• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You aren't allowed do 1,2,3 on same day
    "Are they trying to shoot down the other drone? "

"No, they're trying to fly the tank"

Comment

Well, I won't be doing ITs until my medical is boxed off...
      "Well, stone me! We've had cocaine, bribery and Arsenal scoring two goals at home. But just when you thought there were truly no surprises left in football, Vinnie Jones turns out to be an international player!" (Jimmy Greaves)!"

Comment

Originally posted by Pegasus View Post
        I thought you weren't allowed to run parts 1,2 and 3 together on the same day.
        You are correct - they are conducted on consecutive days
        "Well, stone me! We've had cocaine, bribery and Arsenal scoring two goals at home. But just when you thought there were truly no surprises left in football, Vinnie Jones turns out to be an international player!" (Jimmy Greaves)!"

Comment

Originally posted by Truck Driver View Post
          You are correct - they are conducted on consecutive days
          They are normally conducted that way but you actually have up to 8 weeks after succesfully completing parts 1&2

Comment

Turned up in McKee last night with a bunch of other lads to participate in sceduled PMS'd fitness tests, for me part 3, at 6pm

waited 45 minutes

BPO didnt turn up, and never bothered to inform us that he wouldn't be around

waste of my f**king time anf f**k all i can do about it.

Also, flag was at half mast... anyone know why?
            Last edited by morpheus; 5 June 2015, 10:27.
            "He is an enemy officer taken in battle and entitled to fair treatment."
            "No, sir. He's a sergeant, and they don't deserve no respect at all, sir. I should know. They're cunning and artful, if they're any good. I wouldn't mind if he was an officer, sir. But sergeants are clever."

Comment

Originally posted by morpheus View Post
              Turned up in McKee last night with a bunch of other lads to participate in sceduled PMS'd fitness tests, for me part 3, at 6pm

waited 45 minutes

BPO didnt turn up, and never bothered to inform us that he wouldn't be around

waste of my f**king time anf f**k all i can do about it.

Also, flag was at half mast... anyone know why?
              F@@king bad drills there by that man. If you take the time to do whats required of you, least he could do is the same. Not turning up for a scheduled training session ,,,, chargeable offence!

RF: Flag, dead people in China?
              We travel not for trafficking alone,
              By hotter winds our fiery hearts are fanned,
              For lust of knowing what should not be known,
              We make the Golden Journey to Samarkand.

Comment

well, im not saying he didnt turn up for a scheduled event, im saying the gym had a notice in the window saying closed today at 1630pm and the individual in question either told someone who didnt pass it on or just didnt bother to turn up. i dont mind a legitimate reason, but i do mind taking time off work to get across there on time and putting my evening on hold to participate. found the BOS and got him to mark my name down at the gate as having turned up for a scheduled IT part 3. also I heard from a mate who was on duty that same situation happened this week when a van load arrived down from finner camp one morning to do a scheduled fitness test and guess what? the BPO didnt turn up. dunno was it the same person.
                "No, sir. He's a sergeant, and they don't deserve no respect at all, sir. I should know. They're cunning and artful, if they're any good. I wouldn't mind if he was an officer, sir. But sergeants are clever."

Comment

There is other possibilities. Maybe the BPEO wasn't detailed or was on another detail.

Check your PMs

Comment

This is the DF we are talking about and RDF can be just as guilty. Did you ring the Gym PERSONALLY and ensure it was boxed off for 10 bods etc and a verbal commitment that it was going ahead, plus a mobile number to ensure if cancelled, plus up on PMS as "Fit to Undergo" Gym NCO wont sort it but he should be able to let you know if BPEO is supposed to be there and duty BPEO's mobile number and get one of your officers to phone her/him and see what the story is.

But if you've done all that and no show on tester's part - that's an issue

The published IT's are not for ad-hoc attendance - you have to do the above ^^^^^

Comment

The ITS were moved to the 12th of June due to other DF sporting events (probably the triathlon). But the notice about the change went out at least two weeks ago.

Comment

on IKON was it ?

Comment

It was read out at parade. Plus, it was up on the notice board.

Comment

The above process you mention has never to date been told to me

all ive heard this year is that you are now on the PMS system, failure to turn up on a date is not acceptable

we receive an email and a text from the units cadre informing us of the date we are supposed to go on

to my knowledge our unit phoned the gym a few times yesterday but got no answer and as I was instructed to attend and so i did.

where will i get all of the contact details?

how do i find out who the BPEO or the GYM nco is?

how do i read this notice board? where is it located? bear in mind my own HQ is not mckee

I wasnt at this parade it was read out on

im still pi$$ed off.
                            Last edited by morpheus; 5 June 2015, 15:31.

Comment

Essentially it is up to your unit to communicate changes to the affected people. If as Pegasus said it was read out at parade and published on his unit's notice board then it is fair to assume that the same information was available to your unit (Pegasus' unit HQ is not McKee either). So it would appear that those tasked with co-ordinating this at your unit level did not do their job and ensure the information was passed on. I would also hold your CS to task as at this stage he should be tapped into unit information flow through the Sgt Major and the other CS's, if he is not then maybe he should consider doing something else.

Comment

The DF expects everyone to know to ask in a situation like this, where logic says if something is cancelled that you said you would attend you will be told.

Comment

Working...
                                X