No announcement yet.

2016 Commemorative Medal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [QUOTE=DeV;443029]Because the medal seekers wanted it, they lobbied, got it in a manifesto.

But IMHO few in

Originally posted by DeV View Post
    IKON is where you find the Board Convening Order and no doubt recommendations.
    No official recommendation has been posted anywhere yet, it is still on CoS desk I take it.

IKON offical newsfeed should not be confused with the discussion forums which are very like here, except fully identifiable and so a bit more grown up (not by much though!)

Comment

• [QUOTE=Toolbox;443034]
      Originally posted by DeV View Post
      IKON offical newsfeed should not be confused with the discussion forums which are very like here, except fully identifiable and so a bit more grown up (not by much though!)
      I'm not.

Comment

• As an outsider, I'm puzzled about this medal. Wouldn't it have been more appropriate to have made the decision 12-18 months ago, and issued in time for the Easter parades?

Just saying, like....
        'He died who loved to live,' they'll say,
        'Unselfishly so we might have today!'
        Like hell! He fought because he had to fight;
        He died that's all. It was his unlucky night.
        http://www.salamanderoasis.org/poems...nnis/luck.html

Comment

• HaHaha that is one of the best ball hops ever Rhodes.

It would be beautiful, force the management to design a medal they don't want to award.

Seeing as how they would have to give it to sandbags which is really annoying the sh1t out of loadsa people, they make it a non wearable award.

Which also ensures the Walter mitty's and sad acts on the ONE & UN Vets & Naval Association can't copy it & wear it.

Which they for 100% sure intend to do once the medal is produced.

I had honestly never considered a non wearable medal, My own thoughts were that the service criteria would like 5 years or so thus taking out the main group of sandbags if they only awarded those on effective strength the day of the parade which is less than the on paper number.

I know dudes who would flip out if they made it a gift medal.

Given the way they flipped when Killer said "will they have a cultaca clasp on IKON!"
          baggery aside which is not nice
          Made me lol more than a grain of truth there
          "Are they trying to shoot down the other drone? "

"No, they're trying to fly the tank"

Comment

• if they were awarding based on years service a shed load of people PDF and RDF would not be there.
            "Are they trying to shoot down the other drone? "

"No, they're trying to fly the tank"

Comment

• Originally posted by trellheim View Post
              baggery aside which is not nice
              Made me lol more than a grain of truth there
              I know I shouldn't but you have to remember back in the days of yesteryear there was no bigger, badder, more committed bagger than myself! Trust me it is term of endearment not slander.
              Now don't get me started on the slua!

Hopefully none of what I posted will come to pass!

Flamingo it sure would but making sense isn't a strong point in the DF.

Comment

• Originally posted by na grohmití View Post
                Retirement.
                My service medal is non wearable, as I no longer serve in the defence forces.
                Incorrect.Retired personnel,yourself included,can wear their medals in civilian attire on the same occasions that serving personnel can wear theirs.For example the national day of commemoration.
                "Let us be clear about three facts. First, all battles and all wars are won in the end by the infantryman. Secondly, the infantryman always bears the brunt. His casualties are heavier, he suffers greater extremes of discomfort and fatigue than the other arms. Thirdly, the art of the infantryman is less stereotyped and far harder to acquire in modern war than that of any other arm." ------- Field Marshall Wavell, April 1945.

Comment

• Oh. Thank you. I was misinformed.
                  For now, everything hangs on implementation of the CoDF report.

Comment

• Originally posted by apod View Post
                    Incorrect.Retired personnel,yourself included,can wear their medals in civilian attire on the same occasions that serving personnel can wear theirs.For example the national day of commemoration.
                    But personnel subject to military law can't

Comment

• I think I just said that when I said RETIRED personnel,but thanks for that

PS: Do I need to waste my time reminding people of when RDF are subject to military law??Really??
                      "Let us be clear about three facts. First, all battles and all wars are won in the end by the infantryman. Secondly, the infantryman always bears the brunt. His casualties are heavier, he suffers greater extremes of discomfort and fatigue than the other arms. Thirdly, the art of the infantryman is less stereotyped and far harder to acquire in modern war than that of any other arm." ------- Field Marshall Wavell, April 1945.

Comment

• Originally posted by Toolbox View Post
                        Given the way they flipped when Killer said "will they have a cultaca clasp on IKON!"
                        I'd actually have no issue with that. After all there is precedence. The Emergency Service Medal had different variations for the type of service you were in.

Comment

• Originally posted by Flamingo View Post
                          As an outsider, I'm puzzled about this medal. Wouldn't it have been more appropriate to have made the decision 12-18 months ago, and issued in time for the Easter parades?

Just saying, like....
                          They did make the decision 18 months...not to issue a medal. There has been pressure to change their minds.

Comment

• Originally posted by apod View Post
                            I think I just said that when I said RETIRED personnel,but thanks for that

PS: Do I need to waste my time reminding people of when RDF are subject to military law??Really??
                            Point I was trying to say is that serving personnel could potentionally wear medals when not subject to military law.

Not saying they should by the way

Comment

• Originally posted by DeV View Post
                              Point I was trying to say is that serving personnel could potentionally wear medals when not subject to military law.

Not saying they should by the way
                              I am ashamed to say I was one of those people until I read Ger O'Conner's book on medals and realised I was wrong.

Comment

• It is a DFR that you can't wear medals in civilian dress so you can when not subject to military law

Comment

Working...
                                X