X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kit procurement questions

Hi

My name is Christoph.
    Vickers helped me signing up in the forum, but I can't open a new thread.

I signed up here because of two reasons.

I'm a german student in Ireland, studying Business Studies, the final year.
    I've been enlisted in the german army and learned to sew military gear there and
    started after it my own smallbusiness. (Sewing Chest Rigs, Pouches, Backpacks and other funny kit)
    While being here in Ireland I thought about supplying the DF directly with custom gear. Not directly to
    the government, but to soldiers who want to buy & are allowed to. (In Germany every soldier is allowed to get his own stuff.
    The only restriction might come from Coy Commander or Btl Commander concerning colour of the kit.)

However, we have one course which is called business plan and we have to develop and plan a business. For this cause we
    have to gather lots of information for a proposal at the beginning and I'd like to use the forum
    to gather it. Of course nothing confidental! Furthermore I've contacted the informations officer and tried
    to find someone responsable for kit&gear the the Cathal Bruga Barracks, but so far no one coule help me
    and I think the DoD will take a lot of time to answer my questions...

I asked apod for a new thread but I think he's absent and due to my deadline (next friday, the 23rd of october)
    I chose this way to go on.

My questions are:

- Are members of the DF allowed to field privately bought gear?
    - Is there an interest/need for better/different gear than offered/issued by the Government?
    - If yes, has it to be in the Irish Camouflage?
    - Are there restriction on the type of gear? (Chest Rigs, Pouches, Backpacks ok?)
    - Which specifications does the DF use? (Germany has the so called "Technische Richtlinien/Technische Lieferbedingungen" and the US "MilSpec")

I'm happy for any further input from you guys!

Who can/should I contact for further info/verified sources which I could use as a academic source?

I'm looking forward to your reply.

Chris
    German citizen
    Student at Griffith College Dublin
    Served in the German Armed Forces
    Likes to sew kit for soldiers and law enforcement - Check my album here!

Originally posted by Paveway View Post
    - Are members of the DF allowed to field privately bought gear?
    Depends on the individual unit

- Is there an interest/need for better/different gear than offered/issued by the Government?
    From the users, more than likely
    From the procurement side probably not

- If yes, has it to be in the Irish Camouflage?
    It is more or less impossible to buy Irish DPM commercial (it is illegal to sell it in Ireland).
    In the last few years, more and more issued items are coming in Irish DPM with a DF capbadge and "Defence Forces Ireland" on it.

- Which specifications does the DF use? (Germany has the so called "Technische Richtlinien/Technische Lieferbedingungen" and the US "MilSpec")
    There is no overall spec (I assume there is one for Irish DPM), each tender document is done separately to possibly different specs

Who can/should I contact for further info/verified sources which I could use as a academic source?
    Ring 01-804 6000 and ask for the Director of Ordnance's office (probably ask for admin officer or something like that)

The only people you would get in Cathal Brugha are probably the stores issuing the kit

Comment

Working...
    X