Thanks Thanks:  431
Likes Likes:  1,002
Dislikes Dislikes:  35
Page 42 of 48 FirstFirst ... 324041424344 ... LastLast
Results 1,026 to 1,050 of 1180
    Major General
    Post Thanks / Like

Departed today.
    Well, there's good news and bad news. The bad news is that Neil will be taking over both branches, and some of you will lose your jobs. Those of you who are kept on will have to relocate to Swindon, if you wanna stay. I know, gutting. On a more positive note, the good news is, I've been promoted, so... every cloud. You're still thinking about the bad news aren't you?

2. Likes ias, Galloglass liked this post
    CQMS
    Post Thanks / Like
    I notice on ns facebook recently some aerial photos of eithne in the med taken from low altitude, have the ns invested in quadcopters / drones?

CQMS
    Post Thanks / Like
    Its unusual that Eithne hasnt rescued any migrants after nearly two weeks on patrol, i wonder has something happened on the ground in libya to prevent the flow, She would normally be heading towards italy at this stage with her decks full.

Major General
    Post Thanks / Like
    She left Italy earlier this week. Currently operating south of Malta.
    Well, there's good news and bad news. The bad news is that Neil will be taking over both branches, and some of you will lose your jobs. Those of you who are kept on will have to relocate to Swindon, if you wanna stay. I know, gutting. On a more positive note, the good news is, I've been promoted, so... every cloud. You're still thinking about the bad news aren't you?

6. Thanks Turkey, DeV thanked for this post
    CQMS
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by restless View Post
    I notice on ns facebook recently some aerial photos of eithne in the med taken from low altitude, have the ns invested in quadcopters / drones?
    Attachment 8442

Post Thanks / Like
    Links not working.

CQMS
    Post Thanks / Like
    Sorry, i cant seem to get it to paste off the ns facebook page. any suggestions?

Post Thanks / Like
    Sorry, i cant seem to get it to paste off the ns facebook page. any suggestions?
    Was it this one?https://www.facebook.com/irishnavals...type=3&theater

CQMS
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Herald View Post
    No, if you scroll away down the fb page to a posting from 2nd or 4th of june i think, looks like drone view of rhib. ex off libya.

Sergeant Major
    Post Thanks / Like

DRONE Camera

No, if you scroll away down the fb page to a posting from 2nd or 4th of june i think, looks like drone view of rhib. ex off libya.
    There were drone shots taken of the ship just before departure to the Mediterranean. There were recent drone shots, including one overhead of P31 on passage in AOP in or about 7th/8th June. In respect of the ship's usage, her actions are being controlled by Italian CG and it is conceivable they are being held on LAST Call or NOT at all due to political exigencies . The only other reason for a quiet theater, is that the departures from Libya have somehow been stopped.

13. Thanks restless thanked for this post
    Sergeant Major
    Post Thanks / Like

Drone

Quote Originally Posted by ancientmariner View Post
    There were drone shots taken of the ship just before departure to the Mediterranean. There were recent drone shots, including one overhead of P31 on passage in AOP in or about 7th/8th June. In respect of the ship's usage, her actions are being controlled by Italian CG and it is conceivable they are being held on LAST Call or NOT at all due to political exigencies . The only other reason for a quiet theater, is that the departures from Libya have somehow been stopped.
    Another drone shot of p31, in Naval facebook 15th/16th June, taken high overhead of the approaching ship. Must be useful for target confirmation, when it arises.
    Last edited by ancientmariner; 16th June 2017 at 08:34.

Major General
    Post Thanks / Like

It has begun, apparently.

16. Likes DeV, Orion liked this post
    Sergeant Major
    Post Thanks / Like
    Seems she was designated the on scene coordinator for up to 15 incidents...
    Busy day.

Sergeant Major
    Post Thanks / Like
    Wow could the Irish Times not find a more current photo?
    http://www.irishtimes.com/news/irela...nean-1.3123113

19. Thanks na grohmití thanked for this post
    Likes pym liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparky42 View Post
    Wow could the Irish Times not find a more current photo?
    http://www.irishtimes.com/news/irela...nean-1.3123113

Whats that orangy painted thing on the back ?
    It that the latest NS drone ???

21. Likes The Usual Suspect, EUFighter liked this post
    Commandant
    Post Thanks / Like
    LE EITHNE OP PONTUS

Post Thanks / Like
    703 souls on board (including 1 born onboard)
    Last edited by DeV; 17th June 2017 at 17:53.

24. Likes na grohmití liked this post
    CQMS
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by na grohmití View Post

It has begun, apparently.
    Nice bit of plumbing for the make shift jacks

Sergeant Major
    Post Thanks / Like
    Nice bit of plumbing for the make shift jacks
    There are/were 703 migrants on board for passage to Catania, Sicily . Besides being an extra 45/49 tonnes on board , depending on average weight, the logistics of feeding, calming, and rendering some comforts to those castaways is a daunting task, with little sleep for our crew. I would change the black screening for a lighter colour to decrease heat focus. You can fry an egg on accumulated heat in steel with 30deg Sun. Gentle FW water spray would help.

Major General
    Post Thanks / Like

Great work being done.
    LÉ Eithne Rescues 183* Migrants 40KM North West of Tripoli During Two Separate Operations.
    At 6am this morning, while on patrol in her area of operations, LÉ Eithne located and rescued a total of 113 migrants from an inflatable craft approximately 40km off the North West coast of Tripoli.
    LÉ Eithne’s crew subsequently identified another platform in distress (PID) and a second rescue operation was launched where a further 70 migrants were successfully rescued.
    LÉ Eithne currently has 183* migrants on board and is now proceeding to assist an NGO vessel which is currently engaged in a rescue.
    The migrants on board are currently receiving food water and medical treatment where required
    Last edited by na grohmití; 25th June 2017 at 13:14.

Sergeant Major
    Post Thanks / Like
    Their up to 700 rescued now with medical emergencies as well, a heavy workload for the crew today. What UAV are they using?

Post Thanks / Like
    712 souls on board

Amazing work by Eithne's crew

CPR successfully performed on 6 people including a baby

https://www.rte.ie/news/ireland/2017...eithne-rescue/

30. Thanks hptmurphy thanked for this post
    Likes morpheus, Sparky42, restless liked this post
    Sergeant Major
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DeV View Post
    712 souls on board

Amazing work by Eithne's crew

CPR successfully performed on 6 people including a baby

https://www.rte.ie/news/ireland/2017...eithne-rescue/
    Great work by all. However I think the time has come to ask for a suitably experienced MD in the Mission Team. Boundaries of " What If's " are being pushed. Care is needed.

32. Thanks golden rivet, Herald thanked for this post
    bosun
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ancientmariner View Post
    Great work by all. However I think the time has come to ask for a suitably experienced MD in the Mission Team. Boundaries of " What If's " are being pushed. Care is needed.
    why do they need an MD now ,, they have covered all areas and im sure they can cope ,, to find mds to go on these patrols would be hard ,, nothing worse than a seasick doc trying to examine you ...

34. Thanks DeV thanked for this post
    Likes DeV liked this post
    Major General
    Post Thanks / Like
    They are working alongside an MSF vessel. If doctors are required in a hurry, you have them on this vessel, close at hand.

36. Thanks DeV thanked for this post
    Likes DeV, sofa, hptmurphy liked this post

Thread Information