Faded Uniforms.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Faded Uniforms.

Does it bother anybody else to see new issue barrack jackets for example being worn with faded combats that are completely different shades of DPM?

Faded uniforms through normal laundering doesn't entitle you to a FWT replacement.

Comment

Originally posted by Ryan7.62 View Post
      Does it bother anybody else to see new issue barrack jackets for example being worn with faded combats that are completely different shades of DPM?
      Yes but if you bring it up with the person in question they usually tell you how much service the faded piece of clothing has had

Which doesn't solve anything
      To close with and kill the enemy in all weather conditions, night and day and over any terrain

Comment

There is also the impact of different materials which fade at different rates

Comment

I remember newbees washing their uniforms in bleach to give them that "Old Sweat" look...
          'He died who loved to live,' they'll say,
          'Unselfishly so we might have today!'
          Like hell! He fought because he had to fight;
          He died that's all. It was his unlucky night.
          http://www.salamanderoasis.org/poems...nnis/luck.html

Comment

Different year dpms vary in shade new out of the packet, the newer shirts turn a kinda grey colour when worn, barrack jackets are going to be darker since they're not washed all that often.
            Everyone who's ever loved you was wrong.

Comment

The new ones with zips on the pockets fade after two washes and I do not use conditioner .. My uniforms are washed separately and they still faded within 3 weeks.

Comment

Doesn't bother me at alliance it's clean and ironed because it's a work uniform if they want us to appear smart and proper we have sd no1's, but what really grinds my gears is having two uniform types; ground type and a barrack type.

The older shirts are made obsolete with the new ubac and pretty much barrack wear now
                The barrack jacket is Gucci but it's not as warm as the smock and the Zips are shite

They need to come up with a soldier 2016 with ubac type sleeves on the shirt and smock and go back to the older dry flows!!

Comment

Suggest that on IKON! I will back you up.
                  "Let us be clear about three facts. First, all battles and all wars are won in the end by the infantryman. Secondly, the infantryman always bears the brunt. His casualties are heavier, he suffers greater extremes of discomfort and fatigue than the other arms. Thirdly, the art of the infantryman is less stereotyped and far harder to acquire in modern war than that of any other arm." ------- Field Marshall Wavell, April 1945.

Comment

Originally posted by apod View Post
                    Suggest that on IKON! I will back you up.
                    I will.. I see there is another thread developing on a similar issue that you've posted on.

Comment

Which one?
                      IKON is a blade walking exercise.You have to be real careful what you say but it does seem that senior headshed lurk there and take notice.Prime example being the 1916 medal thread.
                      As for faded uniforms a few simple ways to mitigate.Wash shirts and trousers as a set.Number them to aid doing this.ONLY wash them inside out using non bio powder or liquid and unless they are minging wash at 30 degrees.People wash them at higher temperatures and on the wrong setting an they fade out in no time.The care labels need some work as they state 50 degrees.I only ever did that once with DPM's. When they first went on issue.They came out almost white.Never again.Recruits will do exactly as it says on the tin unless told otherwise but if that's whats on the tag unless you know your stuff you are on to a loser.
                      RDF folks using them for training nights don't need to wash them after a single use either unless they have been rolling around on the ground or dripping in sweat.T-shirts being a different matter.
                      "Let us be clear about three facts. First, all battles and all wars are won in the end by the infantryman. Secondly, the infantryman always bears the brunt. His casualties are heavier, he suffers greater extremes of discomfort and fatigue than the other arms. Thirdly, the art of the infantryman is less stereotyped and far harder to acquire in modern war than that of any other arm." ------- Field Marshall Wavell, April 1945.

Comment

Originally posted by Ryan7.62 View Post
                        No. Uniforms have to be washed, which in turn means they'll fade, such is life.

Seriously, there's far bigger issues in the organisation to be dealt with before worrying about Fifty Shades Of DPM.

Comment

Originally posted by Fridge Magnet View Post
                          No. Uniforms have to be washed, which in turn means they'll fade, such is life.

Seriously, there's far bigger issues in the organisation to be dealt with before worrying about Fifty Shades Of DPM.

When the NS change to DPM pattern in 2018 they are keeping the black barrack jacket apparently.

No fading problem there!!.

Maybe the Army barrack jacket should be green instead of DPM, problem solved!

Comment

please tell me the NS is just going to issue the standard dpm and not go mental like so many other navies and start issuing a "navy colours" patterns of the dpms?

this kind of rubbish

Last edited by X-RayOne; 19 June 2016, 00:23.
                            An army is power. Its entire purpose is to coerce others. This power can not be used carelessly or recklessly. This power can do great harm. We have seen more suffering than any man should ever see, and if there is going to be an end to it, it must be an end that justifies the cost. Joshua Lawrence Chamberlain

Comment

Originally posted by A/TEL View Post
                              When the NS change to DPM pattern in 2018 they are keeping the black barrack jacket apparently.

No fading problem there!!.

Maybe the Army barrack jacket should be green instead of DPM, problem solved!
                              That would also stop senior officers looking like twats walking around in the number one's pants & shirt with the barracks jacket when previously the woolly jumpers were worn.

Originally posted by X-RayOne View Post
                              please tell me the NS is just going to issue the standard dpm and not go mental like so many other navies and start issuing a "navy colours" patterns of the dpms?

this kind of rubbish
                              It's possible, there's a thread about the idea here...
                              Everyone who's ever loved you was wrong.

Comment

Working...
                              X