The Mojave Desert is shit.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Mojave Desert is shit.

Politicians have ruled out western boots on the ground in the fight against Isis but the marines must be ready for anything

Just finished this ex, **** me.... glad it's over. On the plus side I have some R n R in California before I go to the middle east so it's not all that bad. Gonna put up some footage from the ranges, the yanks have some class radio controlled targetry out here!

You get issued the MTP core UBACS for out there??
    "Let us be clear about three facts. First, all battles and all wars are won in the end by the infantryman. Secondly, the infantryman always bears the brunt. His casualties are heavier, he suffers greater extremes of discomfort and fatigue than the other arms. Thirdly, the art of the infantryman is less stereotyped and far harder to acquire in modern war than that of any other arm." ------- Field Marshall Wavell, April 1945.

Comment

Originally posted by Napp View Post
      http://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2...alifornia-isis

Just finished this ex, **** me.... glad it's over. On the plus side I have some R n R in California before I go to the middle east so it's not all that bad. Gonna put up some footage from the ranges, the yanks have some class radio controlled targetry out here!
      The artist formerly known as knocker is out in the middle east at the moment doing IED training and stuff.

Comment

Did he sign off yet?I haven't been in touch in a while.
        "Let us be clear about three facts. First, all battles and all wars are won in the end by the infantryman. Secondly, the infantryman always bears the brunt. His casualties are heavier, he suffers greater extremes of discomfort and fatigue than the other arms. Thirdly, the art of the infantryman is less stereotyped and far harder to acquire in modern war than that of any other arm." ------- Field Marshall Wavell, April 1945.

Comment

C
          http://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2...alifornia-isis

Welcome back to civilisation!
          'He died who loved to live,' they'll say,
          'Unselfishly so we might have today!'
          Like hell! He fought because he had to fight;
          He died that's all. It was his unlucky night.
          http://www.salamanderoasis.org/poems...nnis/luck.html

Comment

Originally posted by apod View Post
            You get issued the MTP core UBACS for out there??
            Part of the standard issue for us. Used mainly on ranges back in the uk.

I must give knocker a shout so.

Comment

Also, being military over here is LITERALLY a get out of jail free card... the lad had just come off the board too. Imagine losing your rank within 24 hours of being told you're being promoted #cpmaggotsontour

Comment

Also, being military over here is LITERALLY a get out of jail free card...
                Living in the States is an eye opener: flashing a Military ID will get one a 10% to 15% discount in most commercial establishments. There are no taxes on anything bought on Military bases (PX, BX, Commissary, etc...).

If you make it to Colorado, let me know...
                "On the plains of hesitation, bleach the bones of countless millions, who on the very dawn of victory, laid down to rest, and in resting died.

Never give up!!"

Comment

They do like their military, I remember accompanying my Brother In Law (Captain in the National Guard) to places, and instant respect (and discount) on production of forces ID. This was before 9/11 as well!

Comment

Originally posted by Flamingo View Post
                    ...Welcome back to civilisation!
                    he's not back yet, he's going ho'ing in California.

Napp, wipe your cock before you get on the plane home, i know the kind of 'laydeez' you associate with, and we've got enough trouble with Ebola.

Comment

As I once heard an STD lecture start from an old and bold MO (delivered in what could only be described as a patrician drawl) "Some of you would stick your cock where I wouldn't dream of putting the ferrule of my umbrella"...

Comment

Originally posted by Flamingo View Post
                        As I once heard an STD lecture start from an old and bold MO (delivered in what could only be described as a patrician drawl) "Some of you would stick your cock where I wouldn't dream of putting the ferrule of my umbrella"...
                        Remember boys flies spread disease, so keep your's closed!
                        Last edited by CTU; 11 October 2014, 23:30.
                        It was the year of fire...the year of destruction...the year we took back what was ours.
                        It was the year of rebirth...the year of great sadness...the year of pain...and the year of joy.
                        It was a new age...It was the end of history.
                        It was the year everything changed.

Comment

Knocker didn't sign off - his time is up just like mine was last year.

we're in touch every few days since we met in Canada in 2011 and he is in great form.
                          RGJ

...Once a Rifleman - Always a Rifleman... Celer et Audax

The Rifles

Comment

**** me did you hold hands too?!

This place is toppers with essence women. Pity I'm too rats and drunk to pull them...

Comment

...Pity I'm too rats and drunk to pull them...
                              no mate, you're so drunk you're confusing 'doesn't look/smell like she's from Dundee' with 'actually attractive by any reasonable measure'.

have fun, well done, and enjoy.

Comment

Working...
                              X