No announcement yet.

The Russians in Syria

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

this dates from september and todays shoot down only proves him right.

Comment

Originally posted by Orion View Post
      When was the last time that a Russian fighter was acknowledged as being deliberately brought down by a NATO member state?
      I was wondering the same thing earlier today. 1952 according to this article.

Comment

Originally posted by Goose View Post
        I was wondering the same thing earlier today. 1952 according to this article.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...t-was-in-1952/
        Plenty of US aircraft downed over the years. Normally were downplayed diplomatically as there was usually a lot of embarrassment for both sides. Some losses also remain unreported apparently. Impossible now in the era of information and rolling news etc...

Comment

Originally posted by Galloglass View Post
          The West always ****s up......Could "someone" define "West" for me? I generally find the term too vague for any practical use.
          A quick bump, this picture should help clear things up:

"On the plains of hesitation, bleach the bones of countless millions, who on the very dawn of victory, laid down to rest, and in resting died.

Never give up!!"

Comment

And they're gone! Or at least some of them anyway. The naval base and air base appear to be staying. Whats Putins plan here I wonder.

Syria conflict: Russia's Putin orders 'main part' of forces out

In a surprise move, Russian President Vladimir Putin has ordered his military to start withdrawing the "main part" of its forces in Syria from Tuesday.

He said the Russian intervention had largely achieved its objectives.....

In a surprise move, Russian President Vladimir Putin orders the military to start withdrawing the "main part" of its forces in Syria from Tuesday.

Comment

And in 3 months time when all manner of war crimes and atrocities are uncovered or happening, it'll have nothing to do with the Russians.

Either that or there's a new offensive planned in Ukraine. Either way I doubt the Russians are getting any less trigger time.

Comment

Originally posted by SwiftandSure View Post
                And in 3 months time when all manner of war crimes and atrocities are uncovered or happening, it'll have nothing to do with the Russians.

Either that or there's a new offensive planned in Ukraine. Either way I doubt the Russians are getting any less trigger time.
                Does your moral outrage extend to Saudi?
                Everyone who's ever loved you was wrong.

Comment

With recent events in Turkey and the potential for more trouble in the near future and an escalation in Turkeys involvement, it might also be a chance for Russia to step back. Take the heat of Russia for a while, let Russian / Western relations cool / improve for a bit and any set backs or breakdowns on ceasefires will be blamed on others. It's an interesting development anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by The real Jack View Post
                    Does your moral outrage extend to Saudi?
                    Yep, plenty to go around. Iran can get to fĂșck too.

Comment

I sniff an offensive in support of another land-grab on the eastern fringes of territorial ukraine.
                      "He is an enemy officer taken in battle and entitled to fair treatment."
                      "No, sir. He's a sergeant, and they don't deserve no respect at all, sir. I should know. They're cunning and artful, if they're any good. I wouldn't mind if he was an officer, sir. But sergeants are clever."

Comment

the Russians will still keep their naval base in Syria and I reckon they must have been paid their Syria bill by Assad, otherwise they wouldn't leave. they're gangsters, after all.

Comment

Working...
                        X