New Army enlisted SD's

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by danno View Post
    A cursory visit to the Nat Mus in Collins Barracks in the military section suggests an almost seamless transition from BA to ONE
    with the firm impression to the visitor of a shared common military tradition/heritage.
    Where is this nat mus of which you speak? Is it a Bank like Nat west, or a removal company like nat ross?

Or is it another of your unnecessary abbreviations? Any chance of some complete words?
    For now, everything hangs on implementation of the CoDF report.

Comment

Do you not know the army hasn't enough TLA,S??

Comment

Originally posted by na grohmití View Post
        where is this nat mus of which you speak?
        53-20-54 n 006-17-15w

Comment

Proposed new SD

http://forum.irishmilitaryonline.com...8&d=1422991827
          Attached Files
          "Let us be clear about three facts. First, all battles and all wars are won in the end by the infantryman. Secondly, the infantryman always bears the brunt. His casualties are heavier, he suffers greater extremes of discomfort and fatigue than the other arms. Thirdly, the art of the infantryman is less stereotyped and far harder to acquire in modern war than that of any other arm." ------- Field Marshall Wavell, April 1945.

Comment

The Male tunic could be tailored better at the shoulder. The Female cap is horrific. Is it me or is the tunic green more Bottle than the current? What is the story with collar badges?
            Like the female tie replacement, but I think the skirt should be ditched (in place of trousers of course).

Are those people actually that rank?
            For now, everything hangs on implementation of the CoDF report.

Comment

Originally posted by apod View Post
              Proposed new SD
              The female "tie" thing is rather like that worn by females in (I think) the US army
              Even the cut of the tunic looks rather like the US service dress for female personnel
              The hat (female) is an improvement on the pillbox hat which I thought looked sh1te
              Will female officers be wearing these hats with bronze cap badge a la ANS, or is this just for female enlisted?
              Seeing the male tunic in the flesh just confirms my perception - don't like the style, prefer tunic with shirt/tie
              "Well, stone me! We've had cocaine, bribery and Arsenal scoring two goals at home. But just when you thought there were truly no surprises left in football, Vinnie Jones turns out to be an international player!" (Jimmy Greaves)!"

Comment

That's a ghoul uniform, the existing SD is way better. Are the rank markings supposed to be around the elbows?
                Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold;
                Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world,
                The blood-dimmed tide is loosed, and everywhere***
                The ceremony of innocence is drowned;
                The best lack all conviction, while the worst
                Are full of passionate intensity.

Comment

I think it looks way better. I assume the collar badges will go where those dots are on the male collar?

Does look very 1916!
                  I knew a simple soldier boy.....
                  Who grinned at life in empty joy,
                  Slept soundly through the lonesome dark,
                  And whistled early with the lark.

In winter trenches, cowed and glum,
                  With crumps and lice and lack of rum,
                  He put a bullet through his brain.
                  And no one spoke of him again.

You smug-faced crowds with kindling eye
                  Who cheer when soldier lads march by,
                  Sneak home and pray you'll never know
                  The hell where youth and laughter go.

Comment

The female service dress looks OK except for the cap which makes her look like a hotel porter.
                    I am not sure about the male tunic. The epaulettes look big and the standing collar just doesn't look right.
                    It was the year of fire...the year of destruction...the year we took back what was ours.
                    It was the year of rebirth...the year of great sadness...the year of pain...and the year of joy.
                    It was a new age...It was the end of history.
                    It was the year everything changed.

Comment

On second look, the female hat does look fairly gammy. Are those the final designs?
                      I knew a simple soldier boy.....
                      Who grinned at life in empty joy,
                      Slept soundly through the lonesome dark,
                      And whistled early with the lark.

In winter trenches, cowed and glum,
                      With crumps and lice and lack of rum,
                      He put a bullet through his brain.
                      And no one spoke of him again.

You smug-faced crowds with kindling eye
                      Who cheer when soldier lads march by,
                      Sneak home and pray you'll never know
                      The hell where youth and laughter go.

Comment

Rushing them in for 2016 is going to be a big mistake, they still need a lot of work. Can't see the men happy wearing them, Material looks cheap. Would look better with a black belt and gloves. white cap band looks to Cadet. Womens hat is crap, present one looks much better and original, she looks like a 1970's Ban Gardai. Give the RIR's tailor a ring.

Comment

Female uniform looks ok apart from the hat. But why back to skirts?

The male uniform just looks strange like it is incorrectly sized

Comment

Is the standing collar enlisted only or will the officers be getting it too?
                            It was the year of fire...the year of destruction...the year we took back what was ours.
                            It was the year of rebirth...the year of great sadness...the year of pain...and the year of joy.
                            It was a new age...It was the end of history.
                            It was the year everything changed.

Comment

The uniform isn't issued to either of those troops they haven't been ironed or fitted to them.
                              The male uniform looks smart in the light of day..
                              Also two young CS,s good to see. ��

Comment

Black belt and gloves would be better. I'd say if properly tailored, the male one would look the part. The female uniform looks similar to the current, bar the skirt being back. The lids for both look crap really, male could be down to fitting, female, total redesign needed.
                                What are you cackling at, fatty? Too much pie, that's your problem.

Comment

Working...
                                X