Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Pure Hover View Post
    But the ARW are not the SAS!
    look all I'm saying is they'd make a great air to ground platform for taking out the water meter protesters and the feckers nicking the turf!

Comment

• What do they do that the AW 139 doesn't?
      For now, everything hangs on implementation of the CoDF report.

Comment

• fatter tyres for a start...

Comment

• Originally posted by na grohmití View Post
          What do they do that the AW 139 doesn't?
          fly regularly?

Comment

• Bit harsh on the Aw 139 ....my service has split the dauphin and 139s service.....never in a dauphin , never saw one on an army exercise, now the 139 is a completely different story, have done a fair bit in them , have seen them on every MRE, 105s and rangers hanging out of them too( not at the same time) .... That's even before you look at Medevac 112 , which also does seem to "fly regularly" too. Maybe we binned the dauphin for a reason....not just the colour and hard for us grunts to spell !

Comment

• the dauphin cabin was too small for infantry work and using a navalised helicopter for infantry work was equally pointless.

Comment

• Once withdrawn from SAR ops there was plenty of photos of Dauphins and Alouettes on army exs

Comment

• Originally posted by DeV View Post
                  Once withdrawn from SAR ops there was plenty of photos of Dauphins and Alouettes on army exs
                  Not really.
                  Alouettes maybe.
                  I don't remember seeing any sight of the Dauphin when they were not on SAR as they remained on one station for a while after the CG took over with the S61. The rest were rotated as maintenance allowed. They loved the hangar.

Comment

• Originally posted by GoneToTheCanner View Post
                    the dauphin cabin was too small for infantry work and using a navalised helicopter for infantry work was equally pointless.

Only 244/245 were navalized, the others were as the AC spec..as you well know. dauphin in military terms was a machine that failed to fit into any category really as it was too small for army work, and the Lynx already did the naval job it was supposed to be able to do.
                    Covid 19 is not over ....it's still very real..Hand Hygiene, Social Distancing and Masks.. keep safe

Comment

Not really.
                      Alouettes maybe.
                      I don't remember seeing any sight of the Dauphin when they were not on SAR as they remained on one station for a while after the CG took over with the S61. The rest were rotated as maintenance allowed. They loved the hangar.
                      Trust me they did

Comment

Trust me they did
                        Photos or GTFO

Comment

• I remember there was talk of bringing the 8th Allouette back into service in the latter years as they were being worked fairly hard in the army co-op role.

Can't remember seeing/hearing much of the Dauphin in comparison.

Again, the talk about keeping them in service seems to completely miss the point of how much they would take out of a small DF budget - versus what they'd offer.

Comment

Photos or GTFO
                            The photos were in An Cosantoir

Comment

The photos were in An Cosantoir
                              I have almost every Cosantoir since 1985. Tell me what year.

Comment

• I don't live in the same loc as my collection.

It was in the late 90s / early 00s.

Think it was during a recce ex in the Sally Gap area of Wicklow

Comment

Working...
                                X