lowe alpine pistol holster

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by danno View Post
    The use of a lanyard seems also to be binned.Not much range with a pistol in any event.
    Not so.There is an issue extending coil lanyard bought specifically for the USP.It uses a cord loop to attach to the grip of the pistol as lads were damaging the pistols by using ones that attached with a clip.The issue one has the cap badge printed on the leather piece that attaches to the belt.They are mainly issued to overseas units.The rest of us buy our own.Oh and the NS armed boarding teams and ARW use a similar one also.(Blackhawk i think)

PS: You can see the issue lanyard in the picture I posted above on the table,its upside down so you cant see the badge though.
    Last edited by apod; 4 February 2022, 16:45.
    "Let us be clear about three facts. First, all battles and all wars are won in the end by the infantryman. Secondly, the infantryman always bears the brunt. His casualties are heavier, he suffers greater extremes of discomfort and fatigue than the other arms. Thirdly, the art of the infantryman is less stereotyped and far harder to acquire in modern war than that of any other arm." ------- Field Marshall Wavell, April 1945.

Comment

Here is an picture where you can clearly see the issue lanyard.(for a high res version go to the DF Flickr page)
      Attached Files
      "Let us be clear about three facts. First, all battles and all wars are won in the end by the infantryman. Secondly, the infantryman always bears the brunt. His casualties are heavier, he suffers greater extremes of discomfort and fatigue than the other arms. Thirdly, the art of the infantryman is less stereotyped and far harder to acquire in modern war than that of any other arm." ------- Field Marshall Wavell, April 1945.

Comment

Cheers for the info apod!!!! Mingy and paddy still serving judging by your pics!!!
        Pussyand Gunsmoke.......live by one, die by the other, and love the smell of both in the morning!!

Comment

ZOMBIE THREAD ALERT
          I notice on Flickr that a number of those on the Recce Commanders course are using Serpa and other retention holsters. Since when is this a thing?
          Recce_Cmndrs_Cse-068 by Óglaigh na hÉireann, on Flickr
          Recce_Cmndrs_Cse-078 by Óglaigh na hÉireann, on Flickr
          For now, everything hangs on implementation of the CoDF report.

Comment

I know a few who have gone down the personal purchase route for molded holsters.
            What are you cackling at, fatty? Too much pie, that's your problem.

Comment

Loads of lads are using molded holsters these days of all sizes and shapes.
              You can buy them in the Mingy shops outside the Gates of Irish Camp in the Leb and they are easy to get online too. Of course paddy the pig being what he is no one has told anybody that Serpa holsters are a big no no.

Should be alleviated with the issue of a molded holster when IMBAS comes on stream. Hopefully they buy enough and actually issue them out this time.There are hundreds of Lowe Alpine Holster in stores in the DFTC still in the plastic. Shite as they are

Comment

Those Sherpa holsters that require you to use your trigger finger to release the pistol are a real ND generator. They are banned in most shooting circles (civilian and professional) over in Canada.
                "Those who have long enjoyed such privileges as we enjoy forget in time that men have died to win them." - Franklin D. Roosevelt

Comment

Originally posted by Tribunius View Post
                  Those Sherpa holsters that require you to use your trigger finger to release the pistol are a real ND generator. They are banned in most shooting circles (civilian and professional) over in Canada.
                  Because of a lack of civilian and law enforcement pistol usage here, the message has not crossed over yet. I understand AGS has had numerous NDs due to their use of Serpa with Sig and Walther, and the infrequency of range practices.
                  For now, everything hangs on implementation of the CoDF report.

Comment

Most people have purchased their own at this stage. Did a while it was just sniper teams but most people that use a pistol often, be it for duties or training have gotten their own because the issued one, material ones for most part are just not up to much.

Don’t understand why serpa are a big no no? I know plenty of lads that wear them including actual battle hardened vets of Afghanistan (pre the new BA issue holster which is not too dissimilar). I would say that lads do t think to put a lanyard on it…. And that is just poor drills.

Not sure if arw are still using the safariland duty holster. The MPs are but although I looked at it and it’s very secure, it leans towards being over secure which is why I wouldn’t want it
                    Sir I cant find my peltors........Private they are on your face

Comment

Don’t understand why serpa are a big no no? I know plenty of lads that wear them including actual battle hardened vets of Afghanistan (pre the new BA issue holster which is not too dissimilar).
                      Because of the ease of having an ND when you are drawing the pistol as your trigger finger,which must be used to depress the release,naturally migrates onto the trigger as you draw in a quick draw situation when carrying "cocked and locked". Even with the best will(and drills) in the world this can happen in stress situations. USMC and FBI both found this out the hard way and subsequently banned their use.

What he said. Bad news.

I would say that lads do t think to put a lanyard on it…. And that is just poor drills.
                      Agreed. Coiled retention lanyards should always be used.
                      Not sure if ARW are still using the safariland duty holster. The MPs are but although I looked at it and it’s very secure, it leans towards being over secure which is why I wouldn’t want it
                      They are alongside FOBUS mid ride versions. It will be interesting to see what we get with IMBAS. The UK's RADAR 1957 retention holster is actually considered one of the Safety features of their G17 pistol and its use is mandatory.

Comment

Working...
                      X