No announcement yet.

Fort Davis

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Probably, isnt there only a single rail on top of the new housing group?
    "He is an enemy officer taken in battle and entitled to fair treatment."
    "No, sir. He's a sergeant, and they don't deserve no respect at all, sir. I should know. They're cunning and artful, if they're any good. I wouldn't mind if he was an officer, sir. But sergeants are clever."

Comment

One large rail with sight mounted, one smaller two inches approxs on right hand side front

Comment

Originally posted by kaiser View Post
        One large rail with sight mounted, one smaller two inches approxs on right hand side front
        Did they purchase lights?

Comment

Twos thing's
          1/ Need's must.Issue proper weapon lights (as per the original RFI)and the taping practice will end.
          2/ Don't worry about the torches.Worry about ironing out the BFA teething problems!
          "Let us be clear about three facts. First, all battles and all wars are won in the end by the infantryman. Secondly, the infantryman always bears the brunt. His casualties are heavier, he suffers greater extremes of discomfort and fatigue than the other arms. Thirdly, the art of the infantryman is less stereotyped and far harder to acquire in modern war than that of any other arm." ------- Field Marshall Wavell, April 1945.

Comment

Tapping torches to weapons happens the world over I have no problem with that.. Tapping to something that will heat up melting the tape etc is just thick, you can defend it because he,s possible in your unit all you want , but there are better places to tape to excluding the barrel and bfa

Comment

wirelock the BFA to the gun. Contact any aircraft mechanic for a quick course in wirelocking.

Comment

Originally posted by kaiser View Post
                Tapping torches to weapons happens the world over I have no problem with that.. Tapping to something that will heat up melting the tape etc is just thick, you can defend it because he,s possible in your unit all you want , but there are better places to tape to excluding the barrel and bfa
                Who said I was defending it?I have often had to tape a torch to the barrel grip when doing FIBUA and had I been in charge of those troops(I was on that ex but in a different capacity)that's how they would have done it.But sniping at them because they did something out of neccessity simply because no proper alternative is issued is shit.

Anyway.How can the BFA heat up enough to melt the tape when they cant fire more than a shot without stoppage happen in the first place??Easy to be the hurler on the ditch.lets hear solutions to both issues not problems.
                "Let us be clear about three facts. First, all battles and all wars are won in the end by the infantryman. Secondly, the infantryman always bears the brunt. His casualties are heavier, he suffers greater extremes of discomfort and fatigue than the other arms. Thirdly, the art of the infantryman is less stereotyped and far harder to acquire in modern war than that of any other arm." ------- Field Marshall Wavell, April 1945.

Comment

oooo

its true those BFAs are cat all right and an utter pain in the hole to get off

On topic I was down in the depths of Fort Mitchell/Spike not so long ago far from the electrically lighted bits and it goes fairly deep !

A lot of famous five type exploring worth doing I'd say
                  "Are they trying to shoot down the other drone? "

"No, they're trying to fly the tank"

Comment

As for sniping at them I merely pointed out the stupidity.. So the bfa,s didn't work , must of been an extremely shite ex then. Did the platoon have to make the bang bang noises? ��. As for getting the bfa,s of it's a simple role pin once depressed straight in with minimal force it will simply rotate..
                    If one is monged on there is two small holes that will fit a small punch to help

Comment

The barrel grips were to be replaced with a rail in the tender originally weren't they? Maybe that'll happen eventually when/if money arrives for IR lasers/lights.
                      Everyone who's ever loved you was wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by trellheim View Post
                        oooo

its true those BFAs are cat all right and an utter pain in the hole to get off

On topic I was down in the depths of Fort Mitchell/Spike not so long ago far from the electrically lighted bits and it goes fairly deep !

A lot of famous five type exploring worth doing I'd say
                        regarding that BFA problem, try applying some carbon (found in a large carpenters pincil) to the affected area and it should make them easier to remove as it acts a lubricant in similar applications i find. just a thought, may or may not work and it isnt heat sensitive.

Comment

Rumour has it that Fort Davis is earmarked to be boarded when Kilworth reaches a certain standard.

Comment

As for sniping at them I merely pointed out the stupidity
                            Yes.Thanks for that constructive input Any news on when we can see proper weapon lights to fit on the gucci rails we now have so troops don't have to tape them on like a third world army?You know.Positive information and that.
                            So the bfa,s didn't work , must of been an extremely shite ex then. Did the platoon have to make the bang bang noises? ��.
                            Good ex,Shite equipment.

Comment

Originally posted by danno View Post
                              Rumour has it that Fort Davis is earmarked to be boarded when Kilworth reaches a certain standard.
                              Not sure if it was to replace Fort Davis or in addition but there was to be a container type MOUT facility in Kilworth (proposed during the boom).

Comment

Originally posted by danno View Post
                                Doubt that, unless they build a canal so a RIB can drop troops to Kilworth. #landlocked.
                                For now, everything hangs on implementation of the CoDF report.

Comment

Working...
                                X