• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• British Army Firepower Demo 2015

RGJ

...Once a Rifleman - Always a Rifleman... Celer et Audax

The Rifles

I see PLCE is still quite common and soldiering on, both in this vid and regulalry in lots of others. I've seen plenty of units, eg. Parachute Regiment, RM, etc. using both PLCE and vests.

What's the story with it being issued RGJ? It's obviously still on your order of issue but how/when is it decided it's used over say battlevests, etc? And is every soldier issued both or is it a case of pooled kit and draw whichever is the order of the day?
    An army is power. Its entire purpose is to coerce others. This power can not be used carelessly or recklessly. This power can do great harm. We have seen more suffering than any man should ever see, and if there is going to be an end to it, it must be an end that justifies the cost. Joshua Lawrence Chamberlain

Comment

Originally posted by X-RayOne View Post
      I see PLCE is still quite common and soldiering on, both in this vid and regulalry in lots of others. I've seen plenty of units, eg. Parachute Regiment, RM, etc. using both PLCE and vests.

What's the story with it being issued RGJ? It's obviously still on your order of issue but how/when is it decided it's used over say battlevests, etc? And is every soldier issued both or is it a case of pooled kit and draw whichever is the order of the day?
      PLCE in DPM is still issued until it runs out - but PLCE in MTP is now starting to come through the system. as we rerole back to 'conventional warfare' the traditional 'webbing' is favoured but chest rigs are on issue (occasionally) and personally purchased assault vests are acceptable too.

we are in limbo really as a new load carrying system is being introduced in the very near future (not this year that's for sure) which is modular and adaptable to the role required.

all kit is personal issue - we never use 'pooled kit' and every man is issued his complete PLCE system including sleeping system and even helmets etc and it is his to keep and adapt as he sees fit until he leaves the forces and has to hand it in - it is down to him to maintain it and exchange it (for free) whenever it is damaged or un-serviceable.

the thought of having to deploy on exercise using 'pooled kit' sends a shiver through me!
      RGJ

The Rifles

Comment

Exchange it for free. Good one.

Comment

Originally posted by Napp View Post
          Exchange it for free. Good one.
          what system do you use?

i have always exchanged everything for free and in 26yrs of service in 2 different branches of the Army both in Regular and Reserve I have never been billed for anything that has become damaged or un-serviceable except for things i deliberately damaged (i.e. cutting down a roll mat etc.)

you need to have a word with your G4 staff regarding "Diffy's and Exchanges" - all Exchanges are free mate, someone is having your eyes out otherwise.
          RGJ

The Rifles

Comment

Working...
          X