• Show
Clear All

• Marita Ann article

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG-20160319-WA0000.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	156.8 KB
ID:	699692
    "The dolphins were monkeys that didn't like the land, walked back to the water, went back from the sand."

I was having trouble posting images to the board recently so I don't know if anyone can see this. It's an article from The Kerryman on Wednesday where Martin Ferris compares himself to Roger Casement, claims that the Navy tried to kill them & that he saved a sailor from drowning during the boarding.
    "The dolphins were monkeys that didn't like the land, walked back to the water, went back from the sand."

Comment

What a gobshite..........at all levels!

Comment

Fired on with tracers and then live ammo ! Gives you some idea of the caliber of the person writing the article .
        Don't spit in my Bouillabaisse .

Comment

The 'documentary makers' are a pair of local sympathisers, so don't expect a balanced account of what happened.

Comment

Selective memories, fed to a new generation of believers. Might have put manners on the SF/IRA if a few of the crew were shot. Unfortunately, people are believing their shite, even a few who should know better. One of my colleagues, ex DF, has voted for them in local and national elections for the last few years. When I challenged him on this, he said that SF have delivered at local level and are fantastic local workers, much better than the other parties. I said that he had forgotten his colleagues killed by IRA men , who were now in Southern politics.

Comment

Although you have to agree about the comparison with the Roger Casement bit , they both failed to land the weapons and they both got captured .

Comment

Originally posted by Laners View Post
                Although you have to agree about the comparison with the Roger Casement bit.
                You don't have to agree at all. The main difference is that Casement was hung and he shouldn't have been, Ferris wasn't hung and should have been...
                'He died who loved to live,' they'll say,
                'Unselfishly so we might have today!'
                Like hell! He fought because he had to fight;
                He died that's all. It was his unlucky night.
                http://www.salamanderoasis.org/poems...nnis/luck.html

Comment

Originally posted by Laners View Post
                  Although you have to agree about the comparison with the Roger Casement bit , they both failed to land the weapons and they both got captured .
                  Don't tell me he was kiddie fiddling for Ireland as well????????

Comment

No, that was Jorry's brother, not Ferris ;-)

Comment

Originally posted by GoneToTheCanner View Post
                      No, that was Jorry's brother, not Ferris ;-)
                      If their not killing kids they are fiddling with them. Disgusting creatures.

Comment

Navy didn't use UZIs fact one

Of course they fired live rounds at them.. problem was just not enough of them.
                        Last edited by hptmurphy; 19 March 2016, 23:38.
                        Covid 19 is not over ....it's still very real..Hand Hygiene, Social Distancing and Masks.. keep safe

Comment

Originally posted by hptmurphy View Post
                          Navy didn't use UZIs fact one

Of course they fired live rounds at them.. problem was just not enough of them.
                          It must have been a Garda that fell in the water then .

Comment

I just checked with the guy who fired the rounds. Four in total. Three across the bows. One at the bow light. He missed with that one. All were tracer.

Still waiting on clarification who ended up in the water. I didn't thing there were any garda involved in the actual boarding but more later.
                            Covid 19 is not over ....it's still very real..Hand Hygiene, Social Distancing and Masks.. keep safe

Comment

The boarding officer got wet ( RIP), Ferris forgets to mention he had an asthma attack and had to be sorted by the NS.

The two crew on the Marita Ann were 'very subdued'

None of that going to make to film.

Comment

Working...
                              X