Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Commander in Chief RoyalGreenJacket's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Truck Driver View Post
    Ha ! When the Haix Tibet boots were introduced into the DF, there was initial confusion, where the rumour "these are not to be polished"
    was circulating around

What was actually the truth was that the "guardsman gloss" type polish was not to be used, as it buggers up the Goretex lining in the boot

Why BROWN, I wonder ?

And is theres a lightweight boot for general barracks duties, for use with the MTP gear ?
    black is no longer used in the colour pattern of MTP (and is not often found naturally in nature either), but brown boots compliment the uniform quite well and add to the camouflage effect.

i have the Lowa Sepia boots in Nubuck which deffo do not need to be polished, but these Altbergs will need polish.

and yes - every soldier will have a personal choice of which boots he wants to be issued - 1 pair of 2 lightweight boots on offer and a choice of 1 pair of 2 heavier combat boots on offer.

these boots will always be in the system and can be changed as required when they wear out or need replacing.

i haven't polished a pair of boots in nearly a year now since we went into MTP with brown boots.
    RGJ

...Once a Rifleman - Always a Rifleman... Celer et Audax

The Rifles

Post Thanks / Like
    C'mon mate stop being disingenuous.The BA hasn't changed over to brown boots yet.In fact IIRC their is a CG'S instruction stating that black boots will be worn until such time as the new ones go on issue.The brown boots are still only being trialled.Correct?
    "Let us be clear about three facts:First of all.All battles and all wars are won in the end by the Infantryman.Secondly the Infantryman bears the brunt of the fighting,his casualties are heavier and he suffers greater extremes of fatigue and discomfort than the other arms.Thirdly,the art of the Infantryman is less stereotyped and harder to acquire than that of any other arm".
    -- Field Marshall Earl Wavell.1948

In Arduis Fidelis rod and serpent's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Got my MTP Multicam uniforms today, not allowed to wear them until December.

Sergeant Major
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Truck Driver View Post
    What ??? What's "Brix" ? (EDIT: Ahhh, I see now)

Jeebus !!!! No recession round here !

A few years ago, Bond Safety in Monaghan were selling the Haix Tibet for €140 a pair !!!
    Bond safety - Brix are their online store.

Post Thanks / Like
    Can anyone comment on the BA’s PCS suitability?

Some features
    http://www.hqrafregiment.net/images/PCSBrief2011.ppt

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DeV View Post
    Can anyone comment on the BA’s PCS suitability?

Some features
    http://www.hqrafregiment.net/images/PCSBrief2011.ppt
    There is a full PCS thread in the foreign forces thread.
    The question is suitability for what?

I own a full set of PCS BTW so ask a specific question and I may be able to help.
    "Let us be clear about three facts:First of all.All battles and all wars are won in the end by the Infantryman.Secondly the Infantryman bears the brunt of the fighting,his casualties are heavier and he suffers greater extremes of fatigue and discomfort than the other arms.Thirdly,the art of the Infantryman is less stereotyped and harder to acquire than that of any other arm".
    -- Field Marshall Earl Wavell.1948

7. Thanks DeV thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by apod View Post
    There is a full PCS thread in the foreign forces thread.
    The question is suitability for what?

I own a full set of PCS BTW so ask a specific question and I may be able to help.

Moved

How does the general design (cut, pockets etc) compare to ours?

Sergeant
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by apod View Post
    If you got it from the lad outside the gate in The Curragh, you probably got mine...

Major General
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by barrybadrinah View Post
    If you got it from the lad outside the gate in The Curragh, you probably got mine...
    (a) you sold your PCS?
    (b) the curragh has a gate?
    Well, there's good news and bad news. The bad news is that Neil will be taking over both branches, and some of you will lose your jobs. Those of you who are kept on will have to relocate to Swindon, if you wanna stay. I know, gutting. On a more positive note, the good news is, I've been promoted, so... every cloud. You're still thinking about the bad news aren't you?

Sergeant
    Post Thanks / Like
    There's tons of feckin gates, surprised me that their main function was to keep sheep out and not much else.

ninja edit: yeah I had a ton of shitty PCS-esque stuff I bought while in 29 Palms to tide me over.
    Last edited by barrybadrinah; 21st November 2017 at 00:05.

Thread Information