Thanks Thanks:  71
Likes Likes:  129
Dislikes Dislikes:  3
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Pilatus PC-9M

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by danno View Post
    As things stand ,in AC hands, it is well able to shred stationary passive targets in benign conditions.
    They are just another example of tokenism in the DF. Just like never deployed obsolete light tanks and current NS weapons fit out. You better not be engaging anything that can shoot back.

2. Likes apc, EUFighter liked this post
    Corporal
    Post Thanks / Like
    Was having a look on the Web, but couldn't find any updates on the build state or delivery schedule of the new PC-9. Any takers? Thanks for the update.

P.S. I asked this question ages ago, but when the PC-9 was introduced, there was mention in an An Cosantoir of hiring a target towing Learjet for air to air practice. I'm aware it's a PC-9, together with it's limitations, but did this ever get any further? Or might it go further in future?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by meridian View Post
    I asked this question ages ago, but when the PC-9 was introduced, there was mention in an An Cosantoir of hiring a target towing Learjet for air to air practice. I'm aware it's a PC-9, together with it's limitations, but did this ever get any further? Or might it go further in future?
    With 1ADR no longer using the Bofors, is there any need for a target-towing capability for ground-to-air practice? For air-to-air, the purchase of a target-towing pod slung on a PC9 would seem to be the more realistic and cheaper alternative? But the Donners clearly prefer to do the bare minimum with an airframe for it's life in service and not give any worthwhile time to it's military potential. If they even had a scintilla of credibility they'd have floated the idea of a mid-life upgrade to add an air-to-air missile capability. Give these people Grippens and they'd be using them for top cover for SAR

5. Likes EUFighter, ropebag, Spark23 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Was having a look on the Web, but couldn't find any updates on the build state or delivery schedule of the new PC-9. Any takers? Thanks for the update.

P.S. I asked this question ages ago, but when the PC-9 was introduced, there was mention in an An Cosantoir of hiring a target towing Learjet for air to air practice. I'm aware it's a PC-9, together with it's limitations, but did this ever get any further? Or might it go further in future?
    https://flyinginireland.com/2016/11/...ase-confirmed/

This year

7. Thanks danno, meridian thanked for this post
    Corporal
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for linking to that article DeV, I'd seen it before. However, I was wondering if month had been set for it to arrive in country or what it's current production state is?

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for linking to that article DeV, I'd seen it before. However, I was wondering if month had been set for it to arrive in country or what it's current production state is?
    An article from last November. The author who has sadly since passed away, did say previously that the new aircraft would be an ex Mexican AF aircraft which was subsequently confirmed not to be the case. The only reliable source for your answer is the Dept but it is not unreasonable to expect delivery some time this year.

Brigadier General
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jetjock View Post
    An article from last November. The author who has sadly since passed away, did say previously that the new aircraft would be an ex Mexican AF aircraft which was subsequently confirmed not to be the case. The only reliable source for your answer is the Dept but it is not unreasonable to expect delivery some time this year.
    My understanding is
    The Swiss embargoed Aircraft being build for Mexico at there factory, because Mexico used Swiss supplied aircraft in a attack on someone.
    We are getting a aircraft off the assemble line.??

Corporal
    Post Thanks / Like
    From a short video of the fuselage getting rolled out in Switzerland taken from boards.ie

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showt...p?t=2057721952

Thanks to GVHOT on boards.ie. So it's a new airframe off the assembly line then, nice new car smell lol. Safe flying when she gets into the air.

12. Thanks DeV, Orion, sofa, Turkey, morpheus thanked for this post
    Likes ibenji, morpheus liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    and will be used in EVERY dail question time, as a "F*** OFF", answer , showing the governments "committment" (". to the AC and the DF from now until kingdom come.... instead of it being seen as a much delayed attrition replacement following the loss of 265 :(
    "He is an enemy officer taken in battle and entitled to fair treatment."
    "No, sir. He's a sergeant, and they don't deserve no respect at all, sir. I should know. They're cunning and artful, if they're any good. I wouldn't mind if he was an officer, sir. But sergeants are clever."

14. Thanks Spark23 thanked for this post
    Likes Rhodes liked this post
    BQMS
    Post Thanks / Like
    Moneyball for COIN combat air support

https://warontherocks.com/2017/04/pl...tack-aircraft/

16. Thanks Tempest thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Borrowed from the Pilatus Spotters web site.Attachment 8436

18. Thanks meridian, ias thanked for this post
    Likes meridian liked this post
    Corporal
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for posting Claudel. Unfortunately I can't view this image, for anyone in the same boat, I think this is the one you're linking to

* http://www.spotting-pilatus-aircraft...l#&gid=1&pid=1

20. Thanks ias thanked for this post
    Likes morpheus liked this post

Thread Information