Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    2/Lt
    Post Thanks / Like

Disinformation

Quote Originally Posted by DeV View Post
    It was more the info contained in the table I was interested in

As at 30/6/16, the NS was critically short of Lts, S/Lts, POs and LSs
    It's a pity that unvarnished truth is always scarce but in any event the vacancies from WO down to L/S must be given an accumulated figure and added to any vacancies in the overall A/B rates. You cannot be down over 70 NCO's and claim NO vacancies in junior seaman of various Branches. If you declare that you are short 46 L/S then you can ONLY find them in your NON NCO strengths subject to training. It is the same maths for commissioned ranks which relies in strengths within Cadet, Ensign, and Sub-Lieutenants, to eventually fill vacancies on promotion. In other words Recruit and Train.

2. Likes danno, Sluggie liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ancientmariner View Post
    It's a pity that unvarnished truth is always scarce but in any event the vacancies from WO down to L/S must be given an accumulated figure and added to any vacancies in the overall A/B rates. You cannot be down over 70 NCO's and claim NO vacancies in junior seaman of various Branches. If you declare that you are short 46 L/S then you can ONLY find them in your NON NCO strengths subject to training. It is the same maths for commissioned ranks which relies in strengths within Cadet, Ensign, and Sub-Lieutenants, to eventually fill vacancies on promotion. In other words Recruit and Train.
    Absolutely

2/Lt
    Post Thanks / Like

Further Retirements

Quote Originally Posted by DeV View Post
    Absolutely
    We are going to have up to three depletion's in Senior Officer ranks imminently. All in Haulbowline. I wish them well in their retirement, and their replacements a bright industrious future taking the Navy forward.

Lt General
    Post Thanks / Like
    Interesting times ahead. The age profile at the upper three levels has dropped by 10-15 years in one go.
    German 1: Private Schnutz, I have bad news for you.
    German 2: Private? I am a general!
    German 1: That is the bad news.

2/Lt
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by na grohmití View Post
    Interesting times ahead. The age profile at the upper three levels has dropped by 10-15 years in one go.
    Always interesting to see what will happen next and to figure reasoning and expectations of those promoting and being promoted. The only inevitability is that all will eventually enter the uncertainty of shifting PENSION zones. The current long term pensioner scene is crushing with costs of all non-food services increasing, against a diminished pension ( FEMPI) overlaid with additional taxes, and no basic pension increase in the last 10 years.
    The PDF pension generally has to support, eventually, two elderly people, who had their medical cards removed at an increased cost of 1728 Euro, plus on going excesses payable on Hospital charges. Times seem to be more challenging for some.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ancientmariner View Post
    Not forgetting of course there are direct entry S/Lt’s and LSs

Post Thanks / Like
    Actually, back on topic about rank - did the SCPO rank insignia change sometime back in about 2012?

I remember just before I left the NS overhearing a discussion new rank insignia for a senior enlisted rank. Have the stripes been replaced with a Warrant Officer style insignia or are they both in use?

The rank table available on military.ie hasn't been updated anyway!

CQMS
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Auldsod View Post
    Actually, back on topic about rank - did the SCPO rank insignia change sometime back in about 2012?

I remember just before I left the NS overhearing a discussion new rank insignia for a senior enlisted rank. Have the stripes been replaced with a Warrant Officer style insignia or are they both in use?

The rank table available on military.ie hasn't been updated anyway!
    Yes they have changed as you described but I do not know when

10. Thanks Auldsod thanked for this post
    2/Lt
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Fantasia View Post
    Yes they have changed as you described but I do not know when
    In the last few years I've noticed the emergence of what I would call WO1 and WO2 in the NS. The former has two thin sleeve rings with gold wired FF badge and the latter has one sleeve ring with FF badge.

CQMS
    Post Thanks / Like
    I think it started in around 2015 but I am open to correction

Post Thanks / Like
    It was changed getting rid of he ringed chevrons with the capbadge to either a single or double bar at the forearm but without the divisional flash using the cap bage instead. The eight button jacket has been retained.
    Time for another break I think......

Lt General
    Post Thanks / Like
    I suppose it just brought naval ranks in line with the equivalent Air Corps and Army BSM and BQMS uniforms. While not technically equal to a BQMS, the SCPO as an OR-8, should always have been wearing a rank marking similar to a WO.

15. Thanks hptmurphy thanked for this post
    Lt General
    Post Thanks / Like

Can anyone tell me what insignia the Naval Lt Cdr is wearing? Looks wrong for both dolphins and parachutes.

Brigadier General
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by na grohmit� View Post
    Can anyone tell me what insignia the Naval Lt Cdr is wearing? Looks wrong for both dolphins and parachutes.
    Explosive Ordnance Disposal Badge.

18. Thanks na grohmití thanked for this post
    Likes DeV liked this post
    Brigadier General
    Post Thanks / Like
    Gold for Officers and silver for NCO's and Privates.

Attached Images Attached Images

20. Thanks na grohmití, Bravo20, Tempest thanked for this post
    Likes DeV, Bravo20 liked this post

Thread Information