Thanks Thanks:  54
Likes Likes:  132
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678
    Post Thanks / Like
    I can guarantee that no RDF staff officer did this without prior instruction. Good to see that plausible deniability is live and well.

Sergeant Major
    Post Thanks / Like
    Or that something other than group think is trying to come up with solutions to crisis problems, yet does not go unpunished!

3. Likes DeV, Truck Driver liked this post
    Lord Chief Bottlewasher trellheim's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    It was some clown in the RDF or NSR that started that on his own, wasn't authorised by or come from the Naval Service
    No AR/NSR Officer would have done this ; as B20 said its nice to see people playing the blame game.
    "Are they trying to shoot down the other drone? "

"No, they're trying to fly the tank"

2/Lt
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by trellheim View Post
    No AR/NSR Officer would have done this ; as B20 said its nice to see people playing the blame game.
    I suppose all of this is a kite flying, but paltry exercise. Recruiting must be initiated in a positive fashion and try to eliminate stopgap actions. However NSR callups should be part of all NSR enlistments with a view to skilling reservists for relevant shipboard tasks. In recruiting from all sources , going forward, we must take into account that shipboard systems are requiring higher levels of comprehension to get optimum use of systems available. Through the NMCI we might need a SME module to hone skills in using modern Electronic, weapon, Navigation, Surveillance, and othe shipboard IT systems.
    In Defensive systems ships need input from automatic sensors to detect, track, and engage. The whole needs skilled experienced crew which in turn needs retention of crews, otherwise we will get the P31 syndrome of bin the tough bits.

Post Thanks / Like
    Only ever heard of people transferring from NS to army
    Does happen but usually in non seagoing appointments. Former editor of an Cosantoir transferred from Army to NS, I was on duty with him as his first experience as a Naval Service guard commander....
    Time for another break I think......

Post Thanks / Like
    I can guarantee that no RDF staff officer did this without prior instruction. Good to see that plausible deniability is live and well.
    No AR/NSR Officer would have done this ;
    Sounds a bit like Oliver North....so which version is correct....no one did it...or no one did it without prior instruction?
    Time for another break I think......

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by hptmurphy View Post
    Sounds a bit like Oliver North....so which version is correct....no one did it...or no one did it without prior instruction?
    Or someone did it with prior instruction and wires were crossed

Post Thanks / Like
    Or the questions really was "Are any Naval Service Reservists were interested in joining the Permanent Defence Force in the future.........through the normal recruiting process?" and after it went through the ballhop machine it became "We want to transfer reservists to the PDF, do you want to do it?"

10. Thanks DeV thanked for this post
    Likes DeV, Truck Driver, Shaqra liked this post
    Brigadier General
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by trellheim View Post
    Well, they did and it has now been officially confirmed publicly, whether you like the fact or not.

Post Thanks / Like
    Nothing in the public statement did it say that the RDF Officer did it off his/he own bat. By the way neither did it say that the RDF officer asked for anything more than information on who many NSR people were interested in joining the PDF in the near future.

From those of us with experience with dealing with DFHQ/DOD/Govt Ministers, this is the most likely scenario.
    Said RDF officer was tasked with conducting a discrete inquiry into who many NSR would be likely to apply for the PDF in the coming year.
    This discrete inquiry was interpreted by some as NSR are going to be called up directly into the NS.
    This was then publically condemned by national press, representative associations, opposition TDs.
    A roll back of the original plan (which was probably nothing more than if they identified that 30 NSR were interested in the joining the PDF they could be targeted and fast tracked through the selection process but still go through the standard recruit training).
    Standard denial issued.

Said RDF officer takes one for the team.

13. Thanks DeV, hptmurphy thanked for this post
    Likes DeV, morpheus, trellheim liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    And the AdminO for the RDF Reorg did say that members of the RDF will be encouraged to join the PDF

Lord Chief Bottlewasher trellheim's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Well, they did and it has now been officially confirmed publicly, whether you like the fact or not.
    Sorry I see the PQ answer now. I refuse to believe anyone did this off their own bat. If I'm wrong Ill own up.

And for avoidance of doubt I dont know anything about this.
    Last edited by trellheim; 2nd November 2018 at 12:54.
    "Are they trying to shoot down the other drone? "

"No, they're trying to fly the tank"

Thread Information