The DF on Telly

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Napp View Post
    When the Df takes in a batch of crows, do they all go straight to a corp/regiment to train? I thought it was all centralised.

Also. Ha!....... GAAAYYYYYY!
    Here you apply to the Bde you want to join (South/East/Curragh/Naval Service/Air Corps).

Sometimes they are trained by the Bde Trg Centre (but rarely). Generally a major unit in the Bde (Infantry Bn, Bde Arty Regt, 1 Armd Cav Sqn, 1 Mech Coy) is tasked with conducting the recruit training for a particular.

Following recruit training, they complete their 2*-3* training (not 100% sure where this takes place).

Afaik the way it works is that the individual gets to pick a unit to go to but numbers wise the unit conducting the training gets first call and then the remainder get divided up. But it depends on the demand at the time.

Comment

Originally posted by DeV View Post
      Following recruit training, they complete their 2*-3* training (not 100% sure where this takes place).
      Usually with unit they will be attached to if numbers permit.
      An army is power. Its entire purpose is to coerce others. This power can not be used carelessly or recklessly. This power can do great harm. We have seen more suffering than any man should ever see, and if there is going to be an end to it, it must be an end that justifies the cost. Joshua Lawrence Chamberlain

Comment

Incorrect.Their is a centralised recruiting system now.You can be from Donegal and end up being trained in Cork it all depends,where you place on the list and when the next platoon starts.You can then be assigned anywhere within the Army depending on which unit is most understrength with priority given to the combat units. Their are more jackeen voices in Galway now than Connemara ones these days!
        2-3* is usually conducted by the same unit that conducts the recruit training but with a different training team. All the major units rotate through the training role and have BTC oversight at all times. BTC's conduct recruit and 2-3* usually when the intakes don't clash with scheduled POT NCO cse's.
        "Let us be clear about three facts. First, all battles and all wars are won in the end by the infantryman. Secondly, the infantryman always bears the brunt. His casualties are heavier, he suffers greater extremes of discomfort and fatigue than the other arms. Thirdly, the art of the infantryman is less stereotyped and far harder to acquire in modern war than that of any other arm." ------- Field Marshall Wavell, April 1945.

Comment

Originally posted by Herald View Post
          Yeah right........

[ATTACH=CONFIG]8053[/ATTACH]
          Lucky b'stard...
          "Well, stone me! We've had cocaine, bribery and Arsenal scoring two goals at home. But just when you thought there were truly no surprises left in football, Vinnie Jones turns out to be an international player!" (Jimmy Greaves)!"

Comment

Originally posted by kaiser View Post
            Recruits were trained in 1ACS I witnessed them doing press ups whilst I was. on a run CRINGE " 1234 I love d cav corps ��
            Its a well known fact that Cav dont train- they just occur over a period of time, a bit like mould forming on bread or public lice forming on brassers growlers. However even david Attenborough said that he would prepare the public lice to the Cav.

With all due respect and no offence meant
            Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold;
            Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world,
            The blood-dimmed tide is loosed, and everywhere***
            The ceremony of innocence is drowned;
            The best lack all conviction, while the worst
            Are full of passionate intensity.

Comment

Feckin racoons
              "Let us be clear about three facts. First, all battles and all wars are won in the end by the infantryman. Secondly, the infantryman always bears the brunt. His casualties are heavier, he suffers greater extremes of discomfort and fatigue than the other arms. Thirdly, the art of the infantryman is less stereotyped and far harder to acquire in modern war than that of any other arm." ------- Field Marshall Wavell, April 1945.

Comment

Originally posted by hedgehog View Post
                Its a well known fact that Cav dont train- they just occur over a period of time, a bit like mould forming on bread or public lice forming on brassers growlers. However even david Attenborough said that he would prepare the public lice to the Cav.

With all due respect and no offence meant
                The members of 2CAV are slowly Recc'ying your every move right now. Well up till 2:30 anyway then its bugger off home time.
                Squad look this way, i will give a full and complete demonstration on how to post.
                Type 1-2-3-4 fact check and POST

Cryos

Comment

Originally posted by Cryos View Post
                  The members of 2CAV are slowly Recc'ying your every move right now. Well up till 2:30 anyway then its bugger off home time.
                  No one has ever been worried about anything 2 Cav have done..posers
                  3 Cav were the ones to be concerned about, we could shoot!

Btw..looking at that attachment....tattoos....I think we need to revisit the the direction on wearing of tattoos, these look awful below the sleeve lenght
                  Covid 19 is not over ....it's still very real..Hand Hygiene, Social Distancing and Masks.. keep safe

Comment

I was looking on the RTE site last night to see if they have more info.If I am reading the page right it looks to me like two one hour episodes.Hardly a "series"

Comment

Originally posted by apod View Post
                      I was looking on the RTE site last night to see if they have more info.If I am reading the page right it looks to me like two one hour episodes.Hardly a "series"
                      In ORTE land repeats are considered a series .
                      Don't spit in my Bouillabaisse .

Comment

"Recruits | RTÉ One | | Starts | Monday 31st August 2015"

Comment

I could never take women screaming at people seriously....far too much like being married...
                          Covid 19 is not over ....it's still very real..Hand Hygiene, Social Distancing and Masks.. keep safe

Comment

From my recruit training experience it was never the ones who screamed that you needed to worry about.

It was the calm, calculating, meticulous ones who had the Machiavellian grin on their face as they thought about ways to ruin your day. They were the ones who's wrath you needed to avoid.
                            To close with and kill the enemy in all weather conditions, night and day and over any terrain

Comment

Originally posted by HavocIRL View Post
                              From my recruit training experience it was never the ones who screamed that you needed to worry about.

It was the calm, calculating, meticulous ones who had the Machiavellian grin on their face as they thought about ways to ruin your day. They were the ones who's wrath you needed to avoid.
                              ... and so it is in all walks of life

Comment

It is amazing how a platoon getting shouted out a lot (to help motivate them) switches off.... whisper is a few ears (no threats or anything just motivation) and watch them switch on

Comment

Working...
                                X