No announcement yet.

L.E. James Joyce P62

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• C'mon JJ, get yer frckin' arce in gear!

Comment

• Originally posted by Herald View Post
      C'mon JJ, get yer frckin' arce in gear!
      We were in to much of a hurry to get SB and suffered as a result, at least let the paint dry on this one before getting here home.
      Covid 19 is not over ....it's still very real..Hand Hygiene, Social Distancing and Masks.. keep safe

Comment

• Originally posted by na grohmití View Post
        Originally posted by hptmurphy View Post
        We were in to much of a hurry to get SB and suffered as a result, at least let the paint dry on this one before getting here home.
        1: Senator Collins, thanks for coming in
        2: its a great pleasure, thank you.
        1: This ship that was involved in the incident off western Ireland this week
        2: yeah the one the propeller fell off?
        1: yep
        2: Yeah thats not very typical i would like to make that point
        1: well how is it un-typical
        2: well there are a lot of these ships going around the world all the time, and very
        seldom does anything like this happen, i just don't want people thinking that OPVs
        arn't safe
        1: was this OPV safe?
        2: well i was thinking about more about the other ones
        1: the ones that are safe
        2: yeah, the ones that the propeller doesn't fall off
        1: well if this wasn't safe, why did it have 80,000 tonnes of oil on it
        2: i'm not saying it wasn't safe, just perhaps not quite as safe as the other ones
        1: why?
        2: well some of them are built so that the propeller doesn't fall of at all
        1: well wasn't this built so that the propeller would not fall off?
        2: well obviously not
        1: how do you know?
        2: well cos the propeller fell off and 20,000 tonnes of oil spilt into the sea caught fire, its a bit of a give away, i would just like to make the point that that is not normal
        1: well what sort of standards are these OPVs built to?
        2: oh, very rigorous maritime engineering standards
        1: what sort of things?
        2: well the propellers not supposed to fall off for a start
        1: what other things?
        2: well there are regulations governing the materials that they can be made of
        1: what materials?
        2: well cardboards out
        1: and?
        2: no cardboard derivatives
        1: like paper?
        2: no paper, no string, no cello tape
        1: rubber?
        2: no, rubbers out, umm, they have to have a steering wheel, theres a minimum crew requirement
        1: whats the minimum crew?
        2: oh, 1 i suppose
        1: so the allegations that they are just designed to carry as much oil as possible
        2: ludicrous
        1: despite the consequences i mean thats ludicrous is it?
        2: absolutely ludicrous, these are very strong vessels
        1: so what happened in this case?
        2: well the propeller fell of in this case by all means, but its very unusual
        1: but senator Collins, why did the propeller fall off?
        2: well a wave hit it
        1: a wave hit it?
        2: a wave hit the ship
        1: is that unusual?
        2: oh yeah, at sea? chance in a million
        1: so what do you do to protect the environment in cases like this?
        2: well the ship was towed outside of the environment
        1: into another environment?
        2: no no no, its been towed beyond the environment, its not in the environment
        1: no but from one environment into another environment?
        2: no, its beyond the environment, its not in an environment, its been towed beyond the
        environment
        1: well it must be somewhere, well whats out there?
        2: nothings out there
        1: well there must be something out there
        2: theres nothing out there, all there is is sea, and birds, and fish
        2: and 20,000 tonnes of crude oil
        1: and what else?
        2: and a fire
        1: and anything else?
        2: and part of the ship that the propeller fell off, but theres nothing else out there
        its a complete void, the environments perfectly safe.
        Everyone who's ever loved you was wrong.

Comment

• TRJ, why is an old English tv show called ''yes minister'' running around in my head?
          "We will hold out until our last bullet is spent. Could do with some whiskey"
          Radio transmission, siege of Jadotville DR Congo. September 1961.
          Illegitimi non carborundum

Comment

• Originally posted by Turkey View Post
            TRJ, why is an old English tv show called ''yes minister'' running around in my head?
            http://www.mrjohnclarke.com "Bob Collins, Australian Senator" Air date: 26/07/1991Can be purchased on "Clarke & Dawe -The Full Catastrophe DVD Boxed Set" Per...
            Everyone who's ever loved you was wrong.

Comment

• Could even be from that craggy island show all that's missing is a "yes Ted"

Comment

• Originally posted by Turkey View Post
                TRJ, why is an old English tv show called ''yes minister'' running around in my head?
                Here's their take on it.

Last edited by CTU; 7 May 2015, 19:25.
                It was the year of fire...the year of destruction...the year we took back what was ours.
                It was the year of rebirth...the year of great sadness...the year of pain...and the year of joy.
                It was a new age...It was the end of history.
                It was the year everything changed.

