Interesting.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by gibedepusib0ss View Post
    Is that wise? Sure ANGLICO couldn't even call in fire last time I manned a net at Cape Wrath and they are (supposedly) trained in our Fire Discipline.
    I get the impression that that was one of the drivers. There was something of a collective failure of humour over that and related issues...

The Swedes have sent some Gripen to JW, one of the reasons for the invitation was that they were keen to do a joint drop for the NBG.

Comment

Originally posted by danno View Post
      Could they have gone as short term civvy connies to manage the CIS systems?
      Maybe but their could be job implications for them maybe and it would cost a lot more

Comment

Originally posted by apod View Post
        Did ye read the article fellas?It clearly states we ARE in it!!
        Obviously I'm out of date - I know that the invitation and most general of discussions took place about a year ago, but that all went quiet and there had been no reply as of about 3 months ago.

It pleases me more than you know to find out that Ireland is participating...

Comment

the Irish have been doing it for decades.

this was me and my team exactly 26 years ago today:

RGJ

...Once a Rifleman - Always a Rifleman... Celer et Audax

The Rifles

Comment

Is that wise? Sure ANGLICO couldn't even call in fire last time I manned a net at Cape Wrath and they are (supposedly) trained in our Fire Discipline.
            What's ANGLICO ?

Comment

Originally posted by sofa View Post
              What's ANGLICO ?

It's a USMC formation - broadly analogous with 148 By RA (but obviously not as good, in fact some of their people have problems with shoelaces and are a 'kin menace to all around them...) - they provide fire support teams to allied formations and do all the forward air control, naval gunfire support and Artillery observation.

Or not....
              Last edited by ropebag; 12 October 2016, 19:47.

Comment

I am working around the corner from their barracks in london, and all day today there have been Chinooks landing and taking off from there.
                It was the year of fire...the year of destruction...the year we took back what was ours.
                It was the year of rebirth...the year of great sadness...the year of pain...and the year of joy.
                It was a new age...It was the end of history.
                It was the year everything changed.

Comment

Originally posted by CTU View Post
                  I am working around the corner from their barracks in london, and all day today there have been Chinooks landing and taking off from there.
                  They've probably got a do on at the Mess...

If anyone gets the opportunity for a junket - I mean if anyone is chosen to undertake the vital and serious work of furthering Ireland's interests by defence engagement with the HAC - do try and take advantage of their hospitality, they really are very good.

Having a private, unit income that is well in excess of the MOD funding they get helps somewhat in that regard!

Comment

Originally posted by CTU View Post
                    I've heard them all day, think they've been sending all the fat top brass out to Ex Joint Caterer. Ropebag looks like a buddha now, the cad.

Comment

I've heard them all day, think they've been sending all the fat top brass out to Ex Joint Caterer. Ropebag looks like a buddha now, the cad.
                      You're just jealous of my titties.

E2A: I've got mong hands, disliked in error - surely someone can sort that out?
                      Last edited by ropebag; 12 October 2016, 21:16.

Comment

Disliked in error my ass. Next time you're in Kitchiner gimme a bell, you owe me a glass of wine for such a faux pas.

Sorry, back on topic. ANGLICO are charlatans. Sure, there may be some diamonds but having been on the net to them in UK and America, they weren't great. Keep in mind, I was shite too.
                        Last edited by gibedepusib0ss; 12 October 2016, 21:21.

Comment

That's generous, I was steeling myself for the purchase of a good bottle of whisky...

Comment

Did I mention it was a 1990 bordeaux? Was a port year at that... If I can get tickets for Trafalgar you owe me!

Comment

I owe most people...

Comment

Originally posted by sofa View Post
                                What's ANGLICO ?
                                Air Naval Gunfire Liaison Company . I was confused by the responses given, https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Air_Na...iaison_Company
                                Last edited by apc; 13 October 2016, 09:36. Reason: drink

Comment

Working...
                                X