Tactical Gloves

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tactical Gloves

Where is the best place to get a pair of tactical gloves and what would be a good brand/type?

What exactly you looking for? There's loads on the market
    To close with and kill the enemy in all weather conditions, night and day and over any terrain

Comment

Prepare yourself for the neverending tale. The next pair of gloves are the best pair of gloves.
      It is only by contemplation of the incompetent that we can appreciate the difficulties and accomplishments of the competent.

Comment

It really depends on the "tactical" situation you want to deal with. I have a lovely pair of leather padded gloves that are perfect for FIBUA but would not take any space in my kit for a yomp over the hills for that I prefer my sealskins.

Comment

There's not one pair of gloves that cover all situations. I'm trying to recall what I had when I was in. There was pros and cons to all and depended on the situation.

I definitely had a pair of Oakleys for FIBUA/Tactics stuff, clambering through windows with rusty nails sticking out. Not good for keeping your hands warm or dry though.

A waterproof pair of sealskins for when you knew you'd be getting wet. Not good for keeping your hands warm though.

And a warm pair that while they were able to keep dry for the most part weren't great at dexterity and using your rifle.

Think I also had an old pair of fingerless leather ones for when the mood took me.

It's a delicate balance between warm/dry, protection and dexterity. You're unlikely to find a pair of gloves to cover all three.
          To close with and kill the enemy in all weather conditions, night and day and over any terrain

Comment

Sounds like I need to get about 4 pairs so!

Really, I'm looking for a pair that would suit FIBUA/tactics alright.

Comment

Mechanix or even a good pair of non luminous work gloves that you can get in builders providers..shipping for just a pair of gloves from the UK won't be cheap.
              Everyone who's ever loved you was wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by Col View Post
                Sounds like I need to get about 4 pairs so!

Really, I'm looking for a pair that would suit FIBUA/tactics alright.
                Oakley's, while expensive are pretty good. I had a pair of the SI Assault gloves. But I think they've come out with some new ones recently that provide more dexterity.

Comment

British army Soldier 95 gloves. Goretex lining,soft supple and hard wearing. 20 years in, on my third pair.Swear by them.
                  "Let us be clear about three facts. First, all battles and all wars are won in the end by the infantryman. Secondly, the infantryman always bears the brunt. His casualties are heavier, he suffers greater extremes of discomfort and fatigue than the other arms. Thirdly, the art of the infantryman is less stereotyped and far harder to acquire in modern war than that of any other arm." ------- Field Marshall Wavell, April 1945.

Comment

Originally posted by apod View Post
                    British army Soldier 95 gloves. Goretex lining,soft supple and hard wearing. 20 years in, on my third pair.Swear by them.
                    Yep. Fantastic gloves
                    "Well, stone me! We've had cocaine, bribery and Arsenal scoring two goals at home. But just when you thought there were truly no surprises left in football, Vinnie Jones turns out to be an international player!" (Jimmy Greaves)!"

Comment

Working...
                    X