No announcement yet.

New Army enlisted SD's

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is the collar stiff or is it supple APOD?

In other words would it scratch the fkuc out of a lad on a GOH .

Another thing is I would have prefered if they got rid of the belt hooks on the tunic.-

To be fair- at least the proposed new uniform is a change in the right direction in that opinions are sought, road shows are run etc.

I would imagine the picture doesnt do it njustice and with medals, lanyards and other dangly bits it may look better.
    Last edited by hedgehog; 4 February 2015, 12:28.
    Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold;
    Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world,
    The blood-dimmed tide is loosed, and everywhere***
    The ceremony of innocence is drowned;
    The best lack all conviction, while the worst
    Are full of passionate intensity.

Comment

Hopefully we won't need something like this:

I knew a simple soldier boy.....
      Who grinned at life in empty joy,
      Slept soundly through the lonesome dark,
      And whistled early with the lark.

In winter trenches, cowed and glum,
      With crumps and lice and lack of rum,
      He put a bullet through his brain.
      And no one spoke of him again.

You smug-faced crowds with kindling eye
      Who cheer when soldier lads march by,
      Sneak home and pray you'll never know
      The hell where youth and laughter go.

Comment

Once the bugs are knocked out of the prototypes, we could be on to a definite winner with this lads. The DF tailors will be very busy though, as these will need to be tailored to a greater extent than the current no 1's.

Looks like the collar is stiffened and similar to the USMC dress blue collar. I really like the darker green as well.

Could look similar to this once sorted out

What are you cackling at, fatty? Too much pie, that's your problem.

Comment

Personnally I think the white belts set off the uniform well.

The cloth ones are s***

Comment

Originally posted by DeV View Post
            Personnally I think the white belts set off the uniform well.

The cloth ones are s***
            Agree on cloth belts being shite, disagree with the comment on white belts. Not to sound kinky, but black leather is the way to go.
            What are you cackling at, fatty? Too much pie, that's your problem.

Comment

The plans in place are to make sure everyone getting the new No. 1's are measured properly and tailored accordingly.

Once lanyards, collar badges, medals go on, with a proper fit and the stand collar, it'll look the part. The civvie women will love it

An improvement on our current No. 1's anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by morpheus View Post
                Any idea if this will be forces wide issued before 2016 parade and if so will that include RDF?

Not crazy about the white belt, always thought it looked a bit shite. maybe the material its made from too doesnt work well.
                I'd imagine whatever units are involved in the 2016 commemoration will take precedence, including RDF unit's if they're tasked with it as well. They'll be going all out for 2016, so they'll want everyone looking the part.

Comment

Have the Rdf had snags in the past getting Sd,1,s??? And now with all sizes etc being given by electronic means will that help the reserve hate to say I wouldn't hold my breath tbh

Comment

Originally posted by ODIN View Post
                    Once the bugs are knocked out of the prototypes, we could be on to a definite winner with this lads. The DF tailors will be very busy though, as these will need to be tailored to a greater extent than the current no 1's.

Looks like the collar is stiffened and similar to the USMC dress blue collar. I really like the darker green as well.

Could look similar to this once sorted out

Miserable lookin pair of buggers...

Comment

• The piping on the cuffs, the back and the high collar look well. I don't like the pockets or the cloth belt and again the position of the white belt tends to be too ambiguous.

Now the biggy ...the women should wear the exact same tunic without pockets, add trousers and boots, the cravat/tie thing lose it!...and the shitty hat. If they can do the same job as the men ( allegedly) they can weat the same uniform
                      Covid 19 is not over ....it's still very real..Hand Hygiene, Social Distancing and Masks.. keep safe

Comment

• When I first looked at the pics on post No 64 I thought it was something to do with an historical group doing an re reinactment or something along those lines , the outfits look like Army surplus kit .

Anyway , Kilts all round, that will solve the problem for girls and boys .
                        Don't spit in my Bouillabaisse .

Comment

• Re Kaiser's question. Technically you are supposed to get SD No1 after 18 months service. This rarely happens. What more often happens is that a rush job is put on for a GOH and a random bunch of two stars and three stars get SD No1 in a rush without sufficient time to get practiced in sorting it out properly or parading for long periods of time wearing same. RDF do not get peakers but that hasn't been an issue so far.
                          "Are they trying to shoot down the other drone? "

"No, they're trying to fly the tank"

Comment

• Originally posted by trellheim View Post
                            Re Kaiser's question. Technically you are supposed to get SD No1 after 18 months service. This rarely happens. What more often happens is that a rush job is put on for a GOH and a random bunch of two stars and three stars get SD No1 in a rush without sufficient time to get practiced in sorting it out properly or parading for long periods of time wearing same. RDF do not get peakers but that hasn't been an issue so far.
                            And different colours between the jacket and trousers.
                            I knew a simple soldier boy.....
                            Who grinned at life in empty joy,
                            Slept soundly through the lonesome dark,
                            And whistled early with the lark.

In winter trenches, cowed and glum,
                            With crumps and lice and lack of rum,
                            He put a bullet through his brain.
                            And no one spoke of him again.

You smug-faced crowds with kindling eye
                            Who cheer when soldier lads march by,
                            Sneak home and pray you'll never know
                            The hell where youth and laughter go.

Comment

• No need to be ironing shirts.

Comment

• can all women please wear skirts? seriously.
                                RGJ

...Once a Rifleman - Always a Rifleman... Celer et Audax

The Rifles

Comment

Working...
                                X