Thanks Thanks:  414
Likes Likes:  961
Dislikes Dislikes:  30
Page 45 of 45 FirstFirst ... 35434445
Results 1,101 to 1,109 of 1109
  1. #1101
    Chief Casey Ryback
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    940
    Post Thanks / Like
    The two lads looked like they were going clubbing for the night , watch out for the next episode of Sun Sea and A and E .
    Don't spit in my Bouillabaisse .

  2. #1102
    Non Temetis Messor The real Jack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    3,152
    Post Thanks / Like
    I presume the guy in jeans was the patients hospital buddy, was the patient strapped into the basket in any way?
    Everyone who's ever loved you was wrong.

  3. #1103
    Space Lord of Terra morpheus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Metropolis
    Posts
    2,939
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hope the lads ok, he didn't look the may west.

    Lot to be said for having a heli and deck on an opv.
    "He is an enemy officer taken in battle and entitled to fair treatment."
    "No, sir. He's a sergeant, and they don't deserve no respect at all, sir. I should know. They're cunning and artful, if they're any good. I wouldn't mind if he was an officer, sir. But sergeants are clever."

  4. Thanks DeV thanked for this post
    Likes DeV, Flamingo, ias, The real Jack liked this post
  5. #1104
    Commander in Chief hptmurphy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Posts
    13,057
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by na grohmití View Post
    I remember hearing the ships were designed to carry three times their crew if necessary. Where on a p21 class do you fit 400 plus people?
    That was published for SAR purposes in NOTAMs back in the day, look at some of the loads Eithne carried in the early days of Pontus and you'll find that it was far in excess of the 70 odd she was designed to accommodate.

    Anyone who has attended a 'cabin session' will bear witness to the actual amounts of people who could fit in a cabin,certainn 4 berths on Eithne often had three times that amount!
    Just visiting

  6. #1105
    Moderator DeV's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    East
    Posts
    19,326
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by morpheus View Post
    Hope the lads ok, he didn't look the may west.

    Lot to be said for having a heli and deck on an opv.
    some kind of leg injury looks like

    Quote Originally Posted by hptmurphy View Post
    That was published for SAR purposes in NOTAMs back in the day, look at some of the loads Eithne carried in the early days of Pontus and you'll find that it was far in excess of the 70 odd she was designed to accommodate.

    Anyone who has attended a 'cabin session' will bear witness to the actual amounts of people who could fit in a cabin,certainn 4 berths on Eithne often had three times that amount!
    Not forgetting of course that PONTUS survivors are "Accommodated" outside.

    The spec I believe was for 100 survivors

  7. #1106
    Sergeant Major
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Posts
    807
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by morpheus View Post
    Hope the lads ok, he didn't look the may west.

    Lot to be said for having a heli and deck on an opv.
    On the Spanish Coastguard facebook post there's someone posting that he was the patient, that he's fine now but had a collapsed lung and needed two surgeries.
    Last edited by Sparky42; 20th July 2017 at 14:28.

  8. Thanks Flamingo thanked for this post
  9. #1107
    Sergeant Major
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Posts
    807
    Post Thanks / Like

  10. Thanks DeV, na grohmití, apod, Flamingo, ias, restless, ibenji thanked for this post
    Likes DeV, Shaqra, morpheus liked this post
  11. #1108
    Sergeant Major
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Posts
    812
    Post Thanks / Like

    Shipboard Casualty.

    Quote Originally Posted by Sparky42 View Post
    A collapsed lung and torn arteries sounds like major trauma . It would be interesting to hear the circumstances. I had an experience of falling on a boat, breaking a rib, and a week later , collapsing lung, and pericarditis with klaxons to CUH for a week.

  12. Thanks DeV, morpheus thanked for this post
    Likes Sparky42 liked this post
  13. #1109
    Commander in Chief hptmurphy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Posts
    13,057
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ancientmariner View Post
    A collapsed lung and torn arteries sounds like major trauma . It would be interesting to hear the circumstances. I had an experience of falling on a boat, breaking a rib, and a week later , collapsing lung, and pericarditis with klaxons to CUH for a week.
    I crushed a vertabrae in a Searider back in '87.... helo wasn't available for a mere rating so I had to endure being lowered in the boarding boat and being then driven by ambulance to Bantry General hospital.

    Sounds like a fall or crush injury of some description. Best wishes and a speedy recovery to the young man.
    Just visiting

  14. Likes Sparky42, DeV liked this post

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •