Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by morpheus View Post
    RDFRA should fight for recognition of reservists as employees
    They did. They got a positive ruling with a rights commissioner but the department got it overturned at the next stage.

Comment

Originally posted by Bravo20 View Post
      They did. They got a positive ruling with a rights commissioner but the department got it overturned at the next stage.
      I'd appreciate a link, if you have one. What is the European situation? Seems like the appropriate venue these days to bypass this kind of nonsense.

Comment

The case was brought by an individual (with RDFRA support) under the Payment of Wages Acts. The Rights Commissioner found that the relationship between DoD and a RDF member is not one of a contract of employment and therefore she had no jurisdiction to hear the case. That was in 2013.
        Last edited by DeV; 13 February 2018, 19:51.

Comment

Originally posted by DeV View Post
          The case was brought by an individual (with RDFRA support) under the Payment of Wages Acts. The Rights Commissioner found that the relationship between DoD and a RDF member is not one of a contract of employment and therefore she had no jurisdiction to hear the case. That was in 2013.
          IANAL, but how on earth can that position be argued given that the exact opposite was used as the basis for the recruitment and promotions ban? (Not to mention the Croke Park etc. cutbacks in pay)

Comment

Originally posted by DaithiDub View Post
            IANAL, but how on earth can that position be argued given that the exact opposite was used as the basis for the recruitment and promotions ban? (Not to mention the Croke Park etc. cutbacks in pay)
            And we receive payslips and p60s etc etc

We are volunteers and pick what we attend in the same way as I volunteered to apply for my job and go to work this morning

Comment

Originally posted by DeV View Post
              And we receive payslips and p60s etc etc

We are volunteers and pick what we attend in the same way as I volunteered to apply for my job and go to work this morning
              RDFRA should look for back money for those wrongfully denied promotion under austerity, see what shakes out.

Comment

There is no difference in pay between a 2/Lt and Lt and the difference between Lt and Capt is 21 euro a week (in the RDF that is). So looking for back pay won't amount to much

Comment

Originally posted by Bravo20 View Post
                  There is no difference in pay between a 2/Lt and Lt and the difference between Lt and Capt is 21 euro a week (in the RDF that is). So looking for back pay won't amount to much
                  Oh, it wouldn't be about the money. What we want to do is pressurise the DoD to choose between their two mutually-incompatible positions. Otherwise there's no guarantee that this won't just keep happening.

Comment

Folks this is off topic. RDFRA has its own thread, please keep Reserve discussions out of it.
                    "Are they trying to shoot down the other drone? "

"No, they're trying to fly the tank"

Comment

Review of PDF C&A scheme

Comment

oh dear that report hurts my eyes. Who the hell puts Conclusions on Page 53 with no summary at the top, that reports gonna wither on the vine , also you'd be hard pressed to tell what the conclusions actually are !
                        "Are they trying to shoot down the other drone? "

"No, they're trying to fly the tank"

Comment

Working...
                        X