Flags to schools.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Flags to schools.

A few faces that some here may find familiar.

For now, everything hangs on implementation of the CoDF report.

All growed up, but very few will remember.
    Covid 19 is not over ....it's still very real..Hand Hygiene, Social Distancing and Masks.. keep safe

Comment

we trained one of them murph
      Strategy without tactics is the slowest route to victory. Tactics without strategy is the noise before defeat.

Comment

Obviously English was not a strong point , she has trouble with the g in Rising .
        Don't spit in my Bouillabaisse .

Comment

I'm more than willing to help her with her elocution.

...Over drinks. PM me bbz xx

Comment

Originally posted by Napp View Post

Great to see the DF getting out there in the public eye like that, long overdue. Plus I like linking the DF to the 1916 commerations in this manner, the flag, the proclamation. Great idea. Well done DF. I'm hoping to be back in Dublin for the festivities myself, be a hard one to miss, once in a lifetime.

A

Comment

Are you bringing back dress rig with ya? I was invited to a do for it but a) I've hung up my uniform for civvy life and b) I'm pretty sure a BA uniform on Easter Sunday in Ireland would get me killed... still struggling to figure out if it was a set up or not!

Comment

That's someone's daughter/sister/commanding officer you are talking about there.
                For now, everything hangs on implementation of the CoDF report.

Comment

Originally posted by na grohmití View Post
                  That's someone's daughter/sister/commanding officer you are talking about there.
                  That's the humour of ARRSE, I'm afraid...
                  "Well, stone me! We've had cocaine, bribery and Arsenal scoring two goals at home. But just when you thought there were truly no surprises left in football, Vinnie Jones turns out to be an international player!" (Jimmy Greaves)!"

Comment

And that's what's so good about ARRSE. Takes no prisoners.

Comment

Originally posted by na grohmití View Post
                      Fair one, next time I'll steer clear of talking about any woman who has parents or siblings... or a commission.

Comment

Fair one, next time I'll steer clear of talking TO any woman who has parents or siblings... or a commission.
                        Fixed that for you
                        'He died who loved to live,' they'll say,
                        'Unselfishly so we might have today!'
                        Like hell! He fought because he had to fight;
                        He died that's all. It was his unlucky night.
                        http://www.salamanderoasis.org/poems...nnis/luck.html

Comment

Is this only for primary schools or do secondary get a visit too?

There's certainly room for something like this to become an annual event. The Irish equivalent to the Poppy month, which literally pervades every aspect of british society. It's great though, I've made a point of talking to the crustys in uni here (southern england) just to ask why they wear it. They may be horrendous unclean Corbynites who would shun a lot of what the military stands for but they have respect for the fallen. It's touching in a way. And maybe those who fell in 1916, the civil war and the numerous guys who never came back from supposedly innocuous overseas peacekeeping missions will get the recognition we all know they deserve.
                          Last edited by gibedepusib0ss; 30 October 2015, 17:20.

Comment

Primary only

Comment

Is this only for primary schools or do secondary get a visit too?

There's certainly room for something like this to become an annual event. The Irish equivalent to the Poppy month, which literally pervades every aspect of british society. It's great though, I've made a point of talking to the crustys in uni here (southern england) just to ask why they wear it. They may be horrendous unclean Corbynites who would shun a lot of what the military stands for but they have respect for the fallen. It's touching in a way. And maybe those who fell in 1916, the civil war and the numerous guys who never came back from supposedly innocuous overseas peacekeeping missions will get the recognition we all know they deserve.
                              Would a Green coloured poppy be a Irish solution to a Irish mind set.? Would it allow us in our own minds to exclude the likes of the Auxiliaries, Black an tans, Percival etc,
                              Last edited by sofa; 30 October 2015, 22:40.

Comment

Working...
                              X