Comdt Kevin Browne (RDF) Retired

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comdt Kevin Browne (RDF) Retired

The death has taken place of Comdt Kevin Browne (RDF) Retired, at 02.30 hrs this mornimg (20 Dec 2015).

Kevin Browne joined B Coy 21 Inf Bn FCA on 30 October 1968. He was commissioned in August 1979. He served as Pl Comd, Coy 2i/c, Bn Adj and Coy Comd. He was the Adj of the Special Olympics Detachment in 2003. At his retirement, after 41 years service, in November 2009 he was Coy Comd B Coy 62 Inf Bn RDF.

May he rest in peace.

From RIP.ie:

BROWNE (Foxrock, Dublin 18 and formerly of Dalkey, Co. Dublin) – December 20th 2105 (suddenly) in the loving care of the staff at St Vincent’s Private Hospital. Kevin (Caoimhín); dearly beloved husband, father, grandad, brother, Son and friend. He will be very sadly missed by all who knew him.

May He Rest In Peace

Reposing at Patrick O’Donovan and Son Funeral Home, Sallynoggin (opp. Sallynoggin Church) this Tuesday from 5pm until 8pm. Funeral Mass on Wednesday morning at 10am in the Church of Our Lady of Perpetual Succour, Foxrock with funeral immediately afterwards to Mount Jerome Crematorium, Harold’s Cross, Dublin 6W. Family flowers only please Donations, if desired, to the Peter McVerry Trust. Donation box at rear of Church.

De shíor comh cineálta agus cabhrach, De shíor comh críomacht agus dóchasach, De shíor duine den chéad Scoth.
    Last edited by Vickers; 21 December 2015, 19:23. Reason: Add funeral details
    "Fellow-soldiers of the Irish Republican Army, I have just received a communication from Commandant Pearse calling on us to surrender and you will agree with me that this is the hardest task we have been called upon to perform during this eventful week, but we came into this fight for Irish Independence in obedience to the commands of our higher officers and now in obedience to their wishes we must surrender. I know you would, like myself, prefer to be with our comrades who have already fallen in the fight - we, too, should rather die in this glorious struggle than submit to the enemy." Volunteer Captain Patrick Holahan to 58 of his men at North Brunswick Street, the last group of the Four Courts Garrison to surrender, Sunday 30 April 1916.

RIP

Comment

R.I.P. Kevin was a gentleman.

Comment

RIP. May the Lord Jesus have mercy on him.

Comment

RIP, a good man

Comment

RIP he always had a kind word . is it 7 years since retirement already
            "Are they trying to shoot down the other drone? "

"No, they're trying to fly the tank"

Comment

Rest In Peace
              Covid 19 is not over ....it's still very real..Hand Hygiene, Social Distancing and Masks.. keep safe

Comment

RIP
                To close with and kill the enemy in all weather conditions, night and day and over any terrain

Comment

Rest in Peace

Comment

RIP
                    "He is an enemy officer taken in battle and entitled to fair treatment."
                    "No, sir. He's a sergeant, and they don't deserve no respect at all, sir. I should know. They're cunning and artful, if they're any good. I wouldn't mind if he was an officer, sir. But sergeants are clever."

Comment

Funeral arrangements:

"Fellow-soldiers of the Irish Republican Army, I have just received a communication from Commandant Pearse calling on us to surrender and you will agree with me that this is the hardest task we have been called upon to perform during this eventful week, but we came into this fight for Irish Independence in obedience to the commands of our higher officers and now in obedience to their wishes we must surrender. I know you would, like myself, prefer to be with our comrades who have already fallen in the fight - we, too, should rather die in this glorious struggle than submit to the enemy." Volunteer Captain Patrick Holahan to 58 of his men at North Brunswick Street, the last group of the Four Courts Garrison to surrender, Sunday 30 April 1916.

Comment

RIP
                        Bohs till I die

Comment

Working...
                        X