No announcement yet.

Irish Naval Mediterranean EU rescue patrols

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Well if we want an a "homebuilt" VTOL winged UAV might I suggest the A-tecSYN CGT45SLT

VTOL, UAV, GCS, DRONE, FIXED WING, Unmanned Aerial Systems

The main company is Turkish but they have facilities in Galway, but are moving to a larger one in Shannon

Comment

• Originally posted by TangoSierra View Post
      Small steps. Piloting larger more expensive but capable platforms will come easier. Capability development, procedures and training are the hard yards
      Tango contractor support and sop development will all be part of the handover package when buying expensive bits of kit like scaneagles, they'll send a few contractors over to do the training who've all been there done that and possibly trained other buyers how to use them. The NS isn't a rabble of illiterate african conscripts I'm sure they could handle it without playing with a a toy drone for a few trips. Theres a host of English speaking mobs who operate them too so the NS would hardly be reinventing the wheel
      Last edited by The real Jack; 25 July 2017, 08:26.
      Everyone who's ever loved you was wrong.

Comment

• Originally posted by The real Jack View Post
        Tango contractor support and sop development will all be part of the handover package when buying expensive bits of kit like scaneagles, they'll send a few contractors over to do the training who've all been there done that and possibly trained other buyers how to use them. The NS isn't a rabble of illiterate african conscripts I'm sure they could handle it without playing with a a toy drone for a few trips. Theres a host of English speaking mobs who operate them too so the NS would hardly be reinventing the wheel
        I wouldn't write off the capabilities of conscripts as many have been at the university of war for the past 10 years or more. When buying any new defence package always allow for training, manuals, and initial on site mentoring. All ship drone systems have to have viable launch and recovery systems with an element of VTOL. So far so good and hopefully an official advance to a higher range, endurance etc.
        With reference to RIGHT-Wing ships, Al Jazeera, and Egyptians , their own leanings are in the former case towards Qatar ,who funds that organisation, and the other not inclined to be definitively friendly to us westerners.
        The Garda have now set up a permanent Drone unit and have qualified at least four operators. How difficult can it be.

Comment

• Originally posted by The real Jack View Post
          Naval Service. " We need a proper naval uav for use in the Med"
          Nob in the DoD/DoF. " Here's 900 euro go down to Maplans and see what you can get"

Comment

• So Sophia has officially been extended to the end of 2018

Comment

• There are references to a collaboration with IMERC in the development of drones going back 3 years plus.

If the use of a toy with all the capabilities of a really long selfie stick is lauded as an achievement in that time-frame I wouldn't be holding out hopes for...well, anything actually useful.

Comment

• The EU's strategy seems to be failing

Comment

• More on that "Defend Europe" ship:

Comment

• WBY in action today:
                    The LÉ William Butler Yeats rescued 109 migrants off the coast of Libya, following a request from the Italian Maritime Rescue Co-Ordination Centre.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sparky42 View Post
                      So we're still with pontus, thought WBY might have gone with the sophia gang seeing as we got the green light.

Comment

• Will take a few months to get things in place

Comment

• Does this faction even have any air force?
                          Italian government sources called threats by General Khalifa Haftar ‘unreliable’ and ‘unfounded.’

Comment

• Originally posted by Sparky42 View Post
                            Does this faction even have any air force?
                            http://www.politico.eu/article/italy...-to-bomb-navy/
                            They have a couple of former Libyan AF jets in flying condition again..supposedly with Russian help.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rocinante View Post
                              They have a couple of former Libyan AF jets in flying condition again..supposedly with Russian help.
                              I can understand why the Italian Navy would show marked indifference to an Antiques roadshow of re-upholstered MiG's, the same however can't be said for the NS...

Comment

• Originally posted by ropebag View Post
                                I can understand why the Italian Navy would show marked indifference to an Antiques roadshow of re-upholstered MiG's, the same however can't be said for the NS...
                                After all Ireland has done for Libya....
                                For now, everything hangs on implementation of the CoDF report.

Comment

Working...
                                X