Scorpion replacment?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Maybe they got stuck in the mud
    It is only by contemplation of the incompetent that we can appreciate the difficulties and accomplishments of the competent.

Comment

Sorry Docman. But the man did wonders given he was a lowly lieutenant .I got the name wrong. So aplogies alround.

Its amazing to see how concepts of operations have developed since the falklands.May be a ltle war is a good thing from time to time....no matter how realistic training may seem ..there is nothing like a shooting match for the paced to be upped.
      Covid 19 is not over ....it's still very real..Hand Hygiene, Social Distancing and Masks.. keep safe

Comment

Just a thought..at 200,000 euro per upgarde and given that the AmL 60s were alread obselte after the upgrades is it not a waste of time. Or is it a sign of unsureity in the Army ...upgrade because we have then...in fear that if we write them off we may get nothing to replace them..as i said ..just a thought.
        Covid 19 is not over ....it's still very real..Hand Hygiene, Social Distancing and Masks.. keep safe

Comment

Originally posted by Harmon Rabb
          Just a thought..at 200,000 euro per upgarde and given that the AmL 60s were alread obselte after the upgrades is it not a waste of time. Or is it a sign of unsureity in the Army ...upgrade because we have then...in fear that if we write them off we may get nothing to replace them..as i said ..just a thought.
          This it in a nutshell, the old public service problem, spend the budget this year or they will reduce our budget next year....
          You're even dumber than I tell people

You might have been infected but you never were a bore

Comment

'medium' armour

Re the question of the 'correct' role of CVR(T)s, the British have created Medium Armour Squadrons in three of their armoured regiments. These squadrons are equipped with Scimitars and their main mission is to provide direct fire support for light role infantry.

Comment

so what is your question?
              What are you cackling at, fatty? Too much pie, that's your problem.

Comment

ah my bad....oops
                What are you cackling at, fatty? Too much pie, that's your problem.

Comment

Scorpion question

I was just wondering, did the Army ever find a solution to the problem with the 76mm gun on the Scorpion?
                  Dr. Venture: Why is it every time I need to get somewhere, we get waylaid by jackassery?

Dr. Venture: Dean, you smell like a whore

Comment

no,

now off to bed with you
                    Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold;
                    Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world,
                    The blood-dimmed tide is loosed, and everywhere***
                    The ceremony of innocence is drowned;
                    The best lack all conviction, while the worst
                    Are full of passionate intensity.

Comment

Problem? What Problem?

Catch-22 says they have a right to do anything we can't stop them from doing.

Comment

Originally posted by Goldie fish View Post
                        Problem? What Problem?
                        At one time there was a problem with fumes in the turret when the 76mm was fired..

It was a big problem for our neighbours on the other island and received coverage in the Defence media including Janes Defence weekly.

Comment

what? does it not go bang when you want it to no? is that why they were never deployed abroad?
                          courage, endurance, mateship and sacrifice

Comment

I assume the question relates to the fume extractor. And the answer is yes.

Comment

Yes they did..hence they are still in service.

Comment

CBRN seal?

Can the Irish Scorpions be CBRN-sealed? I think that was part of the problem in the British Army: they couldn't extract the gun fumes if they were in a CBRN closed down environment. That was one of the reasons they replaced the Scorpion's turret with 30mm-equipped turrets from the unsatisfactory Fox armoured cars, which gave them the Sabre, used a recce platoon vehicle in Armoured and Mechanised Infantry battalions. (Similar but not the same as the Scimitars used in Armoured Reconnaissance Regiments.)

Comment

Working...
                                X