No announcement yet.

L.E. James Joyce P62

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hate to admit it but, I think the naming of the latest batch of ships after popular names in English. makes them more identifiable with the public.????

Comment

I seem to remember reading somewhere that the 76mm OTO's are being procured second hand, is this true??
      I find it a little difficult to believe that three of these could be found in relatively pristine condition on the second hand market.

Comment

Originally posted by Herald View Post
        I seem to remember reading somewhere that the 76mm OTO's are being procured second hand, is this true??
        I find it a little difficult to believe that three of these could be found in relatively pristine condition on the second hand market.
        Have you seen how many Perry class headed to the scrapper lately? That and many other types that use the system have been decommissioned worldwide. OTO recondition them, put a shiny new turret dome on (its GRP) and sell it to any interested government.
        For now, everything hangs on implementation of the CoDF report.

Comment

Good ole beeb. Meanwhile the Irish media don't know its happened yet.

Comment

Is it safe to assume that P63 has been laid down yet? Also, has it been named, because if not, I suggest LE Bram Stoker!!!
            What are you cackling at, fatty? Too much pie, that's your problem.

Comment

Of all the measures of fitness for purpose, the name is the last of my worries. Insert standard Romeo and Juliet quote here.

Comment

There has been a tripe removal session here.. some of it may return in another form....Try and keep on topic even vaguely, By the way, single word answers [even in disguise] are not welcome on this forum, anymore [even in disguise] will get points.... Regards, Turks
                Last edited by Turkey; 27 November 2014, 12:01.
                "We will hold out until our last bullet is spent. Could do with some whiskey"
                Radio transmission, siege of Jadotville DR Congo. September 1961.
                Illegitimi non carborundum

Comment

Originally posted by expat01 View Post
                  Of all the measures of fitness for purpose, the name is the last of my worries. Insert standard Romeo and Juliet quote here.
                  What's in a name? that which we call a rose
                  By any other name would smell as sweet.

"When you arise in the morning, think of what a precious privilege it is to be alive - to breathe, to think, to enjoy, to love."

Marcus Aurelius Roman Emperor (161 to 180 A.D.)

Comment

Originally posted by Turkey View Post
                    There has been a tripe removal session here.. some of it may return in another form....Try and keep on topic even vaguely, By the way, single word answers [even in disguise] are not welcome on this forum, anymore [even in disguise] will get points.... Regards, Turks
                    ok

Comment

Originally posted by Lordinajamjar View Post
                      What's in a name? that which we call a rose
                      By any other name would smell as sweet.
                      That's the jobbie. Or we could go the Galway route.
                      My eyelids red and heavy are with bending oe'r the flickering screen.
                      I know my emoticons now by heart, on every forum I vent my spleen.

Lots of writers we could honour, I think we need a larger navy so as not to leave out anyone important.
                      Michael D would agree, surely.

Comment

posting on the following thread would solve loads of mine....
                        "We will hold out until our last bullet is spent. Could do with some whiskey"
                        Radio transmission, siege of Jadotville DR Congo. September 1961.
                        Illegitimi non carborundum

Comment

Pics dated 26/27 Nov 14 courtesy of James Lennie

Taken with a Canon 60D using a Tamron SP AF70-300mm VC USD Zoom lens. This image is 4000 pixels wide when viewed at full resolution on here. This is a 3 image stitch at 70mm, MSICE was used to merge them together, there is a slight misalignment underneath the bridge on the waterline. Will replace this image when I redo it.

Just had it's main mast fitted, taken in the mist with a Canon 60D and a Tamron 70-300mm zoom lens. 3 images stitched together using MSICE as took this at 300mm.

Comment

Originally posted by A/TEL View Post
                            Pics dated 26/27 Nov 14 courtesy of James Lennie

Taken with a Canon 60D using a Tamron SP AF70-300mm VC USD Zoom lens. This image is 4000 pixels wide when viewed at full resolution on here. This is a 3 image stitch at 70mm, MSICE was used to merge them together, there is a slight misalignment underneath the bridge on the waterline. Will replace this image when I redo it.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/76809324@N07/15263506133/

Seems like a lot of progress in a week.
                            Fairplay to the yard.

Comment

The mast module has been complete for some time. Unless I'm mistaken the entire structure was fitted in one go this time, unlike Beckett, which already had the lower section in place when it left the Build Hall. Even then, what was fitted required further assembly.
                              Clearly the shipyard have streamlined their build process further.

Comment

After the next hull, does anyone see any merit in going second hand and making a massive leap in capability and looking at 1 or 2 used frigates for about the same money? No EU fundinfunding to help, of course, and much higher running costs, but getting a serious building block. Worth it, or over-kill? And why?

Comment

Working...
                                X