Comment

• Originally posted by The real Jack View Post
                  1: Senator Collins, thanks for coming in
                  2: its a great pleasure, thank you.
                  1: This ship that was involved in the incident off western Ireland this week
                  2: yeah the one the propeller fell off?
                  1: yep
                  2: Yeah thats not very typical i would like to make that point
                  1: well how is it un-typical
                  2: well there are a lot of these ships going around the world all the time, and very
                  seldom does anything like this happen, i just don't want people thinking that OPVs
                  arn't safe
                  1: was this OPV safe?
                  2: well i was thinking about more about the other ones
                  1: the ones that are safe
                  2: yeah, the ones that the propeller doesn't fall off
                  1: well if this wasn't safe, why did it have 80,000 tonnes of oil on it
                  2: i'm not saying it wasn't safe, just perhaps not quite as safe as the other ones
                  1: why?
                  2: well some of them are built so that the propeller doesn't fall of at all
                  1: well wasn't this built so that the propeller would not fall off?
                  2: well obviously not
                  1: how do you know?
                  2: well cos the propeller fell off and 20,000 tonnes of oil spilt into the sea caught fire, its a bit of a give away, i would just like to make the point that that is not normal
                  1: well what sort of standards are these OPVs built to?
                  2: oh, very rigorous maritime engineering standards
                  1: what sort of things?
                  2: well the propellers not supposed to fall off for a start
                  1: what other things?
                  2: well there are regulations governing the materials that they can be made of
                  1: what materials?
                  2: well cardboards out
                  2: no cardboard derivatives
                  1: like paper?
                  2: no paper, no string, no cello tape
                  1: rubber?
                  2: no, rubbers out, umm, they have to have a steering wheel, theres a minimum crew requirement
                  1: whats the minimum crew?
                  2: oh, 1 i suppose
                  1: so the allegations that they are just designed to carry as much oil as possible
                  2: ludicrous
                  1: despite the consequences i mean thats ludicrous is it?
                  2: absolutely ludicrous, these are very strong vessels
                  1: so what happened in this case?
                  2: well the propeller fell of in this case by all means, but its very unusual
                  1: but senator Collins, why did the propeller fall off?
                  2: well a wave hit it
                  1: a wave hit it?
                  2: a wave hit the ship
                  1: is that unusual?
                  2: oh yeah, at sea? chance in a million
                  1: so what do you do to protect the environment in cases like this?
                  2: well the ship was towed outside of the environment
                  1: into another environment?
                  2: no no no, its been towed beyond the environment, its not in the environment
                  1: no but from one environment into another environment?
                  2: no, its beyond the environment, its not in an environment, its been towed beyond the
                  environment
                  1: well it must be somewhere, well whats out there?
                  2: nothings out there
                  1: well there must be something out there
                  2: theres nothing out there, all there is is sea, and birds, and fish
                  2: and 20,000 tonnes of crude oil
                  1: and what else?
                  2: and a fire
                  1: and anything else?
                  2: and part of the ship that the propeller fell off, but theres nothing else out there
                  its a complete void, the environments perfectly safe.
                  Not to mention the keel that fell of Roisin when she first entered service!!!
                  Covid 19 is not over ....it's still very real..Hand Hygiene, Social Distancing and Masks.. keep safe

Comment

• One wonders what the take on the f35 could be...
                    "We will hold out until our last bullet is spent. Could do with some whiskey"
                    Radio transmission, siege of Jadotville DR Congo. September 1961.
                    Illegitimi non carborundum

Comment

• Any further update as to when she will be delivered?

Comment

• At this time, there is probably a lot of swearing and finger-pointing going on between buyer and builder, with both watching the clock and the wallet, with the ever-present eyeball of the DoD hovering about. Not a good time.

Comment

• , with the ever-present eyeball of the DoD hovering about. Not a good time.[/QUOTE]

How can that be DoD are the buyer!!!

Comment

• This time Last year Samuel Beckett was on her first patrol as a Commissioned Naval Vessel. They have missed the Bideford tides again. Expect no move for at least 2 weeks. i.e June. Meanwhile, we have one HPV in the Med, another vessel presumably preparing to go there in 2 months, and another OPV approaching retirement.
                            Clock is ticking. Time to poop or get off the pot. The Ship is either right and ready or it isn't. If it isn't then someone needs to decide is it worth waiting, or is it better to cancel the order, and go elsewhere. I'm sure the shipyard could flog P62 and P63 to some other nation who isn't in a hurry.
                            For now, everything hangs on implementation of the CoDF report.

Comment

• Originally posted by na grohmití View Post
                              The Ship is either right and ready or it isn't. If it isn't then someone needs to decide is it worth waiting, or is it better to cancel the order, and go elsewhere. I'm sure the shipyard could flog P62 and P63 to some other nation who isn't in a hurry.
                              If it's not right, do we have the time to re tender and wait for another 24 months?
                              What are you cackling at, fatty? Too much pie, that's your problem.

Comment

• Remember, it is only taking that long because we chose to slow the process as we were coming out of a recession. A large modern shipyard could put out a similar vessel in under 12 months. It does not need to be complicated. I am reminded of the ILS vessel Grainnuaile. Hull built in Holland, Superstructure built in Romania.
                                If we set a short timespan in a tender, the builder must deliver.

But that's a long way off. In the meantime, the silence from Appledore is deafening.
                                For now, everything hangs on implementation of the CoDF report.

Comment

Working...
                                X