DF Patch/badge ID??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DF Patch/badge ID??

Found this while wondering around in the interweb.

never seen it before. any ideas what it is or is it a mingy patch???

Attached Files
    An army is power. Its entire purpose is to coerce others. This power can not be used carelessly or recklessly. This power can do great harm. We have seen more suffering than any man should ever see, and if there is going to be an end to it, it must be an end that justifies the cost. Joshua Lawrence Chamberlain

Cancel my last.

just copped its EOD patch...my bad.
    An army is power. Its entire purpose is to coerce others. This power can not be used carelessly or recklessly. This power can do great harm. We have seen more suffering than any man should ever see, and if there is going to be an end to it, it must be an end that justifies the cost. Joshua Lawrence Chamberlain

Comment

Looks like a Grenade on fire. Something EOD related, I am 99.9% sure. Wasn't there an order baring patches, ie wings, from shirts and smocks a few years back anyway?
      What are you cackling at, fatty? Too much pie, that's your problem.

Comment

EOD badge.
        A couple of cloth variants and a metal version.Cloth version is NOT supposed to be worn on DPM's.
        "Let us be clear about three facts. First, all battles and all wars are won in the end by the infantryman. Secondly, the infantryman always bears the brunt. His casualties are heavier, he suffers greater extremes of discomfort and fatigue than the other arms. Thirdly, the art of the infantryman is less stereotyped and far harder to acquire in modern war than that of any other arm." ------- Field Marshall Wavell, April 1945.

Comment

It's a Guy Fawkes bomb on the centrepiece of the badge, apparently
          "Well, stone me! We've had cocaine, bribery and Arsenal scoring two goals at home. But just when you thought there were truly no surprises left in football, Vinnie Jones turns out to be an international player!" (Jimmy Greaves)!"

Comment

Originally posted by apod View Post
            EOD badge.
            A couple of cloth variants and a metal version.Cloth version is NOT supposed to be worn on DPM's.
            Any idea why Apod, seems to be pointless to have it then. Opsec, etc.??

Although none of the EOD bods in my place have ever worn it...hence me not copping what it was.

Comment

Why they have a badge or why it's not supposed to be worn on the DPM's??
              "Let us be clear about three facts. First, all battles and all wars are won in the end by the infantryman. Secondly, the infantryman always bears the brunt. His casualties are heavier, he suffers greater extremes of discomfort and fatigue than the other arms. Thirdly, the art of the infantryman is less stereotyped and far harder to acquire in modern war than that of any other arm." ------- Field Marshall Wavell, April 1945.

Comment

It is a Guy Fawkes bomb and two Celtic broad swords and a tri Celtic knot wit laurels
                I see it been worn in the dftc and a lot of guys wear it with their Para wings.

Comment

I see it been worn in the dftc and a lot of guys wear it with their Para wings.
                  I have seen both myself.Doesn't mean it's right.Neither are supposed to be worn with DPM's. Only on the pullover when worn with SD No3.

Comment

oh I know its naughty,but there are even chaps wearing both in the dftc, and as you know what is good for the goose :D

Comment

Originally posted by apod View Post
                      Why they have a badge or why it's not supposed to be worn on the DPM's??
                      why its not supposed to worn on dpms, but you've answered already. same as wings badge. all clear now.

Comment

Ah let them wear it.

It's good to see a bit of Unit(Or trade in this case) pride on the DPM uniform.

Comment

I agree with FM, but its not a trade just a qualification, granted the guys who can wear the Eod badges have there respective trades / degrees which are civvie qualifications.

Comment

Guys I didn't make the rule I am just passing on what the official line is.
                            IMHO DPM's are a combat uniform the less bells and whistles we have on it the better.

Comment

DPM's or in this instance the DPM shirt, stopped being a combat uniform when they brought in the "Defence Forces Ireland" tab on the chest, giant tricolour's and poxy pockets. The shirt is very much about bells and whistles.

Comment

Working...
                              X