Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Sergeant Major
    Post Thanks / Like

Disinformation

Quote Originally Posted by DeV View Post
    It was more the info contained in the table I was interested in

As at 30/6/16, the NS was critically short of Lts, S/Lts, POs and LSs
    It's a pity that unvarnished truth is always scarce but in any event the vacancies from WO down to L/S must be given an accumulated figure and added to any vacancies in the overall A/B rates. You cannot be down over 70 NCO's and claim NO vacancies in junior seaman of various Branches. If you declare that you are short 46 L/S then you can ONLY find them in your NON NCO strengths subject to training. It is the same maths for commissioned ranks which relies in strengths within Cadet, Ensign, and Sub-Lieutenants, to eventually fill vacancies on promotion. In other words Recruit and Train.

2. Likes danno, Sluggie liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ancientmariner View Post
    It's a pity that unvarnished truth is always scarce but in any event the vacancies from WO down to L/S must be given an accumulated figure and added to any vacancies in the overall A/B rates. You cannot be down over 70 NCO's and claim NO vacancies in junior seaman of various Branches. If you declare that you are short 46 L/S then you can ONLY find them in your NON NCO strengths subject to training. It is the same maths for commissioned ranks which relies in strengths within Cadet, Ensign, and Sub-Lieutenants, to eventually fill vacancies on promotion. In other words Recruit and Train.
    Absolutely

Sergeant Major
    Post Thanks / Like

Further Retirements

Quote Originally Posted by DeV View Post
    Absolutely
    We are going to have up to three depletion's in Senior Officer ranks imminently. All in Haulbowline. I wish them well in their retirement, and their replacements a bright industrious future taking the Navy forward.

Major General
    Post Thanks / Like
    Interesting times ahead. The age profile at the upper three levels has dropped by 10-15 years in one go.
    Well, there's good news and bad news. The bad news is that Neil will be taking over both branches, and some of you will lose your jobs. Those of you who are kept on will have to relocate to Swindon, if you wanna stay. I know, gutting. On a more positive note, the good news is, I've been promoted, so... every cloud. You're still thinking about the bad news aren't you?

Thread Information