No announcement yet.

Air Corps training Malta’s Air Wing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ok, so the Navy has had a trip to Malta, the Air Corps have had a trip to Malta, when is the Army's turn?
    'He died who loved to live,' they'll say,
    'Unselfishly so we might have today!'
    Like hell! He fought because he had to fight;
    He died that's all. It was his unlucky night.
    http://www.salamanderoasis.org/poems...nnis/luck.html

Comment

Originally posted by Flamingo View Post
      Ok, so the Navy has had a trip to Malta, the Air Corps have had a trip to Malta, when is the Army's turn?
      Given the performance of the minister of defence, it's probably only a matter of time before the helicopters are donated to Malta

Comment

Originally posted by Flamingo View Post
        What would that come under I wonder? I mean the others have some excuses to use, not sure the Maltese are going to buy any Mowags or anything, but I'm sure someone in the Army is putting some effort into it right now (wouldn't blame them, I loved the few times I've been in Malta).

Comment

Well there have been Maltese cadets in the Cadet School for a good few years now, a few officers have completed the PCPSO and JC&S Cses as well AFAIK.

The training team with EUTM Somalia was a joint one with .... Malta.

Comment

Originally posted by GoneToTheCanner View Post
            Poor Maltese...having to learn how to eat potatoes, drink rotgut whiskey, swear in public that they like Guinness and then wear green on Paddy's Day....
            To be honest, it hasn't required much learning or persuasion either...

Comment

Originally posted by DeV View Post
              Well there have been Maltese cadets in the Cadet School for a good few years now, a few officers have completed the PCPSO and JC&S Cses as well AFAIK.

The training team with EUTM Somalia was a joint one with .... Malta.
              There is a relatively natural fit between our air and maritime components, similar equipment and missions, roughly the same order of size. On the land side we probably lag somewhat further behind although when it comes to niche capabilities such as provided by both sides in EUTM Somalia, again working together is relatively straightforward.

Comment

Interesting FII article

*http://flyinginireland.com/2016/03/m...ish-air-corps/

Comment

Comment

Good article in this month's An Cosantoir about the AC AW139 training mission deployment to Malta. Mention of the AC training mission in a similar way to that of the training provided by the Army and Naval Service to the Maltese, by both Maltese and Irish personnel, so maybe more to come in the future.

Comment

@ the realjack, that's why you see 139s with skis on and they are unable to retract the undercarriage. What happens when you buy a millionaire's runabout...

Comment

Originally posted by GoneToTheCanner View Post
                        @ the realjack, that's why you see 139s with skis on and they are unable to retract the undercarriage. What happens when you buy a millionaire's runabout again!!...
                        There I fixed that for you!!
                        Covid 19 is not over ....it's still very real..Hand Hygiene, Social Distancing and Masks.. keep safe

Comment

Originally posted by hptmurphy View Post
                          There I fixed that for you!!
                          In italics too, Gwad, we are getting posh. :D
                          "We will hold out until our last bullet is spent. Could do with some whiskey"
                          Radio transmission, siege of Jadotville DR Congo. September 1961.
                          Illegitimi non carborundum

Comment

2 Maltese instrs in Cadet School now

Comment

https://www.defence.ie/press/speeche...s-dftc-curragh
                              I note Malta also operates the AW139.
                              For now, everything hangs on implementation of the CoDF report.

Comment

https://www.defence.ie/press/speeche...s-dftc-curragh
                                Doesn't specify whether commissioned instructors or not. Guess their mugshots will be in An Cosantoir in the near future
                                "Well, stone me! We've had cocaine, bribery and Arsenal scoring two goals at home. But just when you thought there were truly no surprises left in football, Vinnie Jones turns out to be an international player!" (Jimmy Greaves)!"

Comment

Working...
                                X