Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  3
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Recruit
    Post Thanks / Like

Naval Recruit Eyesight

Hi

I was wondering if anyone can tell me if a naval recruit is considered Admin or any branch other than Admin, the reason why I am asking this is that it says the following about the eyesight requirements on the military.ie website

Naval Service (Admin):

Applicants must meet one of the following criteria:

Unaided vision of not less than 6/6 in one eye 6/9 in the other.
    Unaided vision less than 1) above, but which is not less than either 6/12 in each eye OR 6/6 in the right eye and 6/36 in the left eye.
    Unaided vision of not less than 6/36 in each eye, and can be corrected to not less than 6/6 in one eye and 6/9 in the other.
    Normal colour vision

Naval Service (Any Branch other than Admin):

Unaided vision must be not less than 6/6 in one eye 6/9 in the other.
    Night vision must be normal.
    Normal colour vision.
    - See more at: http://www.military.ie/careers/faq/#....tczVwR9e.dpuf

Recruit
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Guys

I was able to get the answer from the recruitement section of the DC. Just incase anyone else has been wondering this is what I was told

The eyesight requirements for recruits are as follows

Unaided vision less than 1) above, but which is not less than either 6/12 in each eye OR 6/6 in the right eye and 6/36 in the left eye.
    Unaided vision of not less than 6/36 in each eye, and can be corrected to not less than 6/6 in one eye and 6/9 in the other.
    Normal colour vision

It is only after you have done your two years that it will then affect you when deciding what branch of the Navy you want to have a career in.

3. Likes DeV, hptmurphy liked this post
    Sergeant Major
    Post Thanks / Like

Vision

Quote Originally Posted by Teabags View Post
    Hi Guys

I was able to get the answer from the recruitement section of the DC. Just incase anyone else has been wondering this is what I was told

The eyesight requirements for recruits are as follows

Normal colour vision

It is only after you have done your two years that it will then affect you when deciding what branch of the Navy you want to have a career in.
    The major change in all services but particularly the Navy is that wearing glasses need not prejudice an operational career choice.

Major General
    Post Thanks / Like
    About time. People were going off getting ultimately harmful laser treatment to pass a medical.

6. Likes hptmurphy liked this post

Thread Information