Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Which Barracks Should Close Next? (Part 2)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So I take it then, that you are advocating the closing of one bks to save on a Bk guard?

Comment

• Originally posted by jack08 View Post
      So I take it then, that you are advocating the closing of one bks to save on a Bk guard?
      That guard is coming at times from as far as Donegal

Comment

• Oh the efficiency of the reorg. Wasn’t that how it was sold. It would make the DF more efficient.
        Last edited by jack08; 11 March 2018, 21:39.

Comment

Oh the efficiency of the reorg. Wasn’t that how it was sold. It would make the DF more efficient.
          It was matching the strength of the DF at the time to an establishment

Comment

• Rubbish.

Comment

Rubbish.
              The ECF figures were very similar to the last PDF reorg establishment

Comment

• Originally posted by DeV View Post
                The ECF figures were very similar to the last PDF reorg establishment
                The ECF figures were done first

Comment

• Originally posted by Fantasia View Post
                  The ECF figures were done first
                  Yes and the strength wasn’t a million miles away from the ECF figures that were arrived at (or was it CRE?)

Which wasn’t far off the reorg establishment

Comment

So I take it then, that you are advocating the closing of one bks to save on a Bk guard?
                    Am I posting in Swahili or something or are you deliberately missing the point??

(I am gonna use bold text to reiterate my point as you seem to be missing it entirely.)

WE DON'T NEED TWO F***IN BARRACKS IN DUBLIN!!!!

HAVING TWO BARRACKS BUT ONLY ENOUGH STAFF TO OPERATE ONE PROPERLY IS A DRAIN ON RESOURCES AND IS KILLING THE OPERATIONAL EFFECTIVENESS OF THE UNITS OUTSIDE OF DUBLIN WHO HAVE TO DETACH TROOPS THERE IN ORDER TO MAINTAIN A FANTASY.

Now. is that clear enough for you or do I need to write it in braille next??
                    "Let us be clear about three facts. First, all battles and all wars are won in the end by the infantryman. Secondly, the infantryman always bears the brunt. His casualties are heavier, he suffers greater extremes of discomfort and fatigue than the other arms. Thirdly, the art of the infantryman is less stereotyped and far harder to acquire in modern war than that of any other arm." ------- Field Marshall Wavell, April 1945.

Comment

• A Reorg of the DF, with NO military input.

Comment

A Reorg of the DF, with NO military input.
                        The decision to reorg was political. It was announced in the Dail by Shatter without consultation of the DF. The implementation of the reorg was done by the DF, their sole constrains were 9500 pers and 2 Bdes.

Originally there were hopes of 2 Bdes and Dublin based task force but that was rejected by the DOD

Comment

• I didn’t know that one bk guard was such a drain

Comment

• While I agree with you about reorg being political, Shatter didn't come up with it on his own!!

Comment

• To correct myself the post reorg establishment was 500 personnel less than than the ECF

Comment

• i believe that, when we cut, we just get cut.
                                Something in that as history has shown.

HAVING TWO BARRACKS BUT ONLY ENOUGH STAFF TO OPERATE ONE PROPERLY IS A DRAIN ON RESOURCES AND IS KILLING THE OPERATIONAL EFFECTIVENESS OF THE UNITS OUTSIDE OF DUBLIN WHO HAVE TO DETACH TROOPS THERE IN ORDER TO MAINTAIN A FANTASY

Absolute lunacy, but again its all about maintaining fifedoms. If there are two units in two locations that aren't self sufficient....make it one and stick them both under the same roof.... simple maths!

Its has happened before.......
                                Covid 19 is not over ....it's still very real..Hand Hygiene, Social Distancing and Masks.. keep safe

Comment

Working...
                                X