Sgt Joe Kelly

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sgt Joe Kelly

Sgt Joe Kelly. A native of the Curragh Camp, ex Sgt (PDF) Corps of Engineers in the DFTC, ex Sgt with No 5 Bty, 6 FAR (FCÁ), also in the DFTC. He most recently worked in the RDFRA National Office in a support staff role.

Joe died earlier today after a short illness. I have had the pleasure of knowing Joe and working with Joe over the last 6 years and he was an absolute gentleman. Thankfully his family and friends were able to enjoy a drink and a story with him last Friday at his "wake", which he attended himself. Joe never missed a good party.

Ar dheis Dé go raibh a anam dílis.

RIP
    "Are they trying to shoot down the other drone? "

"No, they're trying to fly the tank"

Comment

RIP Joe.

We will miss you. I hope I can face death with your courage and humour whenever its my turn.

Comment

RIP Joe. First time I met him in the RDFRA office it was along the lines of "what the feck do you want?", followed by a wink and "do you want a cup of tea?"

Heart of gold for all matters reserve. My sympathies to his family, especially the serving son who I had occasion to work with a few years ago (another good guy)

Ar dheis Dé a raibh a anam....
        "Well, stone me! We've had cocaine, bribery and Arsenal scoring two goals at home. But just when you thought there were truly no surprises left in football, Vinnie Jones turns out to be an international player!" (Jimmy Greaves)!"

Comment

RIP
          ar dheis dé go raibh a anam
          "He is an enemy officer taken in battle and entitled to fair treatment."
          "No, sir. He's a sergeant, and they don't deserve no respect at all, sir. I should know. They're cunning and artful, if they're any good. I wouldn't mind if he was an officer, sir. But sergeants are clever."

Comment

RIP

Comment

Rest in Peace
              I went into an Italian restaurant and ordered dessert and they gave me tiramisu and a blindfolded horse and I said No, I said mask a pony (mascarpone)

Comment

RIP
                Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold;
                Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world,
                The blood-dimmed tide is loosed, and everywhere***
                The ceremony of innocence is drowned;
                The best lack all conviction, while the worst
                Are full of passionate intensity.

Comment

R.I.P.
                  Bohs till I die

Comment