No announcement yet.

The rumour mill...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Maybe the use of the word "beg" is wrong but when one agency has to ask another for an asset, which is a limited and expensive asset, dependent on humans, then the possibility of a "no" always exists. If you are talking about scenarios in Ireland, you have the dissidents, potential Islamic fundamentalist terror and the requirement to protect national assets such as oil and gas rigs (think of the Corrib gas rig) not to mind the use of our ARW abroad. Anyway, I'd agree with Pym that this kind of this must have been mulled over by the ARW/DF Staff /Govt/DoD, even if it was only Junior Lts writing papers.

Comment

• When Banrion Eilish was over here I recall 3 helis (at least) being used by ARW.

Comment

• Originally posted by X-RayOne View Post
        True, not a 24/7 service....but a permanent service now none the less. It is something to build on and expand which eventually will only benefit patients and the public more than present.
        Hate to disagree but that's not the case.

Will see what they say when the return to the Dail this week.

Comment

• Originally posted by GoneToTheCanner View Post
          Maybe the use of the word "beg" is wrong but when one agency has to ask another for an asset, which is a limited and expensive asset, dependent on humans, then the possibility of a "no" always exists. If you are talking about scenarios in Ireland, you have the dissidents, potential Islamic fundamentalist terror and the requirement to protect national assets such as oil and gas rigs (think of the Corrib gas rig) not to mind the use of our ARW abroad. Anyway, I'd agree with Pym that this kind of this must have been mulled over by the ARW/DF Staff /Govt/DoD, even if it was only Junior Lts writing papers.
          And who has operational command of?

Comment

• That's what I'm talking about. When the Gardai started into helicopters, there were plenty of turf wars with the Don and noses were put out of joint on both sides until a suitable compromise was reached....

Comment

• Originally posted by danno View Post
              When Banrion Eilish was over here I recall 3 helis (at least) being used by ARW.
              How do you know that?
              For now, everything hangs on implementation of the CoDF report.

Comment

• I remember seeing them in Baldonnel for several security operations and the rules were: give them absolutely whatever they want, give them no shit, don't ask stupid questions, no photographs on pain of death and their word is law. They were quite good at motivating the demotivated and making the lazy work wonders for them.

Comment

• Originally posted by danno View Post
                  When Banrion Eilish was over here I recall 3 helis (at least) being used by ARW.
                  I remember them going in and out of the Don. two AW139 and one EC135

Comment

• posts removed for being blatantly off topic, they are in "limbo" while I decide what to do with them. This thread was given a lot of leeway because of what it is supposed to be about.
                    Thank the imaginary deity that I didn't post some of the other rumours I have been told...
                    "We will hold out until our last bullet is spent. Could do with some whiskey"
                    Radio transmission, siege of Jadotville DR Congo. September 1961.
                    Illegitimi non carborundum

Comment

• here's a nice pic of one of the SAS flight's five Dauphins...

now if only we hadn't practically given away four of them...

Comment

• link doesn't work.

Comment

• it's just a link to a pic of a nice Navy coloured Dauphin with a Nightsun and a FLIR.

Comment

• Is it SAS or the FOST ones?
                            For now, everything hangs on implementation of the CoDF report.

Comment

• SAS http://www.pixstel.com/8-flight-sa-3...ics79-7963.jpg

our four (reconfigured with the SAR gear) would have made a great asset as a dedicated ranger flight for very little outlay, as previously stated they could have been easily based in the curragh had anyone had the foresight to do it.

Comment

• But the ARW are not the SAS!

Comment

Working...
                                X