This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by northie View Post
    Nobody to my knowledge is buying the Scout though, there are similar boots being used, the Boots, Combat High Liability from the uk and the french have a slightly higher boot that uses the same mid and outsole as the scout which is called the nepal pro on the civilian market.
    What's the difference between the scout and whatever the hell in the high liability combat boot? they look pretty similar...

Is whatever the difference is enough to justify whatever price difference there'd be between X thousand Scouts on a separate contract and X thousand of CHLB on a joint contract?

Comment

In a word .No.
      The brown desert boots the lads in Mali are using are the exact same as the current Desert High liability boots the UKAF issue. It would be a fair bet that we would stick to that formula and trial the CHLB boot.
      At least I hope that's what happening.Those Feench army Nepal pros are fugly.
      "Let us be clear about three facts. First, all battles and all wars are won in the end by the infantryman. Secondly, the infantryman always bears the brunt. His casualties are heavier, he suffers greater extremes of discomfort and fatigue than the other arms. Thirdly, the art of the infantryman is less stereotyped and far harder to acquire in modern war than that of any other arm." ------- Field Marshall Wavell, April 1945.

Comment

Anyone Iv talked to don't like the trial boot
        Sir I cant find my peltors........Private they are on your face

Comment

Originally posted by spider pig View Post
          Any idea why?

Personally I prefer the Alt-berg, but the haix has a big following and such things are merely a matter of personal preference.

I'd find it odd if you gave the CHLB to 10 people and more than 4 didn't like it...

Comment

Originally posted by spider pig View Post
            What don't they like?
            "Let us be clear about three facts. First, all battles and all wars are won in the end by the infantryman. Secondly, the infantryman always bears the brunt. His casualties are heavier, he suffers greater extremes of discomfort and fatigue than the other arms. Thirdly, the art of the infantryman is less stereotyped and far harder to acquire in modern war than that of any other arm." ------- Field Marshall Wavell, April 1945.

Comment

This in unrelated but I was just wondering since when the tricolour on No 1s a thing?

Everyone who's ever loved you was wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by The real Jack View Post
                This in unrelated but I was just wondering since when the tricolour on No 1s a thing?

In an overseas appointment

Comment

Originally posted by apod View Post
                  The new style SD is not gone.Just pushed back.The new tender is as per the current design.
                  The new smock design looks good. Angled upper sleeve pockets.No chest pockets.Pen pocket on left forearm. FFD pocket on right Forearm.Poachers pocket on inside rear.Hood is staying.Ends of waist drawcord concealed
                  The new shirt is an abortion.Picture the shirt we have now.With slits in the hem at side to accomodate the female hips and NO chest pockets.No angled sleeve pockets eitherPen pocket as now.Yuck.
                  As for the trousers!Imagine the current BA PCS style trousers pockets(Concealed buttons ,pocket angled.).Now angle the map pockets forward instead of backwards.Add an elastic waist adjuster under the belt.And elasticated ankle cuffs.Again Yuck.
                  T-shirt colour is Green NOT brown as previously thought(probably a trial variant) but made from Modacryl. Rank velcro and Tricolour as now.
                  Wet suit jacket design is similar to the smock but with a fold away hood.Zipped lower front pocket with waterproof zips and forearm pockets as per the smock.No upper sleeve pockets.No change to the overtrousers.
                  Che Che and headover are gone as are the gaiters and Norgie.
                  Coolmax socks replacing the current "socks heavy".
                  Boonie hat has a detachable neck curtain.
                  The Westlife is back too!

I disagree with you on the shirt - it doesn't look like an abortion - it looks like an alien abortion gone wrong!

Open to correction on this:
                  - common peaker for all ranks (not sure if that all ready the case)
                  - common overcoat for all ranks
                  - ties (both the normal one and clip on)

Types of beret:
                  Black with red patch
                  Olive with lime green patch
                  Dark Green with dark green patch
                  Red with no patch

Please don't tell me!!!!!

Comment

Dev are you joking or is there actually 2 different green berets in the tender?

Comment

I thought the (non ARW) green beret was a thing of the past?
                      For now, everything hangs on implementation of the CoDF report.

Comment

Originally posted by The real Jack View Post
                        Dev are you joking or is there actually 2 different green berets in the tender?
                        I wish I was ......and that's definite

The bit I'm not sure about is where I say all ranks

Comment

Originally posted by DeV View Post
                          The Westlife is back too!

I disagree with you on the shirt - it doesn't look like an abortion - it looks like an alien abortion gone wrong!

Open to correction on this:
                          - common peaker for all ranks (not sure if that all ready the case)
                          - common overcoat for all ranks
                          - ties (both the normal one and clip on)

Types of beret:
                          Black with red patch
                          Olive with lime green patch
                          Dark Green with dark green patch
                          Red with no patch

Please don't tell me!!!!!
                          WTF? We are reverting back to a green beret because someone f***ed up on a flash???
                          Can't see either the common overcoat or cap being a flyer. Unless it means ORs are getting an upgraded overcoat (the latest issue ARE paper thin though). And why clip on and non clip on ties?
                          "Well, stone me! We've had cocaine, bribery and Arsenal scoring two goals at home. But just when you thought there were truly no surprises left in football, Vinnie Jones turns out to be an international player!" (Jimmy Greaves)!"

Comment

I've lost my login details for etenders so I can't log in to view the full specs in the documents, If it is enough time has now passed that the thousands of green lids that were floating around in buckshee, Bde & Bn stores have probably been binned! Most bods who are in a while would still have one or 2 at home anyways.

Comment

Lads.Calm your ovaries.Those are most likely copy and paste efforts from previous tenders,and they forgot to amend them.

Comment

Originally posted by apod View Post
                                Lads.Calm your ovaries.Those are most likely copy and paste efforts from previous tenders,and they forgot to amend them.
                                Until someone orders them then they have to be issued everyone gets 2 and then the 500 person RDF gets black again.

The Westlife jacket is a standalone document and that's there (they have been taken off the scale of issue in the last few month)
                                Last edited by DeV; 23 February 2017, 11:38.

Comment

Working...
                                X