Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Not sure if you have found the same problem Apod, but I have stopped using pen pockets completely on our uniform as too often the contents have been launched accross a vehicle while removing seat belt.
    Never been a problem for me to be honest as the pen pockets on the current shirt and smock are enclosed.

I don't see the logic of removing chest pockets unless you intend it to be worn under body armour. In what situation is it normally expected to be worn?
    One word.
    T**s.
    Shirt redesigned to keep the females happy,and to save money as the old female specific shirt is now gone.
    Shirt was supposed to move to barrack dress only with the advent of UBACS. The new design begs the question as to why you would put UBACS pockets on a shirt that you are NOT supposed to wear under GSBA.
    "Let us be clear about three facts. First, all battles and all wars are won in the end by the infantryman. Secondly, the infantryman always bears the brunt. His casualties are heavier, he suffers greater extremes of discomfort and fatigue than the other arms. Thirdly, the art of the infantryman is less stereotyped and far harder to acquire in modern war than that of any other arm." ------- Field Marshall Wavell, April 1945.

Comment

• Same reason they got rid of the pocket on the old wooly pully then.
      I have no response to that.
      For now, everything hangs on implementation of the CoDF report.

Comment

• New DPM trousers coming on stream.
        Thankfully they fixed the wonky pockets.
        Pockets angled to the rear same as the British PCS trousers.Covered in buttons x2 .Same size buttons as current design pocket buttons as opposed to the smaller shirt style buttons on the prototype.
        Elastic and velcro side comfort adjusters on both sides of the waist under the belt.
        Sewn in elastic at ankles
        "Let us be clear about three facts. First, all battles and all wars are won in the end by the infantryman. Secondly, the infantryman always bears the brunt. His casualties are heavier, he suffers greater extremes of discomfort and fatigue than the other arms. Thirdly, the art of the infantryman is less stereotyped and far harder to acquire in modern war than that of any other arm." ------- Field Marshall Wavell, April 1945.

Comment

• So elasitics In ankles will have to be cut unless an operational pair come online.... ffs
          Sir I cant find my peltors........Private they are on your face

Comment

• Why would you need to cut the elastics?
            From what i can see the days of blousing the trousers with twisties are gone.Remember we are going to a slightly above ankle height boot.The new trousers are designed to come down over the tops of them.If you blouse your trousers the way we do now with the new boots the trousers will ride up over the tops of the boots every time you lift your leg.

Comment

• Just as an aside, Is blousing still a thing in militaries internationally? Is it still necessary? Are there more practical options with modern materials and methods?

Dutch Army at Allied Spirit I by 7th Army Training Command, on Flickr
              Last edited by na grohmiti; 2 March 2019, 11:22.
              For now, everything hangs on implementation of the CoDF report.

Comment

• Yes it is.Unless you are SOF. Who always try to be different.And Snipers. Who always try to be SOF

Blousing was traditionally done to prevent your socks getting wet through conduction when moving through wet vegetation and also to prevent creepy crawlies getting easy access to your legs.

Funnily enough if you go back far enough Blousing boots was started by PARAS,the SOF of their day, and regular troops wore their trousers "Straight legs".Hence the Term "Legs" by U.S PARAS to describe all non Paratroopers back in the day.

Seems we are going full circle.

If the "Operational" trousers go on issue they have velcro tabs at the ankles AFAIK so can't be bloused. Interestingly the Aussies omitted that feature on their version and kept elastics to allow for blousing.

Comment

• Personally, I find with the shot terriain and weather of most of our training facilities blueing my trousers keeps the water in the leg of the trouser where as when I don’t (as in always)leave them just sit unclouded it drains and Iv no extra weight. Bar GOH i haven’t blouses my trouser at all in a while.
                  Sir I cant find my peltors........Private they are on your face

Comment

• So.Anybody been issued any of the new items yet?
                    New boonie hat is mental. Shirt is in the new lighter material.Comfortable to wear if ridiculous looking.Slits in the hem either side to keep the females happy.

BTW: Beware the 2018 t-shirts. If you go for the same size in a 2018 as a 2017,the new ones are very tight fitting.

Comment

• Whats wrong with the boonie

Comment

• Originally posted by koppiteal View Post
                        Whats wrong with the boonie
                        BFO neck curtain that no one will ever use 'cos it looks totally shite. Almost as bad as the lopsided shirts

Comment

• Do they not ask for feedback after trials ffs

Comment

• Originally posted by koppiteal View Post
                            Do they not ask for feedback after trials ffs
                            WHAT Trials??? I have asked around and have yet to meet anyone involved or be told by anyone who knows any unit that did them.
                            Only major trials I know of in recent years were the Brown boot trials,the "Ranger" trousers trials and the NSV DPM trials.

Comment

• Originally posted by apod View Post

BTW: Beware the 2018 t-shirts. If you go for the same size in a 2018 as a 2017,the new ones are very tight fitting.
                              Or perhaps you’ve gained a few pounds with maturity

Comment

• Originally posted by paul g View Post
                                Or perhaps you’ve gained a few pounds with maturity
                                Oh.For sure.But it's not me that's just saying it. Buddy of mine said it to me first(he takes the same size as me) so I tried on one of his.
                                Just as he said.
                                Bate onto me.

PS: How very dare you call me mature

Comment

Working...
                                X