No announcement yet.

2016 Commemorative Medal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• That's a photoshop, not the real medal.

Comment

• They reckon every unit will hold a medal parade during December typically with 200 awarded. After that go to stores.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rhodes View Post
        That's a photoshop, not the real medal.
        Looks like it came from the tender document
        Attached Files
        It was the year of fire...the year of destruction...the year we took back what was ours.
        It was the year of rebirth...the year of great sadness...the year of pain...and the year of joy.
        It was a new age...It was the end of history.
        It was the year everything changed.

Comment

• no ribbon just the medal then
          "Are they trying to shoot down the other drone? "

"No, they're trying to fly the tank"

Comment

• Originally posted by trellheim View Post
            no ribbon just the medal then
            No ribbon as well

Comment

• the wording is you who HAVE served .... exers if they want should have the option to buy one if they wish as they ,,HAVE served during this time ... just a note ..... as the time of service during northern troubles were never acknowledged ....or maybe politicans don't care ,,,

Comment

• Originally posted by golden rivet View Post
                the wording is you who HAVE served .... exers if they want should have the option to buy one if they wish as they ,,HAVE served during this time ... just a note ..... as the time of service during northern troubles were never acknowledged ....or maybe politicans don't care ,,,
                Clearly says ''serving member'' in sec 13.5 of the document above. The medal is ONLY for people currently serving.

You cant seriously be suggesting that official state issued medals should be made available to civilians for private purchase.

And correct me if I'm wrong but the Army's deployment to the border areas was an ATCP operation. To the best of my knowledge there is no provision for any sort of medal or award for ATCP.

Comment

• I agree with TC that the medal is for serving members. It is to commemorate the anniversary of 1916 and shouldn't be used to reward other events.

However I do agree with Golden Rivet's about the lack of acknowledgement of service during the troubles. The Brits had a Northern Ireland clasp to their general service medal. Just because a medal wasn't issued for the type of action in the past does not mean it cannot be changed, we now have a medal for humanitarian operations when we didn't have one before. BUT ALL THIS IS A TOPIC FOR A DIFFERENT THREAD

Comment

• I agree with Bravo 20 the lads from the troubles should have a clasp for the Troubles as it is call and is a good idea.

Comment

• I love this country .... whilst the rest of the world burned in the 1940's, we had a bit of an "emergency"
                      then
                      whilst our brothers across the border were blowing the bejaysus out of each other and detonating bombs on the streets of cities and towns and lakes and country roads both sides of the border, we had a few "troubles"
                      only in ireland....
                      The lads who served SHOULD have the recognition which this country failed to give to what was an attempted rebellion and war of insurrection in this islands northern province and that spilled to both sides of the border at times.
                      Last edited by morpheus; 7 October 2016, 12:32.
                      "He is an enemy officer taken in battle and entitled to fair treatment."
                      "No, sir. He's a sergeant, and they don't deserve no respect at all, sir. I should know. They're cunning and artful, if they're any good. I wouldn't mind if he was an officer, sir. But sergeants are clever."

Comment

• there is a ribbon.
                        I think the medal is really nice, the prototype looks very nice.

I think the basic design show in that drawing doesn't do it justice, the medal has come out far lighter.

Once the picture is released and becomes unrestricted I will post it here for you. DFR A9 should be updated and released very shorely.
                        Last edited by Toolbox; 8 October 2016, 00:21.

Comment

• Originally posted by Toolbox View Post
                          there is a ribbon.
                          I think the medal is really nice, the prototype looks very nice.

I think the basic design show in that drawing doesn't do it justice, the medal has come out far lighter.

Once the picture is released and becomes unrestricted I will post it here for you. DFR A9 should be updated and released very shorely.
                          Hi Toolbox. Can it be seen on IKON yet? If so, where?

Thanks

Comment

• They put it up and quickly took it down again. Must have been an accidental share.

Comment

• i had sworn I saw it on IKON during the week.
                              "Are they trying to shoot down the other drone? "

"No, they're trying to fly the tank"

Comment

• Yes it is been issued to serving member but read on "soldiers sailors and aircrew who HAVE served.. civilians not mentioned ..I don't regard exers as that ...I don't think the soldiers got paid aid to civil power only an allowance .. and yes they do deserve recognition seeing some of them died during this long time of operations in that area ,, fair play to navy for fighting for medal for med ops ,, again this is some way of recognition ..

Comment

Working...
                                X