Thanks Thanks:  52
Likes Likes:  81
Dislikes Dislikes:  4
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Soldier 2017

Post Thanks / Like
    One of the points of the intro of DPM was having a combined combat/barrack dress.

Brigadier General
    Post Thanks / Like
    And then they started adding bits that were only to be worn in barracks or in a combat environment. But not both.
    Well, there's good news and bad news. The bad news is that Neil will be taking over both branches, and some of you will lose your jobs. Those of you who are kept on will have to relocate to Swindon, if you wanna stay. I know, gutting. On a more positive note, the good news is, I've been promoted, so... every cloud. You're still thinking about the bad news aren't you?

Non Temetis Messor The real Jack's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Getting seyntex to make "ranger" pants like arktis make for the wing to match the ubacs would effectively make a combat dress, just issue to inf, cav etc, bods on courses and the overseas crew. Leave the rest of the uniform as the mincing around the barracks rig with the barracks jacket.
    Everyone who's ever loved you was wrong.

4. Likes Fridge Magnet liked this post
    CQMS
    Post Thanks / Like
    Any info on the boots, I hate issue ones and want to buy new boots. But are they staying with black or going brown

Recruit
    Post Thanks / Like
    At this rate, I'm expecting the following headline in the Waterford Whisper News - "DF propose 10,000 different uniforms for its 10,000 members"

7. Likes DeV, TangoSierra, Buck, F_M liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by holdfast View Post
    Any info on the boots, I hate issue ones and want to buy new boots. But are they staying with black or going brown
    Was told recently "brown is the word"
    Am thinking the MOU with our colleagues across the water is pushing this.
    Isn't the Haix Tibet (or a version of it) one of the five available issue boot types to the British Armed Forces?

As it is, a soft Haix boot is now on issue for overseas (well at least one of the lads at my callsign got a set anyway)
    Last edited by Truck Driver; 26th May 2017 at 21:26.
    "Well, stone me! We've had cocaine, bribery and Arsenal scoring two goals at home. But just when you thought there were truly no surprises left in football, Vinnie Jones turns out to be an international player!" (Jimmy Greaves)!"

9. Likes DeV liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    The new Dress Codes have gone live on IKON. DCoS SP,J1 page.
    RSM Kitchener's swan song before he hangs up his beloved cane and becomes the full time poet of the drop short corps.

Anyway.Basically they are visual depictions of each items of dress across all services and corps and how and when they should be worn.What I want to know is how official they are IE Will wear that way as opposed to should.Moot point as they are obsolete already in some cases. Norgie being withdrawn for example.
    The modern Irish soldier is better educated,trained and equipped then any any other generation that has gone before.

"Let us be clear about three facts:First of all.All battles and all wars are won in the end by the Infantryman.Secondly the Infantryman bears the brunt of the fighting,his casualties are heavier and he suffers greater extremes of fatigue and discomfort than the other arms.Thirdly,the art of the Infantryman is less stereotyped and harder to acquire than that of any other arm".
    -- Field Marshall Earl Wavell.1948

11. Thanks na grohmití, Truck Driver thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by apod View Post
    RSM Kitchener's swan song before he hangs up his beloved cane and becomes the full time poet of the drop short corps.

Anyway.Basically they are visual depictions of each items of dress across all services and corps and how and when they should be worn.What I want to know is how official they are IE Will wear that way as opposed to should.Moot point as they are obsolete already in some cases. Norgie being withdrawn for example.
    Not before time. Remember Trellheim making this very point that this should be done ages ago. Maybe he has a contact in J1 to float the suggestion to?
    "Well, stone me! We've had cocaine, bribery and Arsenal scoring two goals at home. But just when you thought there were truly no surprises left in football, Vinnie Jones turns out to be an international player!" (Jimmy Greaves)!"

Post Thanks / Like

Are they in line with the regs?

Eg the cane

Brigadier General
    Post Thanks / Like

Is he still serving? Thought he retired ages ago.
    Well, there's good news and bad news. The bad news is that Neil will be taking over both branches, and some of you will lose your jobs. Those of you who are kept on will have to relocate to Swindon, if you wanna stay. I know, gutting. On a more positive note, the good news is, I've been promoted, so... every cloud. You're still thinking about the bad news aren't you?

Thread Information