Where to buy boots in London?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where to buy boots in London?

I'm heading over to London in July. I've been on the hunt for a pair of boots as the Lowas are unfortunately past their sell by date after years of good service. Any UK based types recommend somewhere in London (preferably easily commutable city area) that have a good selection?

I'm an awkward size some 10's are perfect some 11's are perfect some 10.5's are too tight! So really need to try them on, hence the reluctance to buy online. And the selection in Ireland is terrible.
    "Many a time a man's mouth broke his nose"

"Don't waste money buying expensive binoculars. Simply stand next to the object you wish to view."

Originally posted by Duffman View Post
    I'm heading over to London in July. I've been on the hunt for a pair of boots as the Lowas are unfortunately past their sell by date after years of good service. Any UK based types recommend somewhere in London (preferably easily commutable city area) that have a good selection?

I'm an awkward size some 10's are perfect some 11's are perfect some 10.5's are too tight! So really need to try them on, hence the reluctance to buy online. And the selection in Ireland is terrible.
    The obvious one which leaps to mind is Silvermans. Although they can be quite expensive...
    "Well, stone me! We've had cocaine, bribery and Arsenal scoring two goals at home. But just when you thought there were truly no surprises left in football, Vinnie Jones turns out to be an international player!" (Jimmy Greaves)!"

Comment

Try them on somewhere & buy online afterwards!
      Everyone who's ever loved you was wrong.

Comment

Try them on somewhere & buy online afterwards!
        Not really fair to the shop is it ?
        "Are they trying to shoot down the other drone? "

"No, they're trying to fly the tank"

Comment

Originally posted by trellheim View Post
          Not really fair to the shop is it ?
          Sometimes the prices shops charge aren't really fair to the customer, back in the day I tried on Meindls in great outdoors then bought them from a PDF orienteering obsessed Cmdt who might actually have been their distributor for €100 ish less than the shop price!
          Everyone who's ever loved you was wrong.

Comment

The climbers shop in Stony Stratford would be an option for a train trip - well outside London, but I'm afraid my knowledge of that London is limited in the extreme.

Thank ****.

That do a decent selection of meindls, but I suppose it depends on what you're after. I might be tempted to ask on Arse - London's of London folk on there, and I suppose they must get their gear somewhere...

Comment

Working...
            X