Thanks Thanks:  455
Likes Likes:  1,023
Dislikes Dislikes:  35
Page 49 of 49 FirstFirst ... 39474849
Results 1,201 to 1,210 of 1210
  1. #1201
    2/Lt
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Posts
    1,045
    Post Thanks / Like
    I see on the Navy's Facebook that Niamh is heading home, any word on who might be going next and when?

  2. #1202
    Major General
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    3,701
    Post Thanks / Like
    Nobody this side of Christmas anyway.
    German 1: Private Schnutz, I have bad news for you.
    German 2: Private? I am a general!
    German 1: That is the bad news.

  3. Thanks DeV thanked for this post
  4. #1203
    Lord Chief Bottlewasher trellheim's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Cathal Brugha
    Posts
    9,332
    Post Thanks / Like
    Niamh arrived back yesterday , pictures on DF COS twitter , well done folks.
    "Are they trying to shoot down the other drone? "

    "No, they're trying to fly the tank"

  5. Thanks Flamingo, Turkey, na grohmití thanked for this post
    Likes DeV, sofa, Orion, Herald liked this post
  6. #1204
    Moderator DeV's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    East
    Posts
    20,381
    Post Thanks / Like
    2018 participation in Op Sophia being brought to Cabinet today

  7. #1205
    Moderator DeV's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    East
    Posts
    20,381
    Post Thanks / Like
    According to the Junior Minister on Twitter, it is 2 vessels 16 weeks concurrently from April

  8. #1206
    2/Lt
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Posts
    1,045
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DeV View Post
    According to the Junior Minister on Twitter, it is 2 vessels 16 weeks concurrently from April
    That has to be a typo? There's no way the NS could sustain that level surely? And from that tweet, does he mean just 1 surge deployment ending after the two do their 16 weeks, or follow ons?
    Last edited by Sparky42; 27th February 2018 at 14:34.

  9. Likes DeV liked this post
  10. #1207
    2/Lt
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Posts
    1,045
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DeV View Post
    According to the Junior Minister on Twitter, it is 2 vessels 16 weeks concurrently from April
    There's a new tweet, it's consecutively not concurrently:
    https://twitter.com/campaign4kehoe?lang=en

  11. Thanks DeV thanked for this post
    Likes DeV liked this post
  12. #1208
    2/Lt
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Posts
    1,061
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparky42 View Post
    There's a new tweet, it's consecutively not concurrently:
    https://twitter.com/campaign4kehoe?lang=en
    The Irish Examiner expects deployment of two Naval Ships to the Mediterranean commencing with LE Samuel Beckett in April 2018 for 16 weeks and to be followed by LE James Joyce for a further 16 weeks. It indicates an Irish Naval attachment to OP. Sophia for 32 weeks- April to November.

  13. Thanks na grohmití, DeV, Turkey thanked for this post
    Likes sofa liked this post
  14. #1209
    2/Lt
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Posts
    1,061
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ancientmariner View Post
    The Irish Examiner expects deployment of two Naval Ships to the Mediterranean commencing with LE Samuel Beckett in April 2018 for 16 weeks and to be followed by LE James Joyce for a further 16 weeks. It indicates an Irish Naval attachment to OP. Sophia for 32 weeks- April to November.
    15th April 2018 saw the P61 passing Roches Point at about 1145 heading to join OP SOPHIA in Eastern Mediterranean Area. The weather was moderate but accentuated the consequences of low freeboard on the maindecks. Best wishes to all for a good mission and safe return.

  15. Likes sofa liked this post
  16. #1210
    2/Lt
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Posts
    1,061
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ancientmariner View Post
    15th April 2018 saw the P61 passing Roches Point at about 1145 heading to join OP SOPHIA in Eastern Mediterranean Area. The weather was moderate but accentuated the consequences of low freeboard on the maindecks. Best wishes to all for a good mission and safe return.
    P61 will be passing through the Straits of Gibraltar today, 19th April, speed 14.7 temp 19deg. Course Easterly.
    Last edited by ancientmariner; Today at 09:38.

  17. Thanks Flamingo, na grohmití thanked for this post

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 3 users browsing this thread. (1 members and 2 guests)

  1. Orion

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •