Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Apod you were going to come back to me on ordering oversize clothing at some point
    "Are they trying to shoot down the other drone? "

"No, they're trying to fly the tank"

Comment

• Just come to mind, speaking of clothes sizes, I was looking at chinos in M&S a few days ago - they had a pair on the rail, waist 42, inside leg 30, style “Slim fitting”...

Carry on
      'He died who loved to live,' they'll say,
      'Unselfishly so we might have today!'
      Like hell! He fought because he had to fight;
      He died that's all. It was his unlucky night.
      http://www.salamanderoasis.org/poems...nnis/luck.html

Comment

• Originally posted by trellheim View Post
        Apod you were going to come back to me on ordering oversize clothing at some point
        My bad.Been up the walls.Completely forgot.
        Watch this space.
        "Let us be clear about three facts. First, all battles and all wars are won in the end by the infantryman. Secondly, the infantryman always bears the brunt. His casualties are heavier, he suffers greater extremes of discomfort and fatigue than the other arms. Thirdly, the art of the infantryman is less stereotyped and far harder to acquire in modern war than that of any other arm." ------- Field Marshall Wavell, April 1945.

Comment

• 2017 Pattern DPM shirt.
          Click image for larger version

Name:	2017 Ptn DPM shirt,packaging..jpg
Views:	1
Size:	422.1 KB
ID:	698244Click image for larger version

Name:	2017 Ptn,DPM shirt,Left sleeve pocket..jpg
Size:	258.3 KB
ID:	698243Click image for larger version

Name:	2017 Ptn DPM shirt.jpg
Size:	268.0 KB
ID:	698241Click image for larger version

Name:	2017 Ptn DPM shirt, Right sleeve pocket.jpg
Size:	426.7 KB
ID:	698242
          "Let us be clear about three facts. First, all battles and all wars are won in the end by the infantryman. Secondly, the infantryman always bears the brunt. His casualties are heavier, he suffers greater extremes of discomfort and fatigue than the other arms. Thirdly, the art of the infantryman is less stereotyped and far harder to acquire in modern war than that of any other arm." ------- Field Marshall Wavell, April 1945.

Comment

• Is there a process for oversize clothing

Comment

• Originally posted by koppiteal View Post
              Is there a process for oversize clothing
              Salad option

Comment

• Ah im not a fan of salad. Thats why i need the oversize clothing
                Last edited by koppiteal; 5 May 2019, 23:42.

Comment

• Ok. Took me a few days but here is the procedure in 1 BDE.
                  If you require outsize clothing you follow normal procedure regarding kit request, 245B etc.
                  However the request for kit must also have attached a report from the Bde Master tailor after he'she has measured you.
                  Bde stores then send paperwork all the way up the chain and the uniform is ordered specially from the manufacturers.
                  This obviously takes considerable time.

Alternatively,unless you are built like the incredible hulk naturally, then hit the salad and the roads. You might loose the weight and fit into a regular uniform faster than waiting on a bespoke uniform to arrive from Belgium!

Comment

• Got these from a friend. Unusual seeing as they are female specific when I was under the impression we were moving back to unisex clothing.
                    Hence the A****ion of a shirt that's coming on stream.
                    Click image for larger version

Name:	2018 DPM trousers 2.jpg
Size:	84.6 KB
ID:	698246Click image for larger version

Name:	2018 DPM trousers 1.jpg
Size:	83.0 KB
ID:	698245Click image for larger version

Name:	2018 DPM Trousers,Waist detail..jpg
Size:	78.4 KB
ID:	698247Click image for larger version

Name:	2018 DPM trousers,Ankle cuff..jpg
Size:	71.3 KB
ID:	698248Click image for larger version

Name:	Tag 1.jpg
Size:	49.6 KB
ID:	698249

Comment

• Last one.
                      Attached Files

Comment

• Never been issued "operational" trousers in my whole career.... Poxy winter bottoms every time, even on a summer trip to the leb probably never see those either

Comment

• Originally posted by Wiggles View Post
                          Never been issued "operational" trousers in my whole career.... Poxy winter bottoms every time, even on a summer trip to the leb probably never see those either
                          If you have been issued any item of DPM kit since 2011 it has "operational" on the label.The standard trousers up to now were labeled "winter" but if you go back to the advent of DPMs in the DF what is now the "winter" trousers was once the "summer" trousers(Anybody remember the original Winter trousers with the non breathable membrane/liner seat and knees?).

Once the DF got rid of the original "winter"trousers the "Tropical" trousers, which first saw use in Timor with the Wing, became the DeFacto summer trousers and were usually only issued for overseas use. In 2011 they were renamed "Operational trousers summer" officially.

My last trip to the Leb was a summer one and we were only issued two of these.Despite being ordered to bring four full sets of shirt and trousers. Thankfully I still had a few fairly good trousers from a previous trip and they became my patrol dress along with the newly issued UBACS and the new trousers were kept for good wear.

Shoot forward to 2017/8. The days of two different weights of cloth for "Winter" and "summer" is gone. The new trousers/smock and shirt all come in an Intermediate weight cloth halfway between the old national issue and overseas issue kit.So now we will only have one type of trouser going forward.Albeit in male and female variants.
                          So in short no.You won't see the old summer trousers on issue anymore.

Speaking of kit changes I had a good look at the new smock/UBACS and waterproof Jacket today.Some good points.Some bad.

New Smock sizes are completely different to the old sizes. Smock has a fleece lined mandarin collar so it will look ridiculous when worn folded down when hood is detached. Hood is held on with three old style buttons as opposed to the Canadian slotted style we are used to so loosing buttons again becomes an issue. Inner zipped pocket has moved down to below the waist drawcord on the left. Drawcords are now inside the waist.Gonna be super comfortable when worn with kit pushing the toggles into you ribs Storm cuffs now have a single piece of elastic shockcord instead of the current elasticated knitted cuffs. Upper sleeve pockets are a good size and have a black piece of web material sewn onto the inside back of each pocket and stitched into two loops. Ideal for Cyalumes. Too big for pens etc Plenty of places to carry pens though.Two slots at the top of each upper sleeve pocket and an open top double pen pocket on the lower left sleeve. FFD pocket on the lower right sleeve.

Waterproof jacket is shorter than the old design.Lower sleeves have the exact same pocket design as on the new smock. Internal waist drawcord and zipped lower outer pockets. Material is a PU/PA mix.Sadly not PTFE(Goretex)

New UBACS has an offset neck zip.Same design as the new Belgian one which kinda makes sense seeing as the are both made in the same factory. Design introduced to discourage people from going around with the zip undone.Theory being that the collar is supposed to be kept zipped to protect the neck from flame etc.
                          Last edited by apod; 13 May 2019, 16:15.

Comment

• I feel like I know the answer, apod, but how do these uniforms get approved? Are there people looking at international uniforms/best practices? Or is it just a bunch of officers going "how cheap can it be made while still looking good on parade?"
                            I knew a simple soldier boy.....
                            Who grinned at life in empty joy,
                            Slept soundly through the lonesome dark,
                            And whistled early with the lark.

In winter trenches, cowed and glum,
                            With crumps and lice and lack of rum,
                            He put a bullet through his brain.
                            And no one spoke of him again.

You smug-faced crowds with kindling eye
                            Who cheer when soldier lads march by,
                            Sneak home and pray you'll never know
                            The hell where youth and laughter go.

Comment

• Originally posted by Buck View Post
                              I feel like I know the answer, apod, but how do these uniforms get approved? Are there people looking at international uniforms/best practices? Or is it just a bunch of officers going "how cheap can it be made while still looking good on parade?"
                              A combination of the above. The DF Clothing Committee looks at all the gucci stuff from abroad, however its aspirations soon come plumetting back to earth with the limited clothing budget.

Just remember that in 2016, the creative or "arts" sector shook the government for millions for interpretive dance to commemorate the rising. The DF on the other hand were "awarded" a medal but told to fund it from their existing clothing budget.

Comment

• Originally posted by northie View Post
                                A combination of the above. The DF Clothing Committee looks at all the gucci stuff from abroad, however its aspirations soon come plumetting back to earth with the limited clothing budget.

Just remember that in 2016, the creative or "arts" sector shook the government for millions for interpretive dance to commemorate the rising. The DF on the other hand were "awarded" a medal but told to fund it from their existing clothing budget.
                                FFS...

Can't really say much more.
                                I knew a simple soldier boy.....
                                Who grinned at life in empty joy,
                                Slept soundly through the lonesome dark,
                                And whistled early with the lark.

In winter trenches, cowed and glum,
                                With crumps and lice and lack of rum,
                                He put a bullet through his brain.
                                And no one spoke of him again.

You smug-faced crowds with kindling eye
                                Who cheer when soldier lads march by,