No announcement yet.

Irish Naval Mediterranean EU rescue patrols

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So maybe a rendezvous in the Med then , two Irish naval ships in the Med at the same time maybe .( And no, the sweepers being collected in Gib does not count )
    Don't spit in my Bouillabaisse .

Comment

• Originally posted by Laners View Post
      So maybe a rendezvous in the Med then , two Irish naval ships in the Med at the same time maybe .( And no, the sweepers being collected in Gib does not count )
      A couple more Aircraft Carriers, Frigates and destroyers and you could almost call it the Mediterranean Fleet?

Comment

• Originally posted by Herald View Post
        A couple more Aircraft Carriers, Frigates and destroyers and you could almost call it the Mediterranean Fleet?
        t

I'm reliably informed that one of the Abbeyshrule SSBN fleet is constantly deployed in the Med.

Comment

• Originally posted by pym View Post
          t

I'm reliably informed that one of the Abbeyshrule SSBN fleet is constantly deployed in the Med.
          I've always argued (with the voices in my head) that a 20 Hull Abbeyshrule SSBN fleet is too small.

Comment

• I thought the SSN fleet was there because the locals didn't want the boomers interfering with the seal fur harvest?
            For now, everything hangs on implementation of the CoDF report.

Comment

• BBQ and drinks on the beach then .
              Don't spit in my Bouillabaisse .

Comment

• Originally posted by whirlywind
                Mark this date …. Irish Naval Service history being made…. LE Eithne and LE Niamh in sight of each other in the Mediterranean; to transfer personnel for the continuing humanitarian mission.
                So they are...

Attached Files

Comment

• The Shanhai Daily are keeping a close eye on our Naval activities.

"Jul 11,2015
                  DUBLIN, July 10 (Xinhua) -- The second Irish Naval vessel LE Niamh departed its base in the south coastal city of Cork on Friday evening to assist the Italian authorities in the humanitarian operation to rescue migrants fleeing North Africa, the military said.

LE Niamh, with a crew of 55 naval service personnel and two medics, will continue the work started by LE Eithne, which was deployed to the Mediterranean in mid-May.

Irish Defense Minister Simon Coveney said the new Irish naval vessel is expected to be deployed in the Mediterranean until September, depending on the operational demands and requirements arising.

LE Eithne, the first Irish naval ship to join the humanitarian operation in the Mediterranean, has spent the past eight weeks there and has set out on its return to Irish shores, he said.

He added that a total of 3,377 people have been rescued by LE Eithne from the waters between Libya and Sicily of Italy."

Comment

• Former L.E. Aoife is due to move from her current location Friday AM also.

Comment

• To pick up sleeping mats and unused supplies left by Eithne?

Comment

• P31 LE Eithne returns from the Med

P31 LE Eithne returns home

Speeches
                        Irish Naval Service Photos

Comment

• More photos.

Comment

• Originally posted by whirlywind
                            LE Niamh cleared Valletta some three hours ago , and is now heading southward, now AIS silent.
                            Game face on then.

Comment

• So Roisin will replace Niamh if necessary

Comment

• Makes sense. The P60s are still working up, having the bugs worked out. No sense sending them and having them struggle mechanically while lives are being lost. The P50s have been well tested in the last 15 years in everything the atlantic has thrown at them. Anything loose has been shaken off and re-tightened.
                                It does encourage planning a P31 replacement ASAP.

Comment

Working...
                                X