My name is Christoph.
Vickers helped me signing up in the forum, but I can't open a new thread.
I signed up here because of two reasons.
I'm a german student in Ireland, studying Business Studies, the final year.
I've been enlisted in the german army and learned to sew military gear there and
started after it my own smallbusiness. (Sewing Chest Rigs, Pouches, Backpacks and other funny kit)
While being here in Ireland I thought about supplying the DF directly with custom gear. Not directly to
the government, but to soldiers who want to buy & are allowed to. (In Germany every soldier is allowed to get his own stuff.
The only restriction might come from Coy Commander or Btl Commander concerning colour of the kit.)
However, we have one course which is called business plan and we have to develop and plan a business. For this cause we
have to gather lots of information for a proposal at the beginning and I'd like to use the forum
to gather it. Of course nothing confidental! Furthermore I've contacted the informations officer and tried
to find someone responsable for kit&gear the the Cathal Bruga Barracks, but so far no one coule help me
and I think the DoD will take a lot of time to answer my questions...
I asked apod for a new thread but I think he's absent and due to my deadline (next friday, the 23rd of october)
I chose this way to go on.
My questions are:
- Are members of the DF allowed to field privately bought gear?
- Is there an interest/need for better/different gear than offered/issued by the Government?
- If yes, has it to be in the Irish Camouflage?
- Are there restriction on the type of gear? (Chest Rigs, Pouches, Backpacks ok?)
- Which specifications does the DF use? (Germany has the so called "Technische Richtlinien/Technische Lieferbedingungen" and the US "MilSpec")
I'm happy for any further input from you guys!
Who can/should I contact for further info/verified sources which I could use as a academic source?
I'm looking forward to your reply.