Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

White Paper - When is it due to be published?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Deja vu here. Did we not discuss this in detail some time back.
    "Are they trying to shoot down the other drone? "

"No, they're trying to fly the tank"

Comment

• Originally posted by paul g View Post
      So they spend a fortune modifying nine cars and acquiring RWS at considerable expense and then they send them as training vehicles to home based squadrons, one of whom is based 30 mins drive away from the vehicle garrages purpose build for the mowags in the Curragh, and given that its based in the middle of the city has to drive to the curragh to train drivers

can't see the logic in that myself. Nor could I find any reference to the Df facebook page to the 9 modified cars being given to the CAV.
      Cav don't have enough vehicles to equip themselves at home (and/or overseas). So in that way it does make sense IMHO.

Good point regarding being in the city

There was photos of the vehicles being loaded in Germany (I think it was)

Comment

• The 9 cars modified are now Cav cars as the infantry do not operate RWS on mowags, apparently three to the south three east three to 1ACS. I think u posted this info some time back in another forum.

Comment

• Hahaha 30min drive from using mowags. Mowags can be like a child's toys. Sometimes they're not shared 😂

As far as i know it's 4 South, 4 to Dublin and 1 staying with 1acs. As kaiser said, as it stand rws is a Cav thing. The corps in general haven't near the amount of armour they require so I don't think it's money wasted. If anything Cav need more cars and possibly if not definitely need a platform with a heavier fire support capability.
          Last edited by spider pig; 8 July 2015, 19:39.
          Sir I cant find my peltors........Private they are on your face

Comment

• Maybe the three cav units and the mech coy need to be amalgamated into a DF/brigade recce force.

*incoming**

Comment

• Originally posted by spider pig View Post
              Hahaha 30min drive from using mowags. Mowags can be like a child's toys. Sometimes they're not shared 😂

As far as i know it's 4 South, 4 to Dublin and 1 staying with 1acs. As kaiser said, as it stand rws is a Cav thing. The corps in general haven't near the amount of armour they require so I don't think it's money wasted. If anything Cav need more cars and possibly if not definitely need a platform with a heavier fire support capability.
              +1

Except the infantry don't have enough APCs either, they only had enough to equip 3 APC Coys (so 1 required for training at home (including MREs) and either a Mech Inf Bn minus or 2 Mech Inf Coy Gps overseas and none spare). And that was before these conversions!

Comment

• How many APC Coys are there? How many Mech Inf Bns are there?
                For now, everything hangs on implementation of the CoDF report.

Comment

• Originally posted by na grohmití View Post
                  How many APC Coys are there? How many Mech Inf Bns are there?
                  The peacetime and wartime establishments are different

Comment

• In wartime it is assumed that the required equipment will be purchased. q.e.d.

Comment

• In wartime it's usually impossible to purchase anything you want

Comment

• The conversions mean that we can't deploy 2 APC Coys (ie Inf Gps) overseas (at the strength that they should have) or a Mech Inf Bn (without 2 Mech Inf Coys from another country)

Comment

• Originally posted by na grohmití View Post
                          How many Mech Inf Bns are there?
                          Palette of forces ?

Comment

• Have we ever had enough APCs? Or Armoured vehicles of any type for that matter? Sharing what we have between every unit is better than one unit having everything, and everyone else borrowing those vehicles for training purposes.

Comment

• For a neutral nation we certainly rely on a lot off belligerent to keep us supplied. I could never understand how the state could not supply its own forces with bullets, particularly in the years before the civilian market for ammunition was killed.

Comment

• But we aren't neutral, its worse than that.
                                we havent signed or ratified any hague related agreements or treaties.
                                Military policy of non involvement, on a case by case basis, under the nations triple lock agreement - i.e. if China and Russia allow us to deploy.
                                "He is an enemy officer taken in battle and entitled to fair treatment."
                                "No, sir. He's a sergeant, and they don't deserve no respect at all, sir. I should know. They're cunning and artful, if they're any good. I wouldn't mind if he was an officer, sir. But sergeants are clever."

Comment

Working...
                                X