Reminder of some of the rules of Irish Military Online

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reminder of some of the rules of Irish Military Online

As a result of the many attacks on the decisions of the Admins and Mods, I have decided to remind all of you of some of the rules of IMO. These rules are in the first thread of the Announcements section. I list them again and I have highlighted the ones that were abused recently.

Discussion Board Code of Conduct

1. The user undertakes not to make use of or publish material that is obscene, libelous or defamatory or in violation of any right of any third party.

2. No user shall interfere or attempt to interfere in any way with information belonging to another person. Similarly no user shall make unauthorised copies of information belonging to another person.

3. The user must not undertake any actions that brings this website into disrepute.

4. Please note that any comment relating to your military service in the Irish Defence Forces that is in breach of military regulations or Official Secrets Act 1963, or considered by Admin/Moderators to be of a militarily sensitive nature, will result in the immediate removal of the comment and possible disciplinary action by Admin/Moderators and may result in disciplinary action by the military authorities against the author of such comments. It should also be noted that this includes the posting of information which may compromise the security of military installations which is also forbidden.

5. Details of times, dates or contents of military courses cannot and will not be published on this site.

6. The Administrator and / or Moderators reserve the right to ban any member from using this discussion board, at their own discretion.

7. All complaints, with regard this board should be directed as per the complaints procedure found here

8. Text speak is not acceptable on IMO

9. Insulting and abuse of any other member of the board is not acceptable at any time. Every member of the board is entitled to his/her opinion even if it is different from your own. Differences of opinion do NOT give you the right to abuse people.

Please abide by the rules. If you do not you will receive infraction points (10 points - automatic moderation, 20 points automatic ban) and in serious cases a ban.
    "Fellow-soldiers of the Irish Republican Army, I have just received a communication from Commandant Pearse calling on us to surrender and you will agree with me that this is the hardest task we have been called upon to perform during this eventful week, but we came into this fight for Irish Independence in obedience to the commands of our higher officers and now in obedience to their wishes we must surrender. I know you would, like myself, prefer to be with our comrades who have already fallen in the fight - we, too, should rather die in this glorious struggle than submit to the enemy." Volunteer Captain Patrick Holahan to 58 of his men at North Brunswick Street, the last group of the Four Courts Garrison to surrender, Sunday 30 April 1916.
Working...
X