MOWAG replacement

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Banner View Post
    ya I was wondering about that too. The secretaries replies seem to suggest the answer is less than the original 80 but he wasnt pressed on the matter. IM also curious to know if explosive reactive armor will be included as part of the upgrade package and if any further vehicles will be upgraded to MRV standard. interesting and positive development nonetheless.

"What we are doing is up-armouring them, improving the protections against explosive ordinands, changing the weapon station and improving the manoeuvrability of them."

Also of note is

"There is a whole range of vehicles that we are procuring in the period ahead. " (he then went to on to specifically address the issue of the mowags and again no one pressed for details on this point. Although it could easily be armoured logistics vehicles.
    Very few APCs anywhere with ERA

Originally posted by na grohmití View Post
    If the turret did not interfere with troop seats, why would its deletion remove seats? The Mowags that came with RWS have the same number of seats as those with the one man turret.
    Info I was given (could be incorrect) is the CRV has 1 less seat than the Infantry car

Comment

• Originally posted by na grohmití View Post
      Because they will definitely be replaced with.......
      What ever is around in 2035.

Comment

• Reading that oireachtas transcript was painful to say the least , shared written questions and written answers in advance would have caught 99% of it , not sure they know what the value of a committee is
        "Are they trying to shoot down the other drone? "

"No, they're trying to fly the tank"

Comment

• Originally posted by paul g View Post
          Oireachtas.ie has it, apologies, I've two nine month old children on my hands and too busy to search for it.
          I feel your pain...
          "Well, stone me! We've had cocaine, bribery and Arsenal scoring two goals at home. But just when you thought there were truly no surprises left in football, Vinnie Jones turns out to be an international player!" (Jimmy Greaves)!"

Comment

• Originally posted by terrier View Post
            Hush !
            Everybody knows Terrier......

Comment

• Upgrading the rest of our fleet to LAV-6 standards:

Federal government invests $404-million for LAV III upgrades at General Dynamics
              "On the plains of hesitation, bleach the bones of countless millions, who on the very dawn of victory, laid down to rest, and in resting died.

Never give up!!"

Comment

• So if the APCs are getting RWS, will there be any practical difference between the APC and the CRV except the shape of the headgear of the blokes driving it?
                Driver, tracks, troops.... Drive and adjust!!

Comment

• So if the APCs are getting RWS, will there be any practical difference between the APC and the CRV except the shape of the headgear of the blokes driving it?
                  and this is how you say hello after all that time ?
                  "Are they trying to shoot down the other drone? "

"No, they're trying to fly the tank"

Comment

• Originally posted by California Tanker View Post
                    So if the APCs are getting RWS, will there be any practical difference between the APC and the CRV except the shape of the headgear of the blokes driving it?
                    The attitude

Comment

• Yeah seriously
                      "Let us be clear about three facts. First, all battles and all wars are won in the end by the infantryman. Secondly, the infantryman always bears the brunt. His casualties are heavier, he suffers greater extremes of discomfort and fatigue than the other arms. Thirdly, the art of the infantryman is less stereotyped and far harder to acquire in modern war than that of any other arm." ------- Field Marshall Wavell, April 1945.

Comment

• Originally posted by California Tanker View Post
                        So if the APCs are getting RWS, will there be any practical difference between the APC and the CRV except the shape of the headgear of the blokes driving it?
                        Infantry APCs are driven my people wearing Armoured crew helmets.
                        Cavalry CRVs are driven by people wearing the exact same type of helmet.

You have been away too long.
                        For now, everything hangs on implementation of the CoDF report.

Comment

Cavalry CRVs are driven by people wearing the exact same type of helmet but wearing red corduroy trousers.

Sorry, couldn't resist it :D
                          'He died who loved to live,' they'll say,
                          'Unselfishly so we might have today!'
                          Like hell! He fought because he had to fight;
                          He died that's all. It was his unlucky night.
                          http://www.salamanderoasis.org/poems...nnis/luck.html

Comment

Cavalry CRVs are driven by people wearing the exact same type of helmet.

I think he was talking about their glengarrys

Comment

• The Second Cavalry Regiment, one of only two brigade combat teams permanently stations in Europe, is receiving Strykers with increased lethality. While the upgrade has attracted criticism, Capt. Andrew Gregory argues that it is a necessary step given the conditions of today's operating environment.

Comment

• €50m being spent on the APC refurbishment

Comment

Working...
                                X