Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Brian McGrath View Post
    My son was at RIAT,

He spoke to the pilots, the PC9M's came with one set of drop tanks on one & one with no drop tanks as that's just the way the aircraft happened to be configured before they left Bal.
    Standard drills.

Have cover story in place at all times
    'History is a vast early warning system'. Norman Cousins

Comment

• Originally posted by spider View Post
      Standard drills.

Yeah, I thought that - they normally only fly about once a fortnight, and they are travelling to, and representing the state at, probably the largest airshow in Europe - of course they just 'happened to turn up like that'. It happens to us all, it's Friday night, the bloke from the Indian says it'll take two hours to have it delivered so you just grab whatever car keys are to hand and drive into town to pick it up. Obvious stuff, I should have thought of it before....

Comment

• Originally posted by spider View Post
        Standard drills.

The only time apart from acceptance testing that the UW tanks have been used are to ferry aircraft to Switzerland as it negates a stop in France on the way.

Comment

• Originally posted by ropebag View Post
          Yeah, I thought that - they normally only fly about once a fortnight, and they are travelling to, and representing the state at, probably the largest airshow in Europe - of course they just 'happened to turn up like that'. It happens to us all, it's Friday night, the bloke from the Indian says it'll take two hours to have it delivered so you just grab whatever car keys are to hand and drive into town to pick it up. Obvious stuff, I should have thought of it before....
          You mean you don't have a "chap" to do that?

Comment

• My telling ya their smuggling booze
            Last edited by sofa; 19 July 2018, 20:52.

Comment

• Originally posted by Herald View Post
              You mean you don't have a "chap" to do that?
              Not on Friday nights - I give the poor mite the evening off. He can make up the time by digging my garden over the weekend.

#bestemployer #humanitarian #compassion

Comment

• Some might have already seen it, but here's an article to some Slovenian PC 9s on a live fire JTAC exercise in Macedonia

* https://airforcesmonthly.keypublishi...jtac-exercise/

The Slovene's flew in with a laser ranger pod on each aircraft. And just for completeness, EIS in Germany, who provide services to German, US and Nato, have the PC9 outfitted with an EO and laser designation pod (MX-15 I seem to remember reading somewhere)

* https://www.jetphotos.com/photo/9101246

Options for Christmas

Comment

• Following on from the comment below from DeV on the Army > Impact of DF or DOD Policies thread

Originally posted by DeV View Post
                  AC FTS had observers at an ex in Slovenia according to their tweets

the Air Corps observers were taking part in Exercise Adriatic Strike 19 in Slovenia

* http://en.aviation-report.com/exerci...c-strike-2019/

Well done all, hope it was a good learning experience & hopefully more of in the future.

Comment

• Nice spectacle at Bray air display.

Attached Files

Comment

• Great to see so many aircraft servicable and flying this weekend.
                      For now, everything hangs on implementation of the CoDF report.

Comment

• And while all that was going on Air Corps 112 was into Galway Hospital from Knock and carried out other transfers, proud of our Defence Forces well done all

Comment

• "Sunday's opener at Bray Air Display was Emerald, a formation flight with Irish Air Corps' Team Silver and an Aer Lingus A320."

Comment

• Cool video above

Just briefly back to Adriatic Strike 2019, AFM August 2019 mentions Ireland as a observer too. Short article on it this year, think there was a more in depth article on last years exercise in said magazine last year.

Comment

• Twitter mention by the OC Air Corps College of a possible change of paint scheme to similar to the PC12 in the future, nice! Would make a nice addition to the updates planned for the PC9 (TCAS and EGPWS noted in the DF Capability Development Plan).

* https://twitter.com/OC_ACCollege/sta...92152270770177

Comment

• It would be nice if all our fixed wing were the same colour(s). No reason why they couldn't be.
                                Someone (who isn't colourblind) should use their photoshop skilz to show us what that would look like.
                                Keep the roundel though (in some format).

We managed to get all our helis one colour.
                                Last edited by na grohmiti; 14 January 2021, 16:13.
                                For now, everything hangs on implementation of the CoDF report.

Comment

Working...
                                X