Replacement for hexi.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Replacement for hexi.

Looks like the cousins are changing over to a better cooking system.
    I wonder how long before we go the same route
    "Let us be clear about three facts. First, all battles and all wars are won in the end by the infantryman. Secondly, the infantryman always bears the brunt. His casualties are heavier, he suffers greater extremes of discomfort and fatigue than the other arms. Thirdly, the art of the infantryman is less stereotyped and far harder to acquire in modern war than that of any other arm." ------- Field Marshall Wavell, April 1945.

i might quibble with the word 'better'. i'd wait a while if i were you, see how we screw it up....

besides, doesn't everyone use a Jetboil?

Comment

Whilst it's meant to be a clean fuel, from what I've seen that Dragon stuff leaves a delightful green goopy mess that would pass for toxic waste.

The Zip fuels depend on the stove used, they can burn well or leave everything caked in half an inch of soot.

Comment

Dunno about the mess bit.The product being supplied for the MoD are solid blocks not gel AFAIK.
        "Let us be clear about three facts. First, all battles and all wars are won in the end by the infantryman. Secondly, the infantryman always bears the brunt. His casualties are heavier, he suffers greater extremes of discomfort and fatigue than the other arms. Thirdly, the art of the infantryman is less stereotyped and far harder to acquire in modern war than that of any other arm." ------- Field Marshall Wavell, April 1945.

Comment

As long as whatever they use to replace hexi looks like a Kendal Mint Cake I'll be happy.

We must continue the tradition of tricking recruits into biting into them
          To close with and kill the enemy in all weather conditions, night and day and over any terrain

Comment

Recruits, Jordanian bedoiuns....

Comment

Originally posted by HavocIRL View Post
              As long as whatever they use to replace hexi looks like a Kendal Mint Cake I'll be happy.

We must continue the tradition of tricking recruits into biting into them
              or dipping them in jam and giving them to the locals overseas.
              hedons have more fun.

Comment

i used the hexi on dark nights last week.... think i was the only one in my patrol harbour with it... think its a decent bit of kit tbh.
                "He is an enemy officer taken in battle and entitled to fair treatment."
                "No, sir. He's a sergeant, and they don't deserve no respect at all, sir. I should know. They're cunning and artful, if they're any good. I wouldn't mind if he was an officer, sir. But sergeants are clever."

Comment

so Old School Morpheus....lol.

it is a decent bit of kit, it has stood the test of time. Bombproof design that really nothing can go wrong with with is a major plus.

I suppose only drawback is the weather affecting flames and heat getting onto the cup.

But lots of faster stoves available now...times move on.
                  An army is power. Its entire purpose is to coerce others. This power can not be used carelessly or recklessly. This power can do great harm. We have seen more suffering than any man should ever see, and if there is going to be an end to it, it must be an end that justifies the cost. Joshua Lawrence Chamberlain

Comment

Originally posted by X-RayOne View Post
                    ...lots of faster stoves available now...times move on.

basically all we are doing is upgrading Hexi TV.

the old Hexi was Analogue TV, the new FireDragon is Digital TV

#HexiTV

simples!
                    RGJ

...Once a Rifleman - Always a Rifleman... Celer et Audax

The Rifles

Comment

Think I might have to get me on of these.While i have a jetboil zip and can't fault it for speed it is bulky and you need to know exactly how much gas is left in it when heading out for more than a day.
                      In view of fight light I tend to go with hexi most of the time these days but as we all know it has its drawbacks.Top of my list is the mess it makes and the cleaning required after.I wonder how long it will take DF procurement to cop on to these.
                      Time has finally caught up with the hexamine stove and it has now been replaced by a modern eco-friendly stove from BCB International using their sustainable, ethanol based 'Fire Dragon' fuel. I've been fortunate enough to have received a sample...

Comment

Originally posted by apod View Post
                        Think I might have to get me on of these.While i have a jetboil zip and can't fault it for speed it is bulky and you need to know exactly how much gas is left in it when heading out for more than a day.
                        In view of fight light I tend to go with hexi most of the time these days but as we all know it has its drawbacks.Top of my list is the mess it makes and the cleaning required after.I wonder how long it will take DF procurement to cop on to these.
                        http://www.arrse.co.uk/community/rev...ld-cooker.283/
                        You'll be long retired mate.
                        I knew a simple soldier boy.....
                        Who grinned at life in empty joy,
                        Slept soundly through the lonesome dark,
                        And whistled early with the lark.

In winter trenches, cowed and glum,
                        With crumps and lice and lack of rum,
                        He put a bullet through his brain.
                        And no one spoke of him again.

You smug-faced crowds with kindling eye
                        Who cheer when soldier lads march by,
                        Sneak home and pray you'll never know
                        The hell where youth and laughter go.

Comment

Anybody at the DF open day at Farmleigh?
                          Did you notice a new style field stove at the Ration pack display? made by "ZIP" I believe(they lost out to Firedragon for the UK MoD contract).Just wondering if any of you had noticed it as you can see it in the video from the display.

Comment

These ones?

The emphasis on parachute drops gave me a laugh
                            Last edited by pym; 10 July 2017, 22:59.

Comment

Originally posted by pym View Post

These ones?

The emphasis on parachute drops gave me a laugh
                              Packing a cheese grater in your kit???

Comment

Working...
                              